Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Meh i opted to use NV for Jin Rok and it still managed to a fair chunk of effective healing. To say its all overheals is hyberbole. Managed to pull nearly 2 million heals from it. Helped preserve some healer mana for the lightning phase.

But yeah NV will never be as clutch as a HoTW Tranq

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gannonjf View Post
    I was pretty unimpressed with NV for our Jin`Rokh heroic kill this week. There is so much movement required for that fight I don't feel it's worth it to try to use NV, HoTW definitely produced better results for me. Horridon heroic feels the same way, I definitely felt like I was putting up better numbers using HoTW again over NV.
    NV on heroic is up for each pool phase so basicly moments you don't move unless you have the orb. With AMS preventing the debuff we don't have to run for the dispells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    NV on heroic is up for each pool phase so basicly moments you don't move unless you have the orb. With AMS preventing the debuff we don't have to run for the dispells.
    Our 25man only had 1 DK, so didn't have that luxury, we wiped to enrage (due to too many deaths early on) with me on 181k dps, the next pull I had terrible RNG, got focused every time I popped CDs, and ended up killing it on only 147k DPS, was still good for a nice 100th rank though..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

So basically there is no fight where NV > HoTW for this tier as far as dps is concerned? Even Jin'rokh that is as close as it gets to having uptime = to nv's cooldown it's less than a 100% modifier so HoTW > NV apparently.

I should say I used NV on Lei Shen and for one of the bouncing ball collapses I successfully used NV as a healing cooldown while aoeing them. It might not be as good as hotw tranq or even rejuving the raid if extra healing is needed during its duration (or if you don't need to use it for the raid, as a personal healing cooldown) but you are also doing damage while you heal which means in the case of lei shen that the adds are going down faster as well as heals coming to the raid. It was enough to keep us up with regular healing and no other cooldowns whereas for the other ones we were mostly using dedicated cooldowns for each (honestly tho I can't remember now if it was one of the ones where we stayed stacked up before they came out, so maybe it's not as useful as I think :P). Maybe it's not necessary now that it should be on farm but for learning it was useful.

I generally do more healing with NV over HotW throughout a whole fight but I haven't really checked how much of that is overhealing. It may not be as clutch as a HotW tranq but it can still give your healers a break should they need to use a potion or whatever. I do think this talent has it's place in contributing to healing but if your math is right then it appears from a pure dps perspective and possibly having a strong single point healing cooldown that HotW is superior in most instances. I guess I just wanted to point out a place where I found NV useful, even if for this weeks lei shen kill I plan to use HotW
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-03-22 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    So basically there is no fight where NV > HoTW for this tier as far as dps is concerned? Even Jin'rokh that is as close as it gets to having uptime = to nv's cooldown it's less than a 100% modifier so HoTW > NV apparently.

I should say I used NV on Lei Shen and for one of the bouncing ball collapses I successfully used NV as a healing cooldown while aoeing them. It might not be as good as hotw tranq or even rejuving the raid if extra healing is needed during its duration (or if you don't need to use it for the raid, as a personal healing cooldown) but you are also doing damage while you heal which means in the case of lei shen that the adds are going down faster as well as heals coming to the raid. It was enough to keep us up with regular healing and no other cooldowns whereas for the other ones we were mostly using dedicated cooldowns for each (honestly tho I can't remember now if it was one of the ones where we stayed stacked up before they came out, so maybe it's not as useful as I think :P). Maybe it's not necessary now that it should be on farm but for learning it was useful.

I generally do more healing with NV over HotW throughout a whole fight but I haven't really checked how much of that is overhealing. It may not be as clutch as a HotW tranq but it can still give your healers a break should they need to use a potion or whatever. I do think this talent has it's place in contributing to healing but if your math is right then it appears from a pure dps perspective and possibly having a strong single point healing cooldown that HotW is superior in most instances. I guess I just wanted to point out a place where I found NV useful, even if for this weeks lei shen kill I plan to use HotW
    NV seems better on Heroic Horridon 25m. Having a dps boost for every door is nice. It's also good for the end of the fight where you need the absolute maximum amount of burst.

NV is light years better on Primodius too. Essentially any fight with a damage multiplier or fights that require controlled burst favor NV.

I use both NV and FoN on ji-kun heroic as I spend 95% of my time on platforms these abilities line up nicely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    I wouldn't be so hasty with discarding NV. It has long history of being crappy on paper while WoL tends to show otherwise. The gap between HotW and NV is much smaller with HotW even being a winner on few encounters (obviously multidot ones). This means we are more free to go for the convinience of HotW, however, I would keep an eye at NV anyway since on some encounters it might act not entirely as some math models present it. For example Jin'rok logs are looking better for NV so far (at least those few of the top I have checked recently).

I got tired of swapping mine back and forth so I just stuck with Hotw

When our guild can get down the mechanics and then we worry about dps is when I would then use slippys numbers ti get the most benefit out of my dps