Announce Macro help

I use elvui raid frames and clique never have a "target" when healing just simply click on the unit frames..

is it possible to make a macro that will announce Ring Of Peace on the person whos name i just used that spell on w/o having them targeted?

would like to announce it in 10man and or whisper

if not are there alternatives like addons that will do that?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esevenf View Post
    not what I'm looking for at all

something I dug up from googling, not tested:

Code:
    /run local t,u="Ring of Peace","mouseover" if GetSpellCooldown(t)==0 and IsSpellInRange(t,u) then SendChatMessage("Ring of Peace on ".. UnitName(u),GetNumRaidMembers()~=0 and "RAID" or "PARTY") end
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Ring of Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    not what I'm looking for at all
    I don't understand. That is pretty much exactly what you are looking for only in addon form?

I don't understand. That is pretty much exactly what you are looking for only in addon form?
    Hi esevenf the addon you suggest is pretty cool yet to my knowledge and looking through the option it just announces what I'm using but not who I'm using it on.

specifically Ring Of peace I'd like the person, party and or raid to know who has it so they can move with it accordingly. Again problem being i dont ever target ppl when i heal i use clique and just click mouse keybinds over their unit frames.. so how to announce

Esevnf has Ring of Peace without having him as a target is my problem
    Last edited by Frostful; 2013-03-19 at 04:31 PM.

I use RSA with Clique as well and it has no problem announcing my Paladin hands, sacred shield and so forth to the raid. You don't need to have a raidmember targeted for it to work.

Granted, I didn't try it on a monk as I don't have one at the moment but I am sure it works just the same on a monk.

I use RSA with Clique as well and it has no problem announcing my Paladin hands, sacred shield and so forth to the raid. You don't need to have a raidmember targeted for it to work.

Granted, I didn't try it on a monk as I don't have one at the moment but I am sure it works just the same on a monk.
    we're speaking two different languages or my english is foreign to you. The problem is not the announcing...the problem is finding a way to announce who its on

ill keep searchin

ill keep searchin
    Did you try the macro I posted?

Quote Originally Posted by stevietv View Post
    Did you try the macro I posted?
    ya sadly doesnt work .
    Also i dont mouseover players in game.. i click on their unit frames using the clique addon

to do it ur way id have to hover over their toon in game and thats a bitch when theres a cluster in a bg etcetc
    Last edited by Frostful; 2013-03-19 at 06:53 PM.

Mouseover should also work in unit frames and grid/clique.

Try this one, i got it working with my nourish:

Code:
    /run local t,u,c="Ring of Peace","mouseover", IsInRaid() and "RAID" or "PARTY" if GetSpellCooldown(t)==0 and IsSpellInRange(t,u) then SendChatMessage("Ring of Peace on ".. UnitName(u),c) end
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Ring of Peace

we're speaking two different languages or my english is foreign to you. The problem is not the announcing...the problem is finding a way to announce who its on

ill keep searchin
    The addon is plenty capable of including the name of who the spell was used on.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer