25M Recruitment Questions.

So my group is recruiting to go from 10M to 25M (We've recently merged with another 10M group that misses 25M raiding.
    Working on the comp and looking at what we have available to us at this current time I came up with 2 different comps.

(REMOVE SPACES FROM LINKS<3)

What we have on our roster:
    raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=uwtt2xx000bb790rr000g66od000000000000000

What comp we could run if we took in another 'bundle' of raider and 2-3 applicants:
    raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=uwtt22ffxkbb794rrmmig66od000000000000000

Another comp I was messing with, considering recruiting for:

Obviously I won't be recruiting to this EXACT comp, as that would take far longer than we like,
    but want to stick as close as possible to a set MMO-Champ raid comp to assure we have all buffs, debuffs and plenty of situational CDs
    for Magic and Physical damage.

Which of these comps looks the best,
    do either of them look like they would hinder a group?
    If you have time, Throw together a comp in MMO Champ that you think would be better for us to recruit for (Which is why I included the first link, as those are the classes we already have on our roster)

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Radiius

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 01:55 PM ----------

edit: fixed links. woops.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-03-18 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=uwtt2xx000bb790rr000g66od000000000000000

Link 2&3 seem to be the same.

At first most of the fights you will run with 6 healers as default setup. In some Cases 5 or 7 are also possibly. To the buff, debuff and CD issue: Almost every Setup is ok since the changes for 10 man were made.

Keep in mind that your setup is also depending on your rooster of 30-40 players and their attendance.
    Last edited by Olddreth; 2013-03-18 at 03:33 PM.
    Character(s): Velestra || Guild(s): Untotenschutzverein - MM || Sig by Lorfine

10+ Year Old Account
    made some links for yoooooo

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Biggest thing to avoid, flooding tier tokens.

Depending on who sits and who's on, we have anywhere from 10-13 people on Vanq tokens. Increased loot drops or not, most tiers it's pretty hard to get 4pc for quite some time for our classes :P

ugh just stack warlocks and boomkins. gg.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be focused on getting a comp of 25 raiders for 25-man. You will have absences and such. You really need a roster of 30-40 and constant recruitment to maintain that. Whatever you don't have, recruit more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    I wouldn't be focused on getting a comp of 25 raiders for 25-man. You will have absences and such. You really need a roster of 30-40 and constant recruitment to maintain that. Whatever you don't have, recruit more of that.
    Exactly this. As a 25m, if you don't have 1 of something, you should be recruiting it so that you have what you need when you need it and you have replacements if people miss a raid (and some things you may want multiple of).

your comp has 5 healers?

You may want to have atleast a 6th healer. Some fights will require it on 25. Unless your DPSers like Boomkins/Eles/Rets/Monks have a good healing offspec just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    You may want to have atleast a 6th healer. Some fights will require it on 25. Unless your DPSers like Boomkins/Eles/Rets/Monks have a good healing offspec just incase.
    Yeah, Our elemental shaman has a healing offspec and we do plan on recruiting 1 more healer + having a few with Healing OS

Thanks for the feedback in the thread, appreciate it.

Having led 40 mans in classic, raided 25 man in TBC and led 25 man in Wrath my advice would be to aim to have a roster that is at least 30% larger than the raid size. So a 25 man raid should have a roster no smaller than 33-34 players. Always recruit new people. Never stop. If you stop, you'll end up with a roster size problem a month or two down the line.

You're never gonna keep "30 to 40" people on the bench in a non-hardcore 25man guild. You're gonna get a lot of recruits that rage and gquit when they don't get in on their first raid night. In my experience as an officer in a middle-of-the-road 25man is that you'll find a sweet spot ~28-29 people on your roster.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Yeah we decided on this comp: raidcomp. mmo-champion. com/?c=uvtts2jxx0bbrrri900dgg66o000000000000000
    We're merging in 3 10M guilds with less than 10 rosters who are all pretty equally skilled raiders.
    Not hardcore, but not casual either - guys with an understanding of their class and wanting to enjoy the content.

We start today with clearing T14 content for misc pieces some might be missing,
    and if all goes fairly well, we plan on getting into ToT later in the week - and shooting for 2-3/12 by the end of next week
    and moving forward from their.

Again, I appreciate the feedback being given here.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    You're never gonna keep "30 to 40" people on the bench in a non-hardcore 25man guild.
    Wow than my guild shouldn't exist 0.o

We've found that there is a lot of interest in running 25 mans and lots of transfers applying in order to get into a causal 25 man guild. What we do differently though is we sit down with all our guys and explain the realities of 25 man raiding before they join. We explain the bench and the need to rotate people. This has filtered out a few people and prevents those problems in the first place.

Second it has given us and our members a lot of freedom. We have a bench of 13 raiders now but the likelihood of all our raiders showing up is small cause we're causal. So normally on any raid day our bench consists of 5 people. So people don't have to worry about their attendance outside of not getting dkp. We're able to raid when 10 raiders don't show up, which happens.

On the rare occasion if all our guys show up (this happened to us last night), we run a 25 man and a ten man but only for farm content (ie toes). We're wanting to up our ilvl for tortos.
    Last edited by Royalite; 2013-03-19 at 04:04 PM.