Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like them. But that may be mainly because pretty much every set looks like it has been built for the Human Model. There's the least clipping, and seeing a Male Human in Ymirjar Set was what made me decide on Human Paladin as my first Alliance Race. If Humans could get Darkflight I would be tempted to change my Warrior to Human.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    Harelip. Mittens. Constipated running animation. Some combat animations (like two-handed special attack) are ridiculous. Ridiculous amount of muscles - especially if you're playing mage. Looks like human mage only reads and makes research while in a gym.

I dont think they look too bad, I think they look old tough very old. If you compare the Vanilla WoW races to a Pandaren the diference in details are just mindblowing, the Vanilla races definetly need and update and I hazard a guess the new models will be released on the next xpac even if its ready before it as this would be a great selling point for an xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not "that" bad, I mean it's still probably the worse model but it's okay. Although you preferably need a beard on the or else he looks a little odd.
    I personally really like their combat animations. Their dual wield animations are smooth along with their two hander animation which I think is one of the best. Their casting animations are okay as well.

I think if they had a slightly better model though I'd have more than one .

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for me, although it depends on the class. For a Warrior I think they're awesome, but not so much for casters. The gear I think looks good on them as well.

it's definately not that bad, but to me, humans are made to look good while wearing complete body armour. Without the armour, you can definately see some problems though. For example, their massive neck-to-shoulder muscles making them look like bald gorilla's, while giving them Judgement armour makes them look like the most amazing angels of retribution ever.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    yes they are horrible, never had human male and never will (well, unless new models will be superior to this crap), but I don't think they are worst combo in a game, male Night Elves looks even more horrid.

Deleted
    The male human face is just terrible. Even more so when you've come back to WoW after a break playing Guild Wars 2. It's an embarrassment that such poor character models still exist in a Blizzard MMO in 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    The male human face is just terrible. Even more so when you've come back to WoW after a break playing Guild Wars 2. It's an embarrassment that such poor character models still exist in a Blizzard MMO in 2013.
    The amount of customisation in GW2 is unreal, it would be awesome if WoW had that as well.

Deleted
    The only bad things with the male human model for me is how how they run like they shit their pants, and how cloth gear looks on them (skirts etc)

The rest is just fine with them imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    They sound worse than they look.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Harelip. Mittens. Constipated running animation. Some combat animations (like two-handed special attack) are ridiculous. Ridiculous amount of muscles - especially if you're playing mage. Looks like human mage only reads and makes research while in a gym.
    This. All of this. I agree.

And with that being said, Humans are still the only class I will play on Alliance. All the other races annoy me even worse. The new models can't get here quick enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Is the shrug really that off putting?
    The amount of times it does it is quite off putting to me. He does it -constantly-.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Describe some of these horrible animations
    Running, moving, casting.

Running: It's like they have a pole up their ass. Like a mechanical doll that you hold from said pole and it keeps running through the air with the same mechanical, unnatural way. Easily the worst running animation among all the races. Admittedly, it's probably an awesome animation to use for a loading screen icon, you know as the game loads have a stationary small human male running sideways as a "Now Loading" icon between continents.
    Walking animation is ok.

I had a high level alt human male. Eventually I gave up on him and made a new female one simply because I couldn't look at those silly movement animations anymore. Not to mention that it was a Warlock, and human males look crap in Cloth Armor. Especially when Blizzard goes a bit on the flamboyant side ( *cough* TBC leveling *cough* ). Their casting animations are not bad per se -the idea behind them is good if you ask me- it's just that they end up looking silly due to how buffed the human males are.

As for the whole plate armor thing: /shrug.
    I believe that due to them being so buffed, the armor texture ends up taking more space and thus you can easily look at more details on the armor art. That's the main reasoning behind dataminers using Human Males for previews.
    Personally I believe that plate armor looks the best on Male Orcs and Male Dwarves, then Humans. But that's just me.

edit: Oh ye, that 2-handed special attack animation mentioned above. Silly.
    Last edited by Andeus; 2013-03-18 at 11:38 AM.

I'm just sad i have to play as a human in a fantasy game to benefit in the biggest game factor (PvP)----....----

Stupid Evry man for him self.... :'(

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind them. I think they look good in armor, and their casting animations are good as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    I'm just sad i have to play as a human in a fantasy game to benefit in the biggest game factor (PvP)----....----

Stupid Evry man for him self.... :'(
    I'm Draenei healer, what should I say? hit as a racial is completly useless. Gift of the Naaru is also pathetic, would be better if we got haste or something during that.

They're basically the 1st race in the game.

They look good in plate armor. Even cloth as long as you don't go "flamboyant" as someone said. Yes, it's kinda derp such kind of body for a priest, but still their casting animations kinda compensate for it.

The main thing is, ppl think other vanila races look better, because they're "fun" races. You do expect a "perfect" looking human (we're all human), not a perfect looking dwarf, gnome (lol), orc, troll...

humans get spirit. and a free trinket.. thats why i hate them i want them to get a cup of tea... so i can play another race

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    The amount of customisation in GW2 is unreal, it would be awesome if WoW had that as well.
    To bad aion customisation makes gw2 look as bad as wow . I just hope with the new wow ones they atleast let us pick hight and atleast some body shapes.
    Aye mate