Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    "Steps down" is another word for "His ass was fired". They obviously were tired of his buisness decisions so the team decided to vote him out.

Hopefully the next boss isn't a greedy son of a bitch.
    Changing CEOs regularly is par for course for major companies. They bring in a new guy who slashes internal budgets and the market loves hearing about the those new profits which the cuts brings and share prices go up. Everyone's happy except those who aren't a shareholder. I hope nobody was looking forward to anything EA was developing because the one thing that's certain with Riccitiello leaving due to falling financial performance is that the new guy will go a slashing frenzy as soon as his foot is in the door.

10+ Year Old Account
    hah what do i care im downloading a free game from them id like to see them take it away!.... no i wouldnt that was a lie
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny because its true.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57...iello-resigns/

Pretty big news, hope the next one isn't as money hungry.
    EA is a publicly traded company. They exist to get you to open your wallet, not necessarily to make good games.

Unfortunatly nothing will change. Who will follow him? Casey Hudson? Lucy Bradshaw? At the end of the day EA will still be EA, just with another face smilling from news articles. And the whole DLC, Microtransaction, DRM, F2P, .... crap will continue.

I mean they use Larry Probst as temporal replacement. He was CEO when EA destroyed Bullfrog, Westwood, ...
    Last edited by Faldric; 2013-03-19 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    EA is a publicly traded company. They exist to get you to open your wallet, not necessarily to make good games.
    When will they realize the way to infinitely open our wallets is to produce good games. Rather than just take a few handfuls of gamer cash, they could produce quality material and take bags of the cash.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromboli View Post
    When will they realize the way to infinitely open our wallets is to produce good games. Rather than just take a few handfuls of gamer cash, they could produce quality material and take bags of the cash.
    Corporate greed is all about making the most money. That usually ends up being by slashing costs more than it means increasing
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Oh god, Peter Moore might take over. He is so much worse then John Riccitiello

10+ Year Old Account

Oh new guy will be money hungry.

Best we can hope is that he'll at least be less blind to his consumers than the last one. That's EA's real problem, they don't give a shit about their customers and it bites them in the ass in the long run.
    Putin khuliyo

Farewell Jon Ravioli, you will not be missed.
    Shit, I've been beaten to the punch.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2013-03-19 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Oh god, Peter Moore might take over. He is so much worse then John Riccitiello
    Don't spread ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    Don't spread ideas.
    He's the most likely candidate at this point anyways. I think the shocker would be if it ended up being someone else, because the only reason it wouldn't be him would be if he declined the job offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon Peter Moore. Soon, you will know the power of the fan side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort459 View Post
    S/he will be just as money hungry. If s/he is not, s/he will be fired and replaced with someone who is. A CEO's job is to make as much money as possible. It is the major metric upon which a CEO is evaluated.
    \

That is true but take steve jobs for example ...he was a visionary and only excepted the best from apples products ..and they have thrived because of that ...EA's vision is to pump out as much crap as possible and hope they make a little profit on a lot of games ...that is why they fail so hard .

Unless EA does something to change how they interact with the public, and change how they are currently making games, getting a new front man means nothing.

One can only hope he's leaving is due to bad financial results and poor customer satisfaction as it would mean the "Bend the customer over and fuck him in a uncomfortable place (No, not the back of a Volkswagen...)" isn't working out for them after all.

Most large corporations have pretty significant turnover rates. Are we going to have this discussion every time an executive resigns?

Oh I mean, FIGHT THE POWER! WE ARE THE 99%! EAT THE RICH!!!

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    "Steps down" is another word for "His ass was fired". They obviously were tired of his buisness decisions so the team decided to vote him out.

Hopefully the next boss isn't a greedy son of a bitch.
    Okay LOL. I didn't realise jobs in the private sector were positions for life terminable solely on the grounds of being a GREEDY CAPITALIST SWINE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Most large corporations have pretty significant turnover rates. Are we going to have this discussion every time an executive resigns?

They go well with a good mustard.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Of course most do. Just as when you don't do your job, you may get fired. EA's latest big title hasn't even managed to top what Maxis's last big game managed over four years ago. The day they announce those sales they also announce Johnny's resignation. It was his last straw I guess.

Anyone remembers when Ricitello stepped down first time?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988