Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Honestly the Republicans just need to give up their efforts to legislate morality and just focus on economic issues. They won't win for a while because they'll lose their current voter base, but it will be better for the country overall if we stop pandering to conservative white males.
    That is a problem though; their economic policy is severely flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    True, but the economy tends to cycle out of foolishness -eventually-. Not so with civil rights and social policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    They'd probably do better if they threw out the extreme nut-jobs.
    I think this is their biggest problem. Yeah, the policy isn't connecting, but their public image hurts them the most.

You have conspiracy theorist, anti-science wackos, religious extremists, anti government militia groups, and blatant racists, all speaking publicly for the GOP. Granted the majority of the GOP isn't like that, but enough of them are.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

True, but the economy tends to cycle out of foolishness -eventually-. Not so with civil rights and social policies.
    In particular I allude to the case of their latest nominee arguing to increase DOD spending to 4% GDP. Fiscal conservatism my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    In particular I allude to the case of their latest nominee arguing to increase DOD spending to 4% GDP. Fiscal conservatism my ass.
    Macroeconomics 101: Spending more than 2% of your GDP on defense is bad.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

And if I remember correctly we're already in the realm of mid-3%.

Cuts need to be made; no reason to have such a bloated military.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    Immigration, Gay marriage, and all that other social crap should be almost 100% ignored. Don't even talk about it. When asked - just say, "This isn't what we're focusing on" and go back to the economy. There. Now you're a 66% national majority.
    Instead of ignoring these issues, the Republicans should expel the Santorums and the Akins from the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Literalist Fiscal Conservatism.

Conservative : A person who favors maintenance of the status quo

Fiscal status quo in the USA : deficits deficits deficits for the last 50+ years.

Right, and asking a Moderate about being Fiscally Conservative is like asking a priest about sex tips.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Reince Priebus has already tried to distance himself from this report and the tea partiers have criticized it.
    ReiNCe PRieBuS is practically a walking, talking Onion article. You can't sum up the RNC's issues much more succinctly than pointing out that he's the guy they chose to be their public face.

Well, aside from the fact that they chose Sarah Palin to speak at CPAC.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if I remember correctly we're already in the realm of mid-3%.

Cuts need to be made; no reason to have such a bloated military.
    Take that 1% and invest it back in NASA and see an 8:1 dollar return

Take that 1% and invest it back in NASA and see an 8:1 dollar return
    And infrastructure.

For example, the power grid is horribly inefficient.
    We also had our I-35W bridge collapse into the Mississippi a few years ago.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-03-18 at 10:53 PM.

Hey look. I get to do the "I was right" dance. Again!

The RNC looks like it might be ready to reinvent itself as a party of true political conservatism rather than nepotism, bigotry and religious fundamentalism. Which is almost exactly what I said they'd do a few months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    And infrastructure.

For example, the power grid is horribly inefficient.
    We also had our I-35W bridge collapse into the Mississippi a few years ago.
    Hey, I'm a teacher. Give me more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i think your overestimating the legalize pot movement. vastly overestimating.
    How close was that last election? I could have sworn that it was pretty damned close. I think it is you that is greatly underestimating how big the war on the war on drugs is. Many people thought Obama was the the guy to end the war on drugs, or at least start the process. If Romney had just marijuana decriminalization as a platform he would have won. I am 99.99999999999999999% sure of that. But my number means nothing.

The war on drugs is obviously a war on Americans to anyone that looks past the propaganda. Every day I look to see new allies. Besides all that, how ridiculous are platforms already? When asking what the GOP can do to get power back the answer is in what people will turn out to vote for, or against. War on drugs will end, and the party on the side of good will be remembered. The GOP could turn into the party of lesser evil if they are the ones to stop making drug users into criminals and start taxing drug sales.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-03-18 at 10:59 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Actually the economic policy of "leave it the fuck alone" tends to work pretty damn well.

You get more volatility, true... but the business cycle is a good thing. And that doesn't hinder overall growth.

would you settle for having your union busted and being vilified in the news?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

You work 9 months out of the year. The fact that you get above-median salary is more than enough. Honestly a teacher earning $50,000/year and complaining should remember that other people have to work 260 days for their $50,000 as opposed to 180.

Logic 101: Pulling numbers directly out of your ass and stating them as if they're factual is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    would you settle for having your union busted and being vilified in the news?
    That's been my absolute most #1 favoritest thing to regularly hear on the radio ever since Chris Christie took office in NJ.