Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Arms warrior is extremely easy to play. Not many buttons at all and no conditional buffs/debuffs to worry about. Just spam that Mortal strike and overpower. Sure, you need a macro to weaponswitch in order to utilize shieldwall, spellreflects etc but that is pretty much it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Garudaryu View Post
    I guess you're right, I just like the look of melee classes so much! My brother keeps telling me I should learn how to use key-binds, macro's and stop clicking. Maybe I should give it a try ones more.
    Yeah, it's a bit tough to get the hang of but once you've made the switch to keybinds you'll feel so much better. Try keybinding 5 spells at first, then 10, then 15. I think the problem most people have is that they try and keybind everything at once and then forget what stuff is bound to. Good luck!

  3. #23
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durotar
    Posts
    545
    Frost dk by far. Very simple to start out with and deals good damage once you get a basic weapon. Unholy on the other hand requires to monitor several things at once and need alot more preperation to setup your kills.

  4. #24

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit tough to get the hang of but once you've made the switch to keybinds you'll feel so much better. Try keybinding 5 spells at first, then 10, then 15. I think the problem most people have is that they try and keybind everything at once and then forget what stuff is bound to. Good luck!
    Thanks a lot! Final question, for you arms warriors out there, which 5 spells should I bind to which keys? I think I have a avarage size hands ... If that is of any influence..

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Garudaryu View Post
    Thanks a lot! Final question, for you arms warriors out there, which 5 spells should I bind to which keys? I think I have a avarage size hands ... If that is of any influence..
    Depends on your keyboard and your finger dexterity. If you have a mouse with extra buttons i highly suggest bindging stuff to them.
    Most people can reach 1-5 on the keyboard with good precision so use commonly used abilities on them like:
    1 charge
    2 mortal strike
    3 overpower
    4 shockwave
    5 collosus smash

    Then keybind situational abilities on easy to reach keys like:
    Q Pummel
    E Disarm
    R Execute
    F Berserker Rage (To break fear and stuff)
    C Spell reflect
    X Shattering Throw

    Bind the middle mouse button (The roller) to for example Heroic Leap.

    Just some examples.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Depends on your keyboard and your finger dexterity. If you have a mouse with extra buttons i highly suggest bindging stuff to them.
    Most people can reach 1-5 on the keyboard with good precision so use commonly used abilities on them like:
    1 charge
    2 mortal strike
    3 overpower
    4 shockwave
    5 collosus smash

    Then keybind situational abilities on easy to reach keys like:
    Q Pummel
    E Disarm
    R Execute
    F Berserker Rage (To break fear and stuff)
    C Spell reflect
    X Shattering Throw

    Bind the middle mouse button (The roller) to for example Heroic Leap.

    Just some examples.
    Many thanks! I will give this a try as soon as I'm home. So after 7 years I might go from clicker to button-masher .

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Garudaryu View Post
    Thanks a lot! Final question, for you arms warriors out there, which 5 spells should I bind to which keys? I think I have a avarage size hands ... If that is of any influence..
    On my warrior:

    1 - Charge
    2 - Colossus Smash
    3 - Heroic Strike
    4 - Mortal Strike
    5 - Overpower

    Although, it's really important to have pummel and hamstring bound, so it's probably best to bind these really early on after your damaging abilities. As the poster above said, you generally have CDs and utility spells on FGTVZX etc, and main spells of 1-6. My shockwave is on F, pummel on T, fear on V, etc.

    Also, I'm not sure how big your keyboard is but hitting Shift-1 etc is really handy. You can have 1 bound to charge and Shift-1 bound to hamstring. This is good because you normally always hamstring after you charge, so you don't have to move your hand much at all. If Charge was Control+G and hamstring was Alt-1 it'd be pretty annoying.

  8. #28
    Ranged are king of any form of brawl play like BGs or large scale world PvP.

    Out of all the classes, hunters are probably the easiest to play as they only have a couple of easy to use defensive cooldowns, powerful of course. In contrast, most other classes require a whole slew of abilities to stay alive, used one after another.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    On my warrior:

    1 - Charge
    2 - Colossus Smash
    3 - Heroic Strike
    4 - Mortal Strike
    5 - Overpower

    Although, it's really important to have pummel and hamstring bound, so it's probably best to bind these really early on after your damaging abilities. As the poster above said, you generally have CDs and utility spells on FGTVZX etc, and main spells of 1-6. My shockwave is on F, pummel on T, fear on V, etc.

    Also, I'm not sure how big your keyboard is but hitting Shift-1 etc is really handy. You can have 1 bound to charge and Shift-1 bound to hamstring. This is good because you normally always hamstring after you charge, so you don't have to move your hand much at all. If Charge was Control+G and hamstring was Alt-1 it'd be pretty annoying.
    Very helpfull advise, thanks again! I have 1 extra button left on my mouse, might use that one for pummel, it's a shame I broke the other extra button.. Really looking forward to try it out. And I could use the `/~ button (left from 1) for my shout.

  10. #30
    Most of your sugesstions (for melee) are Frost DK and Arms Warrior ... I think i will go for DK first, couse i like all 3 speccs, especialy Blood and Frost. And Warrior ... I don't know, looks like that Arms somehow not suit my playstille ... It is simple to play, yes, but I am just bored when i play him. Protection, on the other hand, more suits my playstille. Even Fury is more acceptable, don't know why ... However, I can always change my mind later
    Now I am also looking for a range spec for pvp. I can't decide between SP (or maybe affl or demo lock) and Hunter, or maybe a mage or Mooonkin (o ye, Moonkin!) ... While i more like SP, becouse I can also heal self and support others + I think SP has more survivability than Hunter (is it true?), Hunter again, have all 3 specs interesting, especialy Survival and BM, while priest only has 1 dps spec ...

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,794
    If you're truly looking for a simple PvP spec with decent survivability in BGs and high burst, I'd say go for Frost DK. Not only will you hit like a REAL truck, you're also able to kite fairly well with chillblains and death's advance.

    Though.. it DOES get boring after awhile. Sure, you can completely demolish anything in your path with a 1 minute cd on use trinket/engi tinker and pillar of frost (combined with the CD that resets all of your runes <3) but it does really get boring after awhile IMO. It's time for me to go Unholy ;P

    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Most of your sugesstions (for melee) are Frost DK and Arms Warrior ... I think i will go for DK first, couse i like all 3 speccs, especialy Blood and Frost. And Warrior ... I don't know, looks like that Arms somehow not suit my playstille ... It is simple to play, yes, but I am just bored when i play him. Protection, on the other hand, more suits my playstille. Even Fury is more acceptable, don't know why ... However, I can always change my mind later
    Now I am also looking for a range spec for pvp. I can't decide between SP (or maybe affl or demo lock) and Hunter, or maybe a mage or Mooonkin (o ye, Moonkin!) ... While i more like SP, becouse I can also heal self and support others + I think SP has more survivability than Hunter (is it true?), Hunter again, have all 3 specs interesting, especialy Survival and BM, while priest only has 1 dps spec ...
    I'd say go for hunter. They're really fun to play with double disengage, deterrence, explosive trap etc. They also deal fairly nice damage.
    While on the other hand spriests are very tough. They can heal, off-heal, life grip and get out of a tight spot really easily with life swap and dispersion.

    Moonkin you WILL regret. It seems all fun and stuff, but you'll be focused down a lot with no real way of surviving.

    If you're wondering whether you want to play spriest or hunter, look at their ways of dealing damage. Do you prefer (multi)dotting with direct damage, or do you prefer direct sustained damage(hunter)?
    Last edited by Ermahgerd; 2013-03-20 at 03:16 PM.

  12. #32
    Frost DK sounds about right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •