Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    It could have been the best expansion, easily. Unfortunately Blizzard insisted on shoveling crap like daily spam, Cross-realm nonsense, and scenarios on us. Dumbed down content and ridiculously unbalanced pvp have ruined the expansion so far.
    The valor changes (gearing slowed right down if you dont daily)
    The utter lack of 5-mans (scenarios are shit, boring, way to short yet still manage to feel protracted for no reasonable reward)
    Spreading everything out/removal of mechanics (No mass port? I'm never helping another person I cant see again. No auto FP? Hello LFG leveling)

My quote has a point..it feels like wow is moving backwards. Heading in the direction of "Time= quality/worth" with everything locked behind daily farms and rep slogging. I ceased to play due to technical problems but now with every new piece of information the game looks less and less appealing. Once the next expansion hits and things hopefully go back to a late wrath-late cata mindset I'll see whats up.

I miss HoT and no amount of time will make me accept the overly bright, tedious pandas over my roflstomp ques and "Welfare Epics"
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Those dailies nonsense make this expansion a joke
    I think It was okay when MoP came but with the new patch, it's just bs

In addition, all the gating crap and the ilvl gating crap for LFR,

Yeah right, after 6 months, I'm still gonna do a shit load of boring quest everyday to have my ilvl to see ToT in LFR ..... lol
    And raiding is becoming a joke and more overated than ever

It was good at the begening, but it's not aging very well so far, time for another expansion to come out soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    What surprised you guys? What's keeping you there? How did this expansion end up being worth it to you?
    MOP is an amazing expansion because it really targets all possible kinds of players and gives them a lot of stuff to do. The continent itself is quite amazing as well.
    Overall, after the... er... accident called Cataclysm, it feels quite good.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    The amount of QQ over "required dailies" is awesome. I have four level 85s which three of them are in 480+ gear, only one of them did I do dailies on more than once a week and I managed to get gear and find things to spend my Valor on just fine.
    Especially with the new 5.2 rep tokens. My DK hit revered with all 4 5.0 "valor" factions without doing a single daily I also brought my enchanter alt to revered with SP/AC the same way.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    MOP is an amazing expansion because it really targets all possible kinds of players and gives them a lot of stuff to do. The continent itself is quite amazing as well.
    Overall, after the... er... accident called Cataclysm, it feels quite good.
    This 100%. As a progression raider, I have not had as much fun over all, with the exception of a few heroic bosses her and there in Cata/LK. I enjoyed getting my alts insta ready for raiding in Cata but I am finding I am having more fun actually having to work them up this time around.

The daily argument is a silly one. We asked them to remove the cap in LK and Cata because we wanted to get some easy gold through those easy daily quests. And yes they are optional. there is nothing behind the rep that you cannot get in a raid, from a crafter, or from the AH/BMAH. While I will agree with the GL to revered before opening up AC and SP was a bit too much, glad they changed it, The rep gear grind is a grind that has always been in the game the only difference is they make us use valor to purchase it. I agree with this change. They do not want you hitting 90, working two weeks, less with commendations, to get your reps to revered then buy all the gear with gold and have a full raiding set. Yes it is an artificial way to slow players down, but it keeps us from maxing out in two weeks and complaining about nothing to do.

If you don't raid, you'll get bored to death by the dailies otherwise you may actually enjoy the game.

Deleted
    best expansion so far.
    Blizzard learned a lot how to do it, what people like, and what was a mistake in the past. Can't wait for next one, when they will take "too much dailies" for consideration, it will be perfect.

Deleted
    I was thinking this expansion would be awesome and ended up dissapointed, yes there's lots of content but most of it is dailies, dungeons are boring and they aren't gonna add more for the whole expac and dungeons become useless after you can enter LFR since you get valor from dailies which you have to do to spend it anyway, pet battles are cool but got bored of it after 3 months, don't care about pandas and monks, scenarios are meh...just not my expansion i guess.

Deleted
    This expansion, apart from Burning Crusade, is the best yet. Its full of stuff to do and Pandaria as a place is beautiful!

Unfortunately, you will always have whiners. In previous expansions, people cried about having "nothing to do " and sitting in places like Stormwind or Dalaran till raid starts. Now, blizzard are trying to get people out in the world, doing dailies and by other means, and yet again, you have people whining about it.

At the end of the day, Blizzard can't win.

I like it so far. Not as good as TBC but leaps and bounds over Cataclysm. I wish they would have done more with the starter factions (Hozen and Jinyu). Way too many dailies IMO. It would be nice to have rep gains by some other method. I'm happy to see the Alliance actually get some story development instead of being a punching bag for the Horde for once.

Deleted
    I haven't enjoyed the lore, the zones and shit like that, but everything else has been fine.

Throne of Thunder has been the best raid since Ulduar and overall the expansion has been my favorite. I could do without the dailies but you can't win them all.

-Only time I legitimately mind dailies is when people are around. Which is often enough unless you do them as soon as they reset or later at night.
    -PvP's kinda a CC-fest, think if everyone was an affliction warlock or mace warrior/rogue back in TBC and you'll get something like that, just burstier-feeling.
    -Can't say much for raids, though I've heard really good things so far.
    -Scenarios are pretty damn fun, wish there were more though.
    -The Story's pretty nice so far, I've little to no complaints. (Barring some shit already mentioned elsewhere on the forums ad nauseum), and despite what some say, a lot of things in Pandaria are kinda depressing in tone. Especially as they've progressed.
    -The zones are pretty amazing (Save for the Dread Wastes, bright orange mantid architecture doesn't do it for me at all.) and feel like less of a mess compared to Cata zones.
    -Reputations are kind of a slog the first time around, but once you hit revered and get a commendation it's pretty smooth sailing from then till forever.

In all it's probably one of the better expansions they've released so far and it seems pretty promising looking forward.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-03-21 at 02:25 PM.

I did not got on the "Panda's will make the expansion suck bandwagon".

I was actually one of those telling those peolpe that we already had talking wairus in the game.

I thought this expansion was going to be great, because i thought they had learned from cata and that they would give us content faster.

Then i realized that what they meant by this is making cheap, fast content and stop doing quality content like dungeons.

I realized thatwhat this meant was that they were going to kill World of Wacraft and turn it into World of Dailycraft.

MoP is already failing just as much as Cata did, and will continue to do so because Blizzard already said they wouldnt make new dungeons.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    8) Raids are mechanics based and not a dps check so if you can do the mechanics properly you will win, if you can't get out of fire you will burn....badly. So i find them more challenging than DS or FL even (especially 5.2 and killing Horridon on 10man before nerfs was brutal)
    Are you serious?

MoP has had the most stupid DPS checks in a long time, Elegon and Garalon being the two greatest examples of how to make bland figths that are nothing more than a DPS check.

The fact that most people did T14 with 2 healers in 10 man should tell you how important DPS checks are in MoP.

The very first fight on 5.2 is a DPS check (not too tight, but a DPS check anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post

Now you need an image that says "SO DON'T DO THEM! THEY AREN'T MANDATORY!" but I doubt you would post something like that because it would ruin the hyperbole bs being thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Are you serious?

MoP has had the most stupid DPS checks in a long time, Elegon and Garalon being the two greatest examples of how to make bland figths that are nothing more than a DPS check.
    Elegon a bland fight?
    Are YOU serious? It has more mechanics than most raid tier end bosses.
    /boggle
    Hard to take your opinion seriously at all.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Now you need an image that says "SO DON'T DO THEM! THEY AREN'T MANDATORY!" but I doubt you would post something like that because it would ruin the hyperbole bs being thrown around.
    Because he clearly wrote they are mandatory and it's not something you just shoved up his face so go ahead and "fix" the picture if you do desire.

Same old game, you have to do a whole lot of boring just to have a little bit of fun.

As a fan of lore, I love it.

I'll be honest, when the first panda things were added before the expansion, I was really not looking forward to it. The way the battle for theramore was fought almost completely in a book? The lame "updated" dungeons with excessive goofiness? The way the wandering isle was handled? The goofiness in the trailer?

But to my surprise, I actually found I really liked it. There still is some goofiness in Pandaria (especially the valley of the four winds), but it's toned down compared to cataclysm and actually works to develop the setting. Sure, the valley of the four winds may have cartoony giant vegetables, but there's an actual reason for that. In many ways, you can actually see it as the reverse of Cataclysm. Cata took an incredibly dark concept, a near-apocalypse, and spent most of its time goofing around. MoP took a silly concept, discovering a continent full of drunk kung-fu pandas, and turned it into a serious story. Cata took a fully developed world and stripped all identity from the people that lived in it. MoP took an area of which only a name was known and turned it into a fully developed culture. Cata spent all its time advertising its great big villain without actually having him do much in the game. MoP didn't advertise its villains at all, instead developing them in the world itself. Cata was stupid. MoP gives you the idea that the writers actually thought for more than five seconds. Cata had all the characterization shoved into tie-in novels. MoP actually shows you the characters in the game, and has them take an active part. Cata forgot all aspects of the horde and the alliance except garrosh' orcs and Varian's humans. MoP takes time to develop the races that were almost forgotten and gives the other races at least unique roles in combat. Cata took huge storylines and cut them short unceremoniously. MoP took minor plots and extended them into a full story.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

MoP is much more engaging to players who focus on one main character then the last couple expansions were - providing plenty of content to do and, so far, quicker patch releases. It's a bit frustrating and overwhelming for people who prefer to play from a stable of alts.