Deleted

Buddhist Perspectives

Before you post, please read this

Hello, so I'm going to start with saying that I do not wish to start a religious debate
    I do not care who is wrong and who is right, that is a matter of personal choice and is different for each and every individual.
    Now on to the matter at hand.

For school (Is there a "I-could-use-some-help-with-my-mathshomeworksubforum"?) we have 2 projectweeks, this means me and a small group of other students are to work around 1 topic for about 2 weeks and review it from different angles and perspectives.

So here is my question to the community:
    - Are you a Buddhist or do you personally know somebody who is?
    - If you are, how does it affect your daily life, are there certain things you can/have to/can't do?
    - How did you start practicing Buddhism? Trough family and friends or on your own initiative?

- If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, how is your stance on the religion?
    - If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, how much do you know about Buddhism (without checking the wiki )
    - If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, have you ever read Siddhartha? What where your toughts on it, did it change your worldview?

Please don't mention any other religions, philosophies or theories that could offend someone, as I said, I do not wish to start a debate, I would just like to know your personal experience with Buddhism
    (if you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all )

Feel free to PM me if you wan't to say something you don't want to post here

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, how is your stance on the religion?
    The only major religion I can tolerate I even admire some of the practical aspects of its believers.

If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, how much do you know about Buddhism (without checking the wiki )
    I know faitly much I believe but a bit more of its history rather than the religion itself.

If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, have you ever read Siddhartha? What where your toughts on it, did it change your worldview?
    Just picked pases of it way back in school, remember some basics but that is about it.

Oh and my sig owns
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post

Hello, so I'm going to start with saying that I do not wish to start a religious debate
    I do not care who is wrong and who is right, that is a matter of personal choice and is different for each and every individual.

For school (Is there a "I-could-use-some-help-with-my-mathshomeworksubforum"?) we have 2 projectweeks, this means me and a small group of other students are to work around 1 topic for about 2 weeks and review it from different angles and perspectives.

- If you are, how does it affect your daily life, are there certain things you can/have to/can't do?
    - How did you start practicing Buddhism? Trough family and friends or on your own initiative?

- If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, how is your stance on the religion?
    - If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, how much do you know about Buddhism (without checking the wiki )
    - If you are not a Buddhist or do not know any person who is, have you ever read Siddhartha? What where your toughts on it, did it change your worldview?

Please don't mention any other religions, philosophies or theories that could offend someone, as I said, I do not wish to start a debate, I would just like to know your personal experience with Buddhism

Not strictly, but I follow a lot of their teachings about self improvement and making your life more simple. I definitely believe in Karma lately, people that are spiteful and selfish in my life are paying for it now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post

Don't know any buddhists but they must the kindest of persons if they follow the religion strictly. I've learned about buddhism in high school and found it very interesting. I, myself was baptized at birth but never really followed a Christian way of life. The buddhist really offered me a way out of the society as it is now. I don't take all of their points like no attachment to worldly things and such but I have made it a habit of meditating at least once a week =).

PS. sorry for mentioning Christianity (a)

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but even in a case like this, religious discussion isn't allowed.

People are welcome to PM the OP with (constructive) thoughts.