Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Ok, here's my theory on why it got nerfed. It's twofold:

1. The repair bill issue, as stated above. Dodging pretty much all your repair bills is bad for the economy. That said, there are other ways around this particular issue, but then I have another theory as to why it got nerfed.

2. It could've become mandatory for raid progression. How much time do you think is used on wiping? Sometimes it can take quite a while to get killed depending on the boss. How many minutes per raid, hours per week do you think could be saved with the entire raid using this item? Especially during hardcore progression at the start of a patch.

Blizz probably foresaw this becoming an issue and hotfixed it before it did. Yeah, it sucks for those of us who were just using it for a bit of fun, but Blizzard needs to be aware of all the possibilities of these 'fun' items. The players will constantly find new and improved ways to break the game; Blizzard needs to be on top of the game to prevent the rest of the playerbase being negatively affected by this.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    People were using it in LFR so they could afk during boss fights...pretty annoying.
    Now they'll have to do die the old fashion way and do something stupid in raid.

I doubt it was done for this reason and if it was blizzard has even less hindsight than I originally thought.

Great so now it can collect dust in the bank along with every other vanity item that has a useless 30min cd. They know people will get pissed at them for doing stupid shit like this, yet its become industry standard to constantly nerf fun. More oil to the already slippery slope.

They could have just removed it after Throne of Thunder was fully unlocked, or made it a reaaaally low dropchance. I mean theres so many possible solutions that dont amount to "fuck it lets make it useless, promotions for everyone!".

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I wonder what it intended to do then.

Killing yourself ona 30 min timer seems useless
    And killing yourself on a 5 minute timer is more useful?

| Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

And killing yourself on a 5 minute timer is more useful?
    Apparently it is. oO

You can still dodge wipe repair costs, just not 100%. While It's sad that it's nerfed, they could have done worse than 30mins.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Wooo I have an item that allows me to circumvent a fundamental game mechanic! Awesome!

WHAT BLIZZARD NERFED IT??? WHY????

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Lame Blizzard. I'd prefer them making you take durability loss and keeping the cool down, its great for mopping up a wipe in a raid.
    Yeah I think that would've been a better solution.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    2. It could've become mandatory for raid progression. How much time do you think is used on wiping? Sometimes it can take quite a while to get killed depending on the boss. How many minutes per raid, hours per week do you think could be saved with the entire raid using this item? Especially during hardcore progression at the start of a patch.
    Eh to be honest the slowest part of wiping is convincing the damn healers to stop healing :P

If you just turn your back on the boss it's usually pretty quick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If you just turn your back on the boss it's usually pretty quick!
    Yeah.. so many ways to do hara-kiri in raidencounters. Who needs a dagger?

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

It was possible, and still is, to run through the Isle of Thunder gates as a ghost. I explored all the different areas on day 2 without the dagger by taking gear off and taunting mobs in specific areas. I managed to get to Phase 3 without any dying by taking the route through the cave at the back of the island. There's a ramp up to it so I believe they intended or expected it.

I explored it much quicker with the dagger though, and actually had a quick way of getting out of an area without mobs but closed with gates on all sides (in the middle of the upper level). There was no advantage to doing so as the rare mobs there aren't spawned when that part isn't unlocked, and from what I saw, there were no chests either (besides one that's inside one of the 'buildings', but it's NOT one of the rare chests and it's apparently part of a phase 4/5 quest and can't yet be opened). I went into the Thunder Forge before the hotfix but not being a BS, I didn't have anything to do there other than admire how pretty it is (it reminds me of smelting in Dalaran).

Literally, that's all I found a use for. I briefly considered using it to AFK through LFR Horridon -- purely because the fight is a clusterfuck of running between mobs and the boss, and it's right after the awful bridge of death. However, I opted not to do that and instead just didn't run LFR more than once (I didn't have the dagger when I did the first run). Essentially, I decided against that because it is a scumbag Steve thing to do. I just don't see what 'exploitative' measures there could be. Denying someone a HK, sure, that'd border on it, but I'd pitch that on the creative side rather than the exploitative side. Wiping quicker on progression, again, I consider that creative rather than exploitative. There's nothing else I can think of. It doesn't proc a priests spirit, and since it's an insta-kill (the same as the one the LK uses at 10%), it doesn't proc any abilities or talents. Avoiding repair bills isn't a bad thing and I certainly wouldn't call it exploitative, or even creative. I'd call it clever yet predictable, but not creative or exploitative.

I think Blizzard should provide some clarification on it.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace
    Knows: Node.js, JS, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL, Ruby

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ