Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Questionnaire for Wow community management Dissertation

    Hello every body as the title says I'm looking for people who could spare 2-3 minutes to complete my questionnaire regarding the wow community management. It might seem long at first glance but it really isn't! Also some questions are particularly addressed to Italian players so if you don't fall into that category feel free to skip them, or skip whatever you don't feel like answering.

    Thanks in advance to all of those brave enough to answer my questionnaire! Hope the script works, if it doesn't I will also add a link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GSFHTSF


    Please please please help me

  2. #2
    Answered your questionnaire Just a small note, I think Q #29 needs an option for "all of the above".

    No idea what you're going to use the collected info for, but good luck nonetheless.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

  3. #3
    Filled it out. Good luck in getting whatever infos you're looking for!

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral StaeleAilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,113
    Filled out all the ones that could/did apply to me. Hope it helps whatever you're collecting it for haha.

  5. #5
    I tried, but if I'm honest it's not a well thought out survey sorry
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  6. #6
    First of all thanks to everybody who took the time to do my questionnaire.

    To Badhairday: I tried to change it already but I can only change the questions, not the type of question. Anyways thanks alot for the feedback!

    To Mooboy: I'm sorry you didn't like it... could you be more specific on what you don't like so i might act on the feedback you give me ?
    Last edited by jetpippo; 2013-03-25 at 01:29 PM. Reason: forgot something

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpippo View Post
    To Mooboy: I'm sorry you didn't like it... could you be more specific on what you don't like so i might act on the feedback you give me ?
    Sure, I'm not trying to be rude with this so don't take it personally (I know stuff like this can read harshly) it's just some of the questions are open to interpretation, and when that happens you can have people answering the same questions lots of different ways depending on their understanding of what you're asking.

    Question 6 should be Yes, No with another *if Yes multiple choice question with the different games.
    Question 9 isn't clear which forums you're on about it just says 'these' do you mean the one from question 8 or where you posted the questionnaire?
    Question 19 you're asking a 3rd party to rate someones level of satisfaction
    Question 22 has too many answers 'Was your enquiry answered satisfactorily/ was it solved?' Answered / Solved / No. It should be Yes / No with anything else you want to know in a follow up question.
    Question 25 'Would you describe Blizzard’s customer service superior to that of other MMORG’s you played?' This needs another option 'never played another MMO'
    Question 28 It just feels like your putting too many options together, they all have very different jobs CM's tell us what's going on and take our feedback to the developers, GM's work in game, they answer peoples tickets and Tech Support are there for peoples technical problems. So (for me anyway) CM's don't really belong in that list as it's not really customer service, it's communications...it could just be me being picky though
    Question 34 'Do you thing the company and by relation the managers are meeting their end of the bargain?' What is their end of the bargain?

    I know you said people can skip questions but you'll really want as many answers as possible so you can draw some conclusions, of the people who skipped the Italian questions how many play on Italian realms? or where Italian? Same could be said for people who answer the question, are they the intended audience?

    Again this isn't meant to be mean, I hope it helps and fingers crossed you get some decent replies
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  8. #8
    Well Mooboy that was really helpful, I really appreciate the feedback especially since I can see that you took the time to do it and it is really constructive.

    Anyways I'm guilty as charged, is that how you say it :/ But to my defense it was the first questionnaire I ever did ^^ and the website doesn't really allow me to modify the survey without removing it ;(

    Anyways, again, the feedback was really appreciated, and what you said will find some space in my data analysis
    Thanks again for your time!

    And you other people please take it even though it isn't the besttt!!!!!

  9. #9
    I completed your questionnaire found it a bit long but it nonetheless spiked my curiosity, being that I wrote a paper regarding world of warcraft's management.
    Are you looking at the community management just from the customer perspective or also in terms of what Blizz employees do?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolting View Post
    I completed your questionnaire found it a bit long but it nonetheless spiked my curiosity, being that I wrote a paper regarding world of warcraft's management.
    Are you looking at the community management just from the customer perspective or also in terms of what Blizz employees do?
    Hi Bolting, I'm trying to understand how Blizzard plans and implements their community management strategy as well as how gamers perceive them. Unfortunately both CM/GM's and the guys to which you write emails to have kept Blizzard tactics rather private so I'm at a standpoint in that regards.

    Actually I was rather disappointed because knowing they would tend to want to keep their strategies private my questions were rather broad and vague, and everything I asked or assumed can be implied from the internet and what they do But without primary data to support what I think they do it just can't happen

    And again Thanks for the feedback and participation )

  11. #11
    that could be quite a problem, you could skip the quantitative data and move to interviews, where even though you might not get straight answers you will at least get some kind of data you can use. I'm sorry I cant help you further but if its in the company regulations to not disclose that info there isn't much to do ;( sorry for you anyways good luckie

  12. #12

  13. #13
    I'm currently on Easter break in Italy and have my files in the Uk, I'll send them when I get back

  14. #14
    I skipped a fair few questions. My main comment regards a question about response time to a ticket submission. I've submitted several tickets, some Blizzard responded very quickly too, others took quite a long time. I know this has to do with load, (3+ days for a ticket submitted the first week of MoP vs hours for something submitted mid expansion/patch).

    Additionally, something to think about, you asked several questions about whether or not rumors of bad customer service would prevent me from buying a game. It wouldn't, but bad customer service that I personally experience, would prevent me from continuing playing a game.

  15. #15
    I've completed your survey, and did skip a few questions simply because the Italian launch was not specific to my account. But of the 47 questions, I managed to complete 39 which were applicable.

    Buona fortuna a voi e continuato successo con il vostro sondaggio.
    (translation - Best of luck to you and continued success with your survey.)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianne View Post
    I skipped a fair few questions. My main comment regards a question about response time to a ticket submission. I've submitted several tickets, some Blizzard responded very quickly too, others took quite a long time. I know this has to do with load, (3+ days for a ticket submitted the first week of MoP vs hours for something submitted mid expansion/patch).

    Additionally, something to think about, you asked several questions about whether or not rumors of bad customer service would prevent me from buying a game. It wouldn't, but bad customer service that I personally experience, would prevent me from continuing playing a game.
    Thanks Rihanne, I think you are quite right ... not sure how I could have missed that question -.-
    Will add it to my questionnaire asap!

    And thanks again to all the other brave souls who answered my questions

  17. #17
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I tried, but if I'm honest it's not a well thought out survey sorry
    Same here. Could not answer some questions because the appropriate options were not listed.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    Same here. Could not answer some questions because the appropriate options were not listed.
    Sorry man, I am aware that it has many flaws, but as said before, it was my first ever questionnaire. Regarding the answers I thought they were fair choices i'll try other an "other" answer to most questions, even though the data analysis will be quite a pain :>
    Anyways <3[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 01:34 PM ----------

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 08:53 AM ----------

    Managed to modify some of the questions that have been considered wrong ^^ Also added an "other" box in most questions if my options aren't suitable!
    Last edited by jetpippo; 2013-03-29 at 12:34 PM. Reason: ops

  19. #19
    yo man I just got back to the Uk, i'll email you soon!

  20. #20
    Filled it out, skipped the ones that didn't apply to me.
    Hope you get the info you need!

    ~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •