Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nourish worth casting?

Hey all!

So with the new 10% healing buff do you think Nourish is worth casting as a filler spell? Personally I haven't been using it but i might start using it again for low dmg phases. Would that be a waste of time?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a jerk, but didnt you answer your own question? If its a low damage phase it shouldnt matter what you use as a filler. You shouldnt be thinking about healing in terms of what is best all the time, but whats best for the situation. If you can keep someone up with hots and a nourish then do it. Its very cost effective. Nothing is a waste of time as long as people arent dying
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Yea like threads about retards in LFG imply all WoW players are retards

I mean if you are fat then you are fat, this thread won't make you more offended than the mirror.

waste of mana.

either they're not taking much damage, and hots is enough. of they're talking a lot of damage and you're better off with glyphed regrowth.

Deleted
    ive not used nourish since.. like never

ill always use a rejuv or crit regrowrth

Nourish is good for pre-pull getting Harmony up, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatch View Post
    If you can keep someone up with hots and a nourish then do it. Its very cost effective.
    No, actually that's exactly the problem: Nourish is not cost effective. And there is no niche where to use it well (except for refreshing Harmony in long no-dmg phases, but that doesn't happen in current content).

If someone is at 80% and won't get more damage soon - don't top him off with Nourish, just leave it for the next WG.
    If someone is at 80% and will get more damage soon, use Rejuv. For more damage, use SM or even Regrowth.
    Nourish is never the right choice.

Thanks for the clearification guys!

Deleted
    Is it really that worthless? I just came back to WoW, the last time I played was during Dragon Soul, so I find myself still using it a lot (though in 5 man normal dungeons =D)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninelol View Post
    Is it really that worthless? I just came back to WoW, the last time I played was during Dragon Soul, so I find myself still using it a lot (though in 5 man normal dungeons =D)
    read the tooltip and put 2 and 2 together

it sucks

Deleted
    I don't want to argue or anything, but judging from a tooltip, it doesn't. On my level with basically T13 gear, it costs 3k mana and heals for 16k (19k with Rejuvenation on target), while HT costs 9k and heals for 45k. So basically, in terms of mana, it's the same thing. Regrowth costs 9k aswell, heals for same amount, though it has +60% crit chance and leaves a HoT. In terms of usage, I use it to refresh Harmony and / or to top off people before an incoming damage.

It might be gear, it might be a level, or maybe I am a dickhead, I do not know.

//edit: all right, so after all, it seems like the 3rd option is a correct one - I am a moron.
    Last edited by mmoc89529d2f87; 2013-03-19 at 11:46 AM.

In 5 mans, Nourish is perfectly fine to cast on the tank, as it's usually enough to heal the incoming damage w/ lifebloom. For the other players it's a different story, as you need to have a hot on the guy you want to heal with Nourish.
    But honestly, I don't really remember how I used to heal 5 mans at the start of the expansion, it's so much different now. We usually do them without a healer since there is nothing to heal anyway.
    For Challenge Modes, I usually fall back into raid healing style and don't touch Nourish.

Deleted
    I used it extensively last expansion, but having just returned to Druid after a long period of burnout, it feels substantially weaker. With 2pc T14, Rejuv feels like a considerably better option for free globals. The initial heal + first tick of my Rejuv heal for the same as a non-crit Nourish in a comparable timeframe, and for only a little more mana.

Our direct healing toolkit seems pretty wonky right now, to say the least.

No point in using nourish. Cast time is too long.
    Use rejuvenation, if it overheals, it s good for your mushrooms.

Deleted
    I usually use nourish a lot on bosses with high tank damage and low raid-damage like Ji'kun, Durumu and Primordius to some extent.

Just keep 3 lifeblooms, rejuv and spam nourish on the tank. Usually keeps them topped off very-well and doesn't drain your mana at all.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In 10 man, I'd use Nourish as a filler for constant tank healing assuming the raid doesn't need any love. I wouldn't waste Nourish on a raid member though. 25 man you'd likely never use it. With the changes to mushroom it made Nourish that much worse.

Since MoP, there is no real use for nourish; pretty much ever. Too slow, too weak, not high enough HPM to be worth the time invested.
    Its cheaper and faster to refresh LB stacks with LB.
    You are better off not casting for a sec, and then using Rejuv/Regrowth/Drop Shroom, etc as appropriate. Lets you be more mobile as well since you aren't wasting time on a long cast.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-03-19 at 05:09 PM.

In two man fighting rares, I found nourish just drained my mana. But too smooth out the spiles my dps tank was taking I felt like I needed to in order to even out the possible spikes.

If noursh = mana nuetral cast than it would be worth it but I run low spirit and that isn't happening so no nourish for me.

I used it a lot in Cata. It didn't cost anything to cast and helped a lot in maintaining a high uptime on harmony but with the longer harmony no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    I usually use nourish a lot on bosses with high tank damage and low raid-damage like Ji'kun, Durumu and Primordius to some extent.

Just keep 3 lifeblooms, rejuv and spam nourish on the tank. Usually keeps them topped off very-well and doesn't drain your mana at all.
    ^ I do this as well.. I guess i've been doing it wrong? =/

Made by Visenna, TY<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post

LB and rejuv is normally enuff to keep a tank goin... and if he drops below say 60% a swiftmend is normally enuff to put him bk up again.

Even on durumu id still use a regrowth, as the longer u take to heal the tank to full, the more dmg the debuff is goin to do.. a regrowth for me is 120k with a 35k seed at 17.8k mana vs 37k 6.1k mana...

if u divide regrowth numbers by 3, ud still have 40k + 11k seed at 5.9k mana which just shows its way better than nourish.

so it mainly depends on if the regrowth is goin to overheal or not.. obviously using regrowth to heal 20k dmg is a waste, but then again who the hell does that?

Deleted
    if nourish isnt mana neutral for you im sorry but you should probably get more spirit. its a useless spell for healing anyone in the raid other than the tank, if you have 3 lb on the tank a nourish will give a nice low-mid heal for no mana cost that both refreshes lb and harmony this is what it should be used for and nothing else. feel free to rage and tell me im wrong its just my opinion after all