Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Secrets of the Empire Drop Chance?

I know the drop chance is individual for each player so I guess I'm just really unlucky. Killed 9 bosses in ToT so far and nothing.

I have killed 11 boss in normal mode and 2 in lfr and only recieved 1 Secret of the empire, my guess is roughly a 10% drop chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the drop chance is individual for each player so I guess you're just really unlucky.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's been ~20%

If you kill the boss in normal and LFR don't you only get one chance similar to how the rep works? I thought I read that somewhere.

OT: I got 2/4 from first week, 3/12 this week.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've killed 20 bosses in 2 weeks, received 5/10 first week, 1/10 this week.

Deleted
    27 boss kills including the first wing of LFR, 3 Secrets. No luck here.

2x12/12 normal clear and 10 secrets of empire drop for me , dunno it is just lucky but bosess from 7-12 looks to have higer chance to drop it

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    2x12/12 normal clear and 10 secrets of empire drop for me , dunno it is just lucky but bosess from 7-12 looks to have higer chance to drop it
    That's very unlikely, you're just lucky.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    If you kill the boss in normal and LFR don't you only get one chance similar to how the rep works? I thought I read that somewhere.

OT: I got 2/4 from first week, 3/12 this week.
    That's correct.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

3 lfr kills so far on alt dk and 3 secrets! 7 bosses +lfr and 1 secret on main .

It's RNG, you only need 20 and the next part is gated by server progress on the Isle anyways. If you're killing bosses, you'll get the 20 eventually.

I'm curious about something else though. I know they said you can only get a Secret off a boss once per week so no double dipping between Normal/Heroic and LFR, just like with the new raid rep. But does this mean if I kill Jin'rokh on Normal mode and don't get a Secret, if I go into LFR do I have a chance at one from Jin? I'm thinking and hoping no, so I can really just skip LFR for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    It's RNG, you only need 20 and the next part is gated by server progress on the Isle anyways. If you're killing bosses, you'll get the 20 eventually.

I'm curious about something else though. I know they said you can only get a Secret off a boss once per week so no double dipping between Normal/Heroic and LFR, just like with the new raid rep. But does this mean if I kill Jin'rokh on Normal mode and don't get a Secret, if I go into LFR do I have a chance at one from Jin? I'm thinking and hoping no, so I can really just skip LFR for a good while.
    something i would like to know as well. dont wanna waste my time doing lfr if i dont have any extra chances to get secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    All about random.
    Killed 1st ID 12 - Received 7.
    Killed sofar this ID 8 - Received none.

I'll guess 20%
    47 bosses not including lfr and I have a grand total of 2. I didn't do all the LFr's so I dont know how many bosses I killed there but I never got one from LFR.

Hey guys does anyone know what the "R" in RNG stands for?

It's kind of hard to estimate the drop rate because Wowhead doesn't have a lot of information on it yet, and you have to be up to that stage in the legendary quest chain to see them (Wowhead can't filter for that) and you won't see them if you're doing NM and have already done LFR or vice versa. My guess would be 10-20%? Anyone know what the old drop rate was on Seals? It'd be roughly the same you'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over 19 boss kills, I have 9 secrets.. so that's almost 50% drop rate.
    However, as lucky as I am with that drop rate. Raid team has only got 2 thunderforged items (10M), and I have only got one coin roll to give loot after using 3 up each week. (slightly OT, but Oondasta, has given double gold to me for the past 3 weeks).

Random loot is random..

(RNG = Random Number Generated - to above)

Deleted
    According to my ARmory i killed 47 bosses in ToT on normal and LFR and it got me 12 Secrets.

Random loot is random i like that its very random

my question is if i do lfr before i do my normal/heroic raid, is it worse for my chances to get secrets since lfr has a lower chance to drop secrets? and from what some people are saying(and others are not) is that if you do lfr first(lower drop chance), when you do your normal/heroic raid, those same bosses you did on lfr no longer give you a chance to drop in your normal/heroic raid(and vice versa). is there any type of blue post or something that talks about this?

37 boss kills, 13 secrets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post

It was my understanding that you only have one CHANCE a week at one. Just like you only get reputation once a week from killing a boss, whether that be from LFR or Normal/Heroic. So if you kill Jin'rokh in Normal mode you wont get an extra chance to get it from LFR in that same week.