Question Things that MUST alert you in PVP (and then you have to react ... or maybe die) ?

Hi

I need your help to inventory some things. I'm actually trying a few addons but first improving my culture .

I'd like to know if, with your help, because I'm not an expert, we could list the most dangerous things we must interrupt or avoid (even by fleeing) in PVP.

Things that come to my mind :

- Chaos Bolt -> interrupt
    - Avenging Wrath/Holy Avenger -> Control

[and so on...]

Thanks for your help ! I want to be sure I'm aware of things I must absolutly " DO SOMETHING " about

Little off topic, but the addon you want is called: GladiatorlosSA.
    Will alert you of any action that is of importance to know, and is configurable, so you can disable any crap you do not want.
    will be a little spammy in battlegrounds, but it is worth it, trust me.

WarriorPaladinHunterRoguePriestShamanMageWarlock
    • Dark Soul - Control (Note: There are 3 different spell IDs for Affli/Demo/Destro)
    • Chaos Bolt - Interrupt / Avoid

MonkDruidDeath Knight

Spells you should prioritize interrupting: Frost Bomb, Lava Burst, Mind Blast, Starsurge.

OH ! Thank you very much for taking the time to reply in such a detailed and expansive way Snuggli ! And thanks Ultima, I was having a look at gladiator addon, but was kinda overwhelmed by the alerts, and didn't know what I should filter or not (part of my request).

Thanks again !

DK (or rdruid with symbiosis from DK) - Icebound Fortitude: Immune to stuns, breaks stuns if stunned when activated.

Deleted
    Dispell Icy Veins of the mage rather than control imo...

Combustion - Selfdispell, Magic Def CD

Deleted
    Spells you should prioritize interrupting: Frost Bomb, Lava Burst, Mind Blast, Starsurge.
    Ignore this lava burst comment. Don't waste interrupt on it, use it on Elemental Blast, Hex or Healing Surge.
    Lava Burst interrupt can be reset with a surge proc or by using ascendance and it doesn't hit as hard as elemental blast.

Deleted
    Do yourself a favor and dont use shitty addons like gladiatorlosa or things like that.
    It will dumb down your senses and reduce your skills alot.

Learn to play the game by watching visuals and positioning instead.
    Being better at the game is more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Ignore this lava burst comment. Don't waste interrupt on it, use it on Elemental Blast, Hex or Healing Surge.
    Lava Burst interrupt can be reset with a surge proc or by using ascendance and it doesn't hit as hard as elemental blast.
    Good shout. It was a quick edit at the end and I was in the WotLK mindset for Eles.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Do yourself a favor and dont use shitty addons like gladiatorlosa or things like that.
    I'm not so sure about that. It's definitely better to play properly since you can process a lot more information than that addon can announce to you, but I think if you're just getting into pvp for the first time it could help to properly associate some of those visual queues. It's just important to recognize when you no longer need it so it stops cluttering up your sensory resources--I remember seeing Mayo streaming using this addon and was a little disappointed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post

Learn to play the game by watching visuals and positioning instead.
    Being better at the game is more fun

Implying you can completely keep an eye on what every single target is doing in a 5v5 setting.

It is good to have a quick heads up if you are trying to focus on a few different things and the Lock behind you starts channeling a Chaosbolt into the back of your Skull after a Team-mate got juked.

Spellalerter is audible instead of visual and thus doesn't take up space on your screen.

Also, warrior's berserker's rage = tranq shot/shiv/druid's soothe

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    WarriorPaladinHunterRoguePriestShamanMageWarlock
    • Dark Soul - Control (Note: There are 3 different spell IDs for Affli/Demo/Destro)
    • Chaos Bolt - Interrupt / Avoid

MonkDruidDeath Knight

Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    A druid hard casting starsurge...What?lol
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Don`t know if anyone mentioned it but also keep an eye out for the pvp trinket, you can be sure that some of the abilities listed above will be use after trinket if poped. So if they guy turns red cc or kite or get out of los

Deleted
    Not really something to avoid/run from, but the addon 'Healers have to die' will auto mark healers so you know who to focus killing/interupts on

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't spend TOO much time on trying to control a DK his CDs. Unless said DK doesn't have desecrated ground/you have a disarm. If not, it's best to avoid or pop CDs yourself to counter pressure/reduce pressure done on you.

Believe me, DKs are really hard to control with a stun immunity, trinket + 10 sec immunity to all CC, immunity to fear/polymorph and a pvp trinket on top of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    Don`t know if anyone mentioned it but also keep an eye out for the pvp trinket, you can be sure that some of the abilities listed above will be use after trinket if poped. So if they guy turns red cc or kite or get out of los

"surge of power" aka the proc trink icon for the buff.. much more dangerous right now esp against casters. i notice a lot of people not reacting at all when this is up and its much more of a boost then the 'turn bright red on use' trink.