Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elvenarcher View Post
    i hope chen stormsnout and his annoying child die. He was useless in warcraft 3 and useless here. I curse the day samwise came up with the idea to introduce him in the bonus campaign
    destroy the blaspheme @_@

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Do I tell pandaren not to fight every species of animal and indigenous people I find on pandaria? NO. I do their dirty work FOR THEM.

So don't tell me, that pandaren, are in ANY WAY as chill as any of the other races in Azeroth.

They're hypocritical bastards and that's why I hate them
    END OF DISCUSSION.
    its amazing how you completely missed the entirety of what the pandaren ACTUALLY say. they dont tell anyone NOT to fight, they tell you to fight for THE RIGHT REASONS, the pandaren fight but not out of hate or anger.

basically kill horde all you want as long as you dont turn into a giant monster because you cant control your own emotions
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I would like MoP much more if it wasn't for the dailies. Raiding this xpack is very well done, I think. I canceled my sub just before 5.2 though; I hate elder/mogu coins. They make me feel like if I'm not out spamming dailies, I'm missing out.... and I actually like to quit doing dailies once I've reached the required rep for whatever it is I want. I wouldn't do dailies at all otherwise. Gated rep was obnoxious.

Takes a million years to cap VP, too. Clearing all current raid bosses on normal/heroic shouldn't get you just barely more than halfway to cap.

The verdict is that the xpac isn't completed yet.

Can't give a final verdict until the last raid is out but as of now I'd say MoP is firmly above Cata.

MoP keeps you busy. If you get bored, it's not because there's nothing to do. Which means the blame for your boredom isn't really on MoP, it's on you. (You've grown out of WoW/need a break from it).

PvP has a lot of issues, but I think it's a step in the right direction vs cata. PvP Power gives players meaningful decisions to make with their pvp gear. It's no long Resilience in every socket no matter what.

"Pokemon" was never something to get upset about. It's a mini-side game to do when you're bored. If you're not interested, don't do it. FWIW, I think it's fun.

Scenarios need a lot of work. Right now, I see them more as a way to farm enchanting mats and cloth then actual content.

"Tillers" was a good idea. The implementation could have been better, but it's a good way to give players an extra way to make a little gold or mats on the side.

"Dailycraft" sucks, but the bonus roll system that came with it is a nice addition to the game.

Monks are an interesting class. Brewmasters are fun as hell IMO. WW needs work. MW has been on a journey and is still in a weird place. I fully expect blizz to totally rework the spec in 6.0 because they clearly aren't happy with it.

Pandaren are pandaren. I don't find the lore interesting personally.

Challenge mode dungeons are a fun addition if you've got the right group of friends. Lack of new dungeons somewhat offsets the fun of this new feature though.

The raids are decent. Better than the Cata raids but not the best IMO.

Pandaria itself is a nice continent albeit too small. There's lots of hidden treasures out there. Rare spawn farming is a nice way to kill an evening if you've got 2-3 friends with you.

Overall, at this point, I give MoP a 7/10. Worth the money but not a "classic".

All depends what you like doing. There is a huge amount of content in MoP though. And even if you only care about raiding, the raids are pretty good (and have a buttload of bosses).

Isn't there a "try MoP for free" thing going? Give it a whirl.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Scenarios need a lot of work. Right now, I see them more as a way to farm enchanting mats and cloth then actual content.
    They're also a way to get VP without waiting for a queue if you're DPS :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I joined late late Wrath, even ICC had over stayed it's welcome. I enjoyed leveling and I enjoyed dungeons and raids. The first raid I ever stepped in was Ulduar and for me it was like omg what is this place. It looks so majestic. After that no raid was able to live up to that expectation but it doesn't have to. The raids in cata were very good, even DS had some decent boss fights (Blackhorn being my favorite). But apart from raiding cata was boring me to death and it was killing the game for me. But MOP has been pretty awesome so far. I am not a big fan of dailies. But they are there and it still something to do when you are bored. But the raids. The raids are my amazing. I loved T14 & T15 is amazing so far. ToT may not have the majestic vibe of Ulduar but the boss fights more then makes up for it. MOP has been 9.5/10 for me so far.
    & to all those people complaining about Pandas. How are they any more childish then playing a cow/goblin/midgets?

Mop made me quit. Pvp has never been so broken since I was lv.60 years ago.

The lore of this expansion sucks hard, but the gameplay is better than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    PvP has a lot of issues, but I think it's a step in the right direction vs cata. PvP Power gives players meaningful decisions to make with their pvp gear. It's no long Resilience in every socket no matter what.
    Not to pick at straws, but...it initially seemed like this, however the math puts resilience above power in every scenario except for "glass cannon" spec (and I know they are probably out there). For any player who can't avoid taking damage, which is mostly all, the reduction from resilience beats the boost from power, when compared point for point.

I'm enjoying it. The total verdict is unknown still, there is still lots of story to go. However, if they nail the story right, this could easily turn out to be the best expansion they have done so far. Now keep in mind, if they don't get 5.3 and 5.4 right, it will be behind WotLK and TBC for me, but nothing will ever be as bad as Cata.

Thats not to say that MoP doesn't have its issues, the reliance on dailies has been horrendous imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfir View Post
    Mop made me quit.
    Same

Not due to PVP, i haven't enjoyed PVP since Wrath.
    But i have only missed 1 raid tier since mid BC, and that was missed cause i was overseas for work, yet MoP made me quit completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Not to pick at straws, but...it initially seemed like this, however the math puts resilience above power in every scenario except for "glass cannon" spec (and I know they are probably out there). For any player who can't avoid taking damage, which is mostly all, the reduction from resilience beats the boost from power, when compared point for point.
    I know that's how the math works but in reality there's a lot of scenarios to play with:

RBGs: Stack resilence
    Arena, 2s, with healer partner: Stack power (if you stack resilience you will find lots of frustrating 30 minute fights in your future)
    Arena, 2s, dbl DPS: Stack Res (you can stack power if you're going with some heavy burst opener comp like dbl rogue and gamble on winning in the opening 20s)
    Arena, 3s: Variable, depends on comp and strategy.
    Arena, 5s: stack Res

Random BGs just for fun: Stack Power and try to slaughter people.

The math says you gain more survival than dmg point for point with Res vs power. But not every fight comes down to who can survive better. Sometimes you lose because you and your healer partner couldn't get the killing blow on the other team. A killing blow increases your survivability more than any amount of resilence. You can't get DPSd by a dead person (unless their leftover DoTs kill you of course).
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-03-22 at 04:28 AM.

Dailies are no longer mandatory, except for maybe like one day on isle of thunder. you get showered in lesser charms,

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    The lore of this expansion sucks hard, but the gameplay is better than ever.
    no it doesnt. the lore of bc sucked hard.

there are no major retcons in this expansion so far, there are no "wtf foar teh lulz" villains in this expansion, there is some of the best character development in this expansion, no major lore characters have been beaten with the "crazy foar teh lulz" stick this expansion.

anyone who thinks mists story isnt miles ahead of the crap in bc and the mediocre stuff in cata doesnt know anything about the lore. wrath and vanilla are debatable since they are both very good and have merits of their own.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there are no "wtf foar teh lulz" villains in this expansion
    Serious?

Ook Ook, Li Li, Hoptallus? Ooking in the dooker?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Everyone that has quit due to Daily, Rep, and other farm related reasons. Maybe you should look at games like Final Fantasy online. Compare that grinding to what WoW has.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    imbalanced pvp..

Ranged is favored over melee at any time..

Pretty much; Cataclysm all over again.
    This couldn't be more untrue. Warriors and ferals dominated the last season, and rogues and dks are dominating the current season. Pvp is imbalanced yes, but not because ranged is favored over melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    This couldn't be more untrue. Warriors and ferals dominated the last season, and rogues and dks are dominating the current season. Pvp is imbalanced yes, but not because ranged is favored over melee.
    I would agree with warriors, but ferals ? Across all brakets that spot has to go towards lol-zerg hunters.

Anyway, my final verdict has to wait until the last patch has been released. So far I'd say the original questing was stellar, the raiding became more challenging but also more dull, the story approach with 5.2 was genius, sadly they wen't away from it with 5.3 back to the shit only style of dumbass grinding all day long. I like how the legendary quest is handled, because I hated the only 1 class crap they pulled with fangs of the father and the story that goes with it. So far it has a few nice features I hope that stick and a few features that may go to hell, ..please?

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is meh. Some of the landscapes are pretty, but it all got old quick. PVP is fun if you play one of the 2-3 flavor of the month classes, other than that it's somewhat imbalanced and is mainly just a CC fest (fucking awful). The raids have been very bland without a single boss being memorable other than Elegon. I didn't mind MV but I absolutely hated Heart of Fear and ToES. I haven't tried TOT yet but I'm looking forward to it because it seems to be getting a lot of praise.

Best expansion so far, at least to me. You can really feel the amount of efforts the guys at Blizzard put in. Previous posters have touched on most of the redeeming factors of the expansion.

As far as cons go, there definitely are a few. A lot have already been remedied (at least partially) - dailies and pvp balance for example. There are still things that need to be brushed up on, on both the large and small scale, but things have been consistently improving on an already great expansion.

There's one thing I want to say though: I will never understand why people gripe so much. The since of entitlement that some people have is just mind-boggling. This game proves that you can't please everyone. In spite of that fact, this xpac shows that the devs are still trying. I respect that a lot.

If there's one thing I don't like about this expansion, it's the community. Sadly, I think that's out of the developers hands. I've never really liked the wow community THAT much, but this expansion I've heard more crying over petty things than ever before. If there's ever going to be something that kills this game, it's going to be the playerbase themselves.