Thread: I hate Megaera

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It always depends on the raiding group I would say. Not all bosses suit your raiding group while other bosse are fairly easy. In this encounter I just have the feeling that the tuning is a bit strange. Mabye it's ok for 25, but in ten man it feels kind of clunky. First 6 minutes are boring and then it hurts like hell. I would prefer a little bit more damage in the beginning and a little bit less in the end. Otherwise they could just skip the first 6 minutes.

Try progressing on heroic ambershaper if you think megaera is boring at the start

Deleted
    While I agree, at least on this one you have a bit of variety (moreso than Madness). People have done many different combinations, we personally did

Red Blue Red Blue Red Blue Red

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    While I agree, at least on this one you have a bit of variety (moreso than Madness). People have done many different combinations, we personally did

Red Blue Red Blue Red Blue Red
    How do you start with red? Oo

We did it with three healers (shaman, paladin and druid), we are a casual guild ranked about 50 on our server. We did: G R G R B R G
    We wiped a lot on this fight but it's mostly about handling raid cds, when we got does right the boss died.

Remember that other players then healers have cds and aoe-healing. A few examples that we used:
    For extra aoe healing our two dps shamans put up healing rain and our prot pally put up Light's Hammer for every rampage.

For raid CDs except the ones from healers we used prot pallys devotion aura, warriors hp-shout, shadow priests hymn and he also got tranq from symbiosis if I'm remembering things right. Both shamans used Ancestral Guidance (2 min cd so we had one on each rampage). Tranq from our bear tank, he also innervated the healer with the lowest mana.

Since the first two rampage barely hurts at all and the last two hurts a lot we chilled on cds for the first one and made sure we had three different raid cd available for the last two. For the last one we popped blood lust.

Also remember that all classes have personal damage reduction CDs, make sure they use them on every rampage if it's short CDs or that they save them for the rampage you have the biggest problem with if they have long CDs.

Deleted
    I too hate megaera, and so does our raid leader x)
    youtu.be/KcSJWQOTt5c
    We ended up killing it the next day though x)

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    lol sure, low damage with killing green all the time, poison bombs takes away like 80% of hp every 5 seconds.
    Say what? Standing in the middle of it is not adviseable, further away it's not 80% ^^. I agree though that overall damage at 5-7th head is pretty hefty for your average group, last one not being as bad as one might think since you generally BL at that point.

Deleted
    Gz on your kill. Now the next stage Durumu . ( Bird is easy )

Regarding Megaeara - we went only for green and red with 3 healers - dru, pri, pala.

The debuff from red head is deadly but its all about proper CD managment both by tanks and DPS. We left heroism for the 3 red head. The rest is just about spreading. The boss hitbox is pretty much astounding.

Deleted
    We haven't had any problem with Megaera in 25-man, doing Blue>Red>Green. However, I agree that the fight is insanely boring... I'm not one to get bored during raids, but on Megaera I had to fight the urge to tab out.

The fact many guilds are 4 healing megaera means a nerf will be incoming. Blizz has already stated in the past they dont want 10m's to need 3 tanks or 4 healers for a fight as most guilds only recruit 2 tanks and 3 healers.

Deleted
    we tried 4 healing this and it was even worst since heads lasted longer and tanks got too much beating. We went back to 3 healers then and it's better but still after 5-th head down it's hell. Dunno maybe it's a setup we have, I'm holy paladin and we have 2 resto shamans, and I bielieve they are the worst healers atm, I'm doubling their numbers on some tries.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even after the 15% hp nerf to the heads its still hard, and overtuned on 10 man for a normal boss. The fact that the head's die quicker will mean your cd's may not be ready for the rampage's the second time around.....so yeah.

Only had two healers for the fight (holy paladin/resto shaman), so we couldn't do GRGRGRG. In the end we went with BRBRGRB. It was quite interesting...

But I have to agree, first four heads are pretty much a waste of time.

3 healed week 1 (pre-nerf) and it was pretty easy going BRBRBRB. Tried mixing in greens, but it was more trouble than it was worth. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    lol sure, low damage with killing green all the time, poison bombs takes away like 80% of hp every 5 seconds.
    If you lose a lot of hp to poison bombs, you're doing it VERY wrong, the further you are from the aoe, the less damage you take, so around 100k dmg per hit is acceptable (but this is 25 man, dunno how the dmg is in 10m)

Deleted
    yes, finally beat it tonight :P but omg trash to Ji-Kun, even worst then on the bridge before Horridon

Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    The fact many guilds are 4 healing megaera means a nerf will be incoming. Blizz has already stated in the past they dont want 10m's to need 3 tanks or 4 healers for a fight as most guilds only recruit 2 tanks and 3 healers.
    *looks at hot fix patch notes*
    can I get the next loto numbers too please? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    If you lose a lot of hp to poison bombs, you're doing it VERY wrong, the further you are from the aoe, the less damage you take, so around 100k dmg per hit is acceptable (but this is 25 man, dunno how the dmg is in 10m)
    by dungeon journal poison bolt does same dmg on 25 and 10 man

hotfix 19th march 2013

Megaera

Reduced the damage dealt by Megaera's breaths and Ignite Flesh on 10-player Normal mode.
    Reduced the damage dealt by Rampage on 10-player Normal mode.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Since most 10 mans do GRGRGRG, that means that on head #6 you have 4 green heads in the fog, which means 400k raid damage in 4 seconds. It's (obviously) doable, but its extremely annoying (especially with Cinders).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    hotfix 19th march 2013

Megaera

Reduced the damage dealt by Megaera's breaths and Ignite Flesh on 10-player Normal mode.
    Reduced the damage dealt by Rampage on 10-player Normal mode.
    It's funny how they keep nerfing bosses after my guild struggled on them forever, but still killed them eventually. It's like "here's your reward, easier farming".
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.