Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I know its probably too late now but I wish they would of had ladders in the game like D2 had and FFA PvP. That would of made it last much longer for me, I'd probably still be playing it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I know its probably too late now but I wish they would of had ladders in the game like D2 had and FFA PvP. That would of made it last much longer for me, I'd probably still be playing it actually.
    Whoa... that's something new. A new insane idea of adding useless things to game.

Ok, tomorrow morning blizzard announced that they made official ladder available to players.
    Now here are your options:
    - You are plvl100, you got into ladder and now are on spot#1434.
    - You are not plvl100, you start leveling immediately and the best you can do would be #20000+

In first case you have nothing to do because you already finished the "race", in second case you already lost.

How would a ladder make the game "last much longer" for you? What exactly are you going to do after ladder implementation?

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Whoa... that's something new. A new insane idea of adding useless things to game.

Ok, tomorrow morning blizzard announced that they made official ladder available to players.
    Now here are your options:
    - You are plvl100, you got into ladder and now are on spot#1434.
    - You are not plvl100, you start leveling immediately and the best you can do would be #20000+

In first case you have nothing to do because you already finished the "race", in second case you already lost.

How would a ladder make the game "last much longer" for you? What exactly are you going to do after ladder implementation?
    So hostile, for me I liked it when the ladders reset in D2 it was fun to start fresh again I didn't care too much about the race aspect but it was fun I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yah, you dont just transfer a character to a ladder.... its never worked that way. You create a new one and compete to power lvl.

I sometimes fire up d3 to chat on my friends list while i play d2. Thats all i use d3 for. Its free access to the friends list. Would have to pay $15/month to use the wow friends list.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I sometimes fire up d3 to chat on my friends list while i play d2. Thats all i use d3 for. Its free access to the friends list. Would have to pay $15/month to use the wow friends list.
    *coughs* There is SC2, as well.

I'd also like to add, since I made this thread, I've been playing more with an old bud, Pendulous, and Darsithis - playing with other people really helps make it not boring. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Remove always on DRM.
    Remove RMAH.
    Remove GAH.
    Increase gear drop rates to a balanced point where it's feasible to gear out your own character without buying gear within a reasonable amount of time.
    Implement meaningful crafting/reforging.
    Implement leagues/ladders/race that reset often and have different and fun stipulations.
    Implement a skill/stat/rune system that makes your character feel like something you built. Unique... rather than the same as every other person of your class.
    Implement meaningful pvp.

Re-release the game under a different name because the diablo franchise leaves nothing but sour tastes and disdain for blizzard in all but a few mouths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Remove always on DRM.
    Remove RMAH.
    Remove GAH.
    Increase gear drop rates to a balanced point where it's feasible to gear out your own character without buying gear within a reasonable amount of time.
    Implement meaningful crafting/reforging.
    Implement leagues/ladders/race that reset often and have different and fun stipulations.
    Implement a skill/stat/rune system that makes your character feel like something you built. Unique... rather than the same as every other person of your class.
    Implement meaningful pvp.

Re-release the game under a different name because the diablo franchise leaves nothing but sour tastes and disdain for blizzard in all but a few mouths.
    I wish you would read the OP instead of just blatantly posting and disregarding all of the discussion that has been had. -.-

Had you read the OP (it wasn't even too long, so even the most horribly ADD person would be able to pay attention and read it) then you would know this is about how INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS, not Blizzard, make the game fun for themselves.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I want to get back into Diablo 3, I do. A lot. There's something about the look and colors that is just very appealing, but sadly I find it hard to play Diablo 3 without getting really bored. I had stopped back in early November again and just started trying to play again on Friday, this past weekend has been full of reminding myself why I quit:

Farming the same stuff over and over gets old really fast, I want some change, and not "oh that champion pack has different affixes this time!" I need some serious change. I tried Path of Exile and I've been meaning to play it more, but Diablo 3 I invested $100 in for the C.E. I feel like I should get my money's worth at least or something, or even just make that money back in RMAH funds, which I've only done maybe 20% of.

A game lately I've found to have extreme replayability, yet is so simple, is Binding of Isaac. Every playthrough is seriously different. I know it's a different style of game, but surely Diablo 3 could have more, no? What have other Diablo 3 players done to keep it fresh?
    Simple: play hardcore.

Hopefully the changes to legendaries will help this game on the right path.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see... give me more of an End game like at least PoE has end game despite the fucking awful things when you get to like 80+ like give me a endless dungeon like wtf is this f'ing act 3 farm or more density on act 1 act 2 where things don't even change? Don't get me wrong I plan on messing around on 1.08 due to I crushed PoE so there's nothing left there for me cept level 100 but that's not the point.

It NEEDS an end game not fucking UBERS that's not end game that's pure frustration and a waste of time.

Oh and make MF'ing more noticable like in you know LoD? I farm MP 8 with level 100 paragon max MF wtf do I get? More shit and more shit. The new loot changes seem like a good pace of direction so that's a good thing other then that I still see it being a POS.

- Make people want to farm
    - Make an end game for god sakes like endless dungeon
    - Change the fucking maps around like It's not fresh. PoE does it hell f'ing torchlight does it; D3 was made for you casuals in my eyes anyway. So simple and not even remotely complicated to destroy that game.
    - Make paragon leveling more attractive like what the fuck I did because I'm perfection and I liked mf'ing other people can't be fucked to grind act 3 for like 9 years like lets see ADD SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW lol
    - Make potions back please spamming potions was Diablo like f'ing Jay Wilson.

Oh and one more thing let me fight Imperius because hes a dick.

That is all~
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-03-27 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Lets see... give me more of an End game like at least PoE has end game despite the fucking awful things when you get to like 80+ like give me a endless dungeon like wtf is this f'ing act 3 farm or more density on act 1 act 2 where things don't even change? Don't get me wrong I plan on messing around on 1.08 due to I crushed PoE so there's nothing left there for me cept level 100 but that's not the point.
    Play hardcore and you'll have stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get it. Everybody praised Diablo 2 for being the best game ever, ever, ever. But it didn't have as much an "end game" as Diablo 3, unless you count mindless grinding to get to level 99.Why is everybody complaining about it now? Hell, you can up your Monster Power all the way you want, and do Ubers. What did Diablo2 have? Ubers.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me d3 is fun because I play with friends. This genre itself isn't really all that special. Grind the same stuff over and over for better gear until you don't die anymore. I don't mind it, but I know others may dislike it. Yea the game has flaws but I have fun just because its a easy game to just jump in and play with friends. I'm sure others will disagree, but if I'm having fun so who cares. I hope that with continued support from blizz though that the game will make others happy as well.
    The only constant is change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I still don't get it. Everybody praised Diablo 2 for being the best game ever, ever, ever. But it didn't have as much an "end game" as Diablo 3, unless you count mindless grinding to get to level 99.Why is everybody complaining about it now? Hell, you can up your Monster Power all the way you want, and do Ubers. What did Diablo2 have? Ubers.
    Because people were not used to free content patch that most of games get today, including free to play MMO, or even games like Mass Effect 3 which had its multiplayer content tripled in the year following the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Farming was fun in D3, you got endless sets and uniques. Even if they were low level trash 99% of the time, it was still better than nothing but yellow and blue.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Farming was fun in D2, you got endless sets and uniques. Even if they were low level trash 99% of the time, it was still better than nothing but yellow and blue.
    In addition people like shit dropping if it was oranges fucking green sets that's what made it fun most of the time in my childhood and I was doing that mf shit for probably 14 hours a god dam day when I was a kid. Max MF level cap pfft destroyed Mephisto runs Pindle runs Baal runs SO MANY RUNS

Best days EVER - > Pindleskin run LES DO THIS x100 times WINDFORCE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - > Lets fast forward to the present D3: - > 12 hour run MP 8 level 100 paragon - > VENDOR LOOTS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OH SHIT A ORANGE DROPPED WTF IS IT oh... a piece of shit non socket bul kathros sword YES I am SO HAPPY TO BRIMSTONE THIS LIKE A BOSS

Mad
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-03-27 at 11:01 PM.

Yeah, Diablo 3 fell flat on it's face when it came to loot. Both the auction house & the loot spam of 99% useless items contributed to diminishing the excitement of farming loot.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah never mind. Half of the posters didn't read the OP, they read the title and assumed. Sigh.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been wanting to get back in for a bit now. Every once in a while ill play for an hour, just bullshitting. I did play for a few days after paragon was introduced (got to 3 I think), and then again when monster power was added. Started a DH on mp10 HC and went to skele king til my rustiness caught up to me.

I think I may scrap my currently leveled guys and just start over. I miss the aspect of leveling a new character in D2, but building it differently.
    wyrd bið ful aræd