10+ Year Old Account

OMG my green fire quest

So I picked up my book for green fire as a horde a few days ago and was mid-way through when I decided to faction changed. I was ok with having to find the book again and grind for. i lost the quest that took me into the black temple when i changed. I was not upset about it, was my fault. But now i have gotten the book again and when I clicked on it to start the quest again, it tells me I have done it already. OMG, are you serious. This is a class quest and a very cool one at that. I know I am a idiot for not completing it before I faction-ed, but i just want to do the quest. I grinded for 2 solid days any help or advice would be great

Thanks

contact a GM

Deleted
    Just make a ticket. I'm sure the Gms will help you.

Wish i could help, but i must say this situation sounds pretty unique. Ticket it is all i can say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did,been open for 2 days now

There is nothing anyone on these forums can do about ticket wait times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing anyone on these forums can do for you, you just have to wait out the ticket reply. It's a good warning for people that are thinking of doing a transfer though.

Have you tried queueing for Black Temple or going to the last place you did the quest?Maybe you are lucky and pick it up (pop up again) for you. Dont want to give you hopes or something, just wondering if you gave it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Have you tried queueing for Black Temple or going to the last place you did the quest?Maybe you are lucky and pick it up (pop up again) for you. Dont want to give you hopes or something, just wondering if you gave it a shot
    This is a good idea. You probably just need to go back to whichever questgiver gave you the step of the quest you were on before your faction change.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I have not tried , that, will do it right now. Thanks

This SIMPLE problem could be solved with a ticket, there was really no need for a thread about this, you could have even posted it in the
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread-spoilers

which has over 60 pages worth of discussion.

Quest bugged out? I'll better contact the mmo champ community first.

Sick, get your tome to not even finish the questline before faction changing then complain about not being able to use your SECOND one to complete the quest. Meanwhile myself and a bunch of other people are still grinding for a FIRST tome. Maybe we should all make our own threads complaining about how many rares we kill during the day only to walk away empty handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Yeah the faction changes with these types of quest are really buggy.
    Recently, before 5.2 hit, I completed all of Chapter 2 for Wraithon's Legendary quest up to turning in the ones for pvp and for killing the Hordes commander in Karasong, even got the achivo and the reward. Then I faction changed to horde. When 5.2 hit I went to pick up the next steps of the quest line and low and behould they where not there. What was waiting for me was a change of command, and the pvp part of the quest. I talked with a GM and was told that there are some weird bugs with faction changes going on and basically I am SOL and have to restart the quest lines.
    That wouldnt of been a problem but I can not complete the quest because It tells me I already did. After days of waiting on my re opened ticket for a GM, I was told that its being looked into and will get back when it has been solved.
    About 3 weeks later, still waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to all of those who for some reason cannot help being just harsh, I am sorry, i just thought maybe someone had gone through the same thing as i did and could shed alittle light on this matter, but i guess i was wrong. I had no idea i couldnt post of the forums. i am sorry and will try to make sure I dont do it again. I had contacted blizzard prior to this via ticket and had been waiting. besides someone looking to faction change while on this quest might need to know what i am about to say.

Pitakos and blackblade were absolutly right, as soon as i saw Black temple and clicked the door, i was able to pick the quest right back up and enter the scenario and continue my green fire quest. I want to say thank you very much guys for your idea there, it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardemon View Post

Pitakos and blackblade were absolutly right, as soon as i saw Black temple and clicked the door, i was able to pick the quest right back up and enter the scenario and continue my green fire quest. I want to say thank you very much guys for your idea there, it helped.
    You are welcome m8 . Ofcourse making a thread on a forum about a problem you have isn't bad, especially by the time you do some research and dont find a similar thread. Forums are supposed to be helpfull, insightfull or just time consuming ^_^ .Ofcourse there will be people who will not act as expected or if you want will not bother to help with your problem for whatever their reason might be. You should not take this personally, thats how nowadays things are.

Good luck with your Green fire sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardemon View Post
    Well to all of those who for some reason cannot help being just harsh, I am sorry, i just thought maybe someone had gone through the same thing as i did and could shed alittle light on this matter, but i guess i was wrong. I had no idea i couldnt post of the forums. i am sorry and will try to make sure I dont do it again. I had contacted blizzard prior to this via ticket and had been waiting. besides someone looking to faction change while on this quest might need to know what i am about to say.

Some ppl found this out the hard way with the legendary staff quest too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to dredge up a month old post, but since this was the only relevant result from google, I thought I'd save someone else from having the mini-heart attack I had after my faction change.

Before the swap, I was on the fight with Kanrethad. After my swap (and panic attack), I flew out to black temple. Sure enough, I could see Jubeka's glyph on the front gate. I clicked it, queued up, and voila! I was teleported to the top of Black Temple, ready to die again.
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan