3rd Healer Tier Pieces

As the "swing" healer / dps in a 10 man, I'm looking for advice as to whether I should be using my tier for ele or dps first.

I normally do dps w/o question. But there seems to be more 3 healing this tier then usual. I'm also a little unsure about the relative strengths of the set bonuses.

im struggling with the same question as you Tin, we normally do a MS > OS loot system but hit a roadblock when i want a piece due to me healing what seems like half of the time

While I can't speak for your particular raid, at least on normal, it seems to me like a decent portion of the 3-healer fights are more like 2.5, in that some of the time you need 2, and some of the time 3. Personally I'd gear up the DPS set, but that's just me.

Deleted
    I am basically in same positions like you, but if you going for heroic progress you should really take at least Ele 2p, because its awesome for fights with heavy ChL. On other side, you are Shaman and 3rd healer so loads of your healing come from CDs and your raw hps is probably lower, so I wont really bother going for Resto tier piece.

For normal you basically need 3 healers only for Lei Shen and Megaera.

Thanks all. Good points. I'll go dps.

I do spend a lot of time dpsing as resto. This past tier I used the ele 2 piece in my healing set for most of it.

I don't normally get many tier tokens anyway. Usually pass to those who use them full-time. Just got lucky with some bonus rolls.