Build. Suggestions/Feedback?

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=21775545

I have a SSD and a 2TB HDD already, but the rest of my Rig is about 5 years old.

I am comfortable with this price, nothing higher really, but def open to spending less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could knock 500 $ for the same performance or better, I need to know what kind of games you play and if your planning to video edit or do any heavy editing work?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one question, why?
    Personally it seems to me your spending additional money for the sake of spending money. 850w psu with no mention of intending to sli. $230 case when $100-$150 will get you a perfectly acceptable case, $210 mobo when an asrock extreme 4 would do the same thing at $130, 16gb of ram for what exactly, $62 cpu cooler when your already wasting hundreds of dollars on flare you might as well get an NH-D14.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

I play 100% of my games on my PC. I want something that can handle whatever I throw at it on max settings. I play everything from Wow to SC2 to Skyrim to Farcry 3, etc. I want them to look amazing!

I also do web design, lots of photoshop, dreamweaver, illustrator, indesign, etc. No rendering or anything like that (maya, etc). But I am open to the idea of it.

Right now I have a mid tower, but I really want a full tower.

I am building with expansion in mind, later down the road (6-9 months) I would like the ability to SLI with another card, and add another HDD (games and web site design gets big)

I really want a machine that I can expand on easily, that will stay cool under load. I dont really care about aesthetics but I desire easy upgrading. I figured that if I had a 800w psu I wouldnt have to replace when I went SLI, stuff like that.

I am totally open to suggestions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    I play 100% of my games on my PC. I want something that can handle whatever I throw at it on max settings. I play everything from Wow to SC2 to Skyrim to Farcry 3, etc. I want them to look amazing!
    I also do web design, lots of photoshop, dreamweaver, illustrator, indesign, etc. No rendering or anything like that (maya, etc). But I am open to the idea of it.
    None of these things warrant an i7, the motherboard like that, or 16gb of ram. It's kind of like saying you want a car that goes really fast on the highway, so you want to get a truck with 4WD. Because you're under the impression that 4WD goes faster on the highway.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    None of these things warrant an i7, the motherboard like that, or 16gb of ram. It's kind of like saying you want a car that goes really fast on the highway, so you want to get a truck with 4WD. Because you're under the impression that 4WD goes faster on the highway.
    I appreciate that you are trying to help, but I do not understand the analogy.

To me its like buying a Ferrari to get groceries. But sometimes I need to race somebody there. And in a year or 2 I might need to take it on the autobahn and dont want to have to buy a new ferrari, I can get it now.

Seems this is overkill though from what people are saying. Anyone have a better build?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Drop that case and get something different no reason to spend that much on a case when theres something cheaper that'll give you what you want. Also drop the i7 to a i5 3570k also just get 8gb what are you going to use 16gb for?

10+ Year Old Account
    To me its like buying a Ferrari to get groceries. But sometimes I need to race somebody there. And in a year or 2 I might need to take it on the autobahn and dont want to have to buy a new ferrari, I can get it now.

Seems this is overkill though from what people are saying. Anyone have a better build?
    It's not that it's future proofing, or even 'overkill'

It's literally more expensive stuff that is designed to do something DIFFERENT than what you do. Not more. The i7 isn't 'faster' or 'better' than the i5. It simply has features that some things (specifically, not games, or normal computer use) benefits from. Hence the 4WD comment. If you don't go offroading, 4WD doesn't help you, no matter what your situation is.

Unless you plan on racing a guy to the grocery store, get your groceries, and leave, without exiting the vehicle. >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Unless you plan on racing a guy to the grocery store, get your groceries, and leave, without exiting the vehicle. >.>
    Yes. Now we are on the same page!