Deleted

Fish of the day. More like fish of the week.

So far 5.2 has been great. I am playing on Eonar and nothing much ever happens there. But I've been doing dungeons for extra rep, I've farmed rare mobs, gotten new mounts and pets and killed some giant dinos. I was even lucky enough to get a nice pair of boots from ToT trash.

Then a few days ago I stumbled upon the "fish of the day", I was exited and flew to Gokk'lokk Shallows and fished a bunch of shrimp, killed the rare spawn and watched seagulls feast on the bounty of shrimps. It was great and I really enjoyed the other fishermen sitting on rocks and getting their share of the spoils, I even went so far as to buy myself a raft. Then after a long day of chatting with guildies and fishing almost without end I decided to call it a day.

The next day I log in exited to see which new place "Fish of the day" would bring me to. Imagine my surprise when I was told to go to Gokk'lokk Shallows again today. Ok I think to myself. It's a great place to fish. So I head out and enjoy another day of mindless fishing.

By the third day the seagulls eating entire schools of fish begins to annoy me and by the fourth day I don't even want to fly out there.

So is it just bad luck RNG? Or did they change it to fish of the week? Did anyone else notice this on other realms?

TLDR: On Eonar we got fish of the day the same place 4 days in a row.

UPDATE: 5 days and counting with Gokk'lokk Shallows being the fish of the day.
    Last edited by mmocbfc555392b; 2013-03-15 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    Bad luck on your part.
    Last 4 days had red belly mandarin pools, tiger gourami at shado pan monastery, spine fish in inkgill mere and danio in vale.
    Didnt know their was rare spawn there tho must investigate!

Deleted
    I knew that there was something like this but tell me... what reward do I get for fishing the "fish of the day"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    I knew that there was something like this but tell me... what reward do I get for fishing the "fish of the day"?
    Apart from a chance at one of Nat Pagles dailies when killing the rares, it's basically just an opportunity to fish a load of fish without having to move much. The area in question will be swarmed with fast-respawning pools, so you'll never run out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Bad luck on your part.
    Last 4 days had red belly mandarin pools, tiger gourami at shado pan monastery, spine fish in inkgill mere and danio in vale.
    Didnt know their was rare spawn there tho must investigate!
    I so envy you. On the bright side I got my Tiny White Carp yesterday when I fished the rare mob up

Deleted
    Grats on carp! Today's was new location too, outside brewery with tiger pools

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd noticed the new super spawn thing, but I was unaware of rare spawns and pets. Must investigate! Though likely with my current things I need to take care of that will mean just before 5.3 drops when I'm a little less strapped for time. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Apart from a chance at one of Nat Pagles dailies when killing the rares, it's basically just an opportunity to fish a load of fish without having to move much. The area in question will be swarmed with fast-respawning pools, so you'll never run out of them.
    This, and if you fish from the big pool there you can spawn a rare boss monster (probably soloable for every class) which has a chance to drop the +50 fishing skill BoA books. Took me 60+ catches to spawn the boss when I did it, the boss will also drop a stack of fish (identical to the ones you've already fished up).

Is there always a 'big pool'? The first time I went to 'fish of the day' I did see a big pool, and sure enough a rare spawned and I got that book. I've done several fish of the day sequences since and did not see a big pool, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough...

It takes some time for them to spawn if one has been cleared. Saw a corpse of Krakkanon saturday with no other big pool in sight (Krasarang) and didn't see a corpse or pool in Kun Lai today.

The boss is faction tagged btw. Wasn't too sure the first time I fished one up and quickly tagged it.

Deleted
    Boss isn't faction tagged.
    Ally fishes it up and was attacking it, I joined in on horde Mage, stayed red to me entire time even though damage had been done to it.
    Burnt it down between us and both got loot (re logged ally to check) I got 20 spinefish, daily nat pagle spinefish and a 50 skill fishing book.
    They got the fish, daily fish and a battle pet
    Take a while as it has a lot of health but his attacks didnt even take off my ice barrier once and other Mage was fine all the time too.