Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The term ''waste of mana'' has already been thrown around in this thread. I wouldn't say it's a waste of mana. To play competitively you should always be casting something (while playing smart with mana of course) You should always always always be doing something instead of standing still, even if it means casting nourish on the tank which refreshes lifebloom stacks and has a chance to even trigger a seed.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchyfeely View Post
    ^ I do this as well.. I guess i've been doing it wrong? =/
    yep. unbind nourish (healing touch too while you're at it), and watch your mana efficiency AND hps improve.

  3. #23
    25 man perspective

    I came here to say nourish is not a waste, and is occasionally worth using (that's why we have the spell, after all). Obviously during heavy damage periods, you should be making use of your time with other things, but I find myself instinctively using it during lulls to refresh both lifebloom and harmony (or before the fight begins). This is rare, and may only be a couple times during a boss fight - but nevertheless worth having bound. You should have enough spirit for it to be mana neutral (especially in 25s).

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by aginorr View Post
    nourish will give a nice low-mid heal for no mana cost
    This is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin. I strongly advise you to get this whole "mana neutral" concept out of your mind, your playstyle will definitely improve.

    Just a quick reminder: Nourish heals LESS health per mana spent than Regrowth. When you cast three Nourishes in a row, you would get more heal for less mana using one Regrowth (roughly).

    So the problem is that Nourish is actually pretty expensive, and anyone saying it has "no mana cost" has totally lost perspective.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    This is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin. I strongly advise you to get this whole "mana neutral" concept out of your mind, your playstyle will definitely improve.

    Just a quick reminder: Nourish heals LESS health per mana spent than Regrowth. When you cast three Nourishes in a row, you would get more heal for less mana using one Regrowth (roughly).

    So the problem is that Nourish is actually pretty expensive, and anyone saying it has "no mana cost" has totally lost perspective.
    maybe you should read the whole of my post instead of pulling half a sentence and attempting to rip it apart. i specifically said that nourish should only ever be used on a tank to refresh lifebloom and harmony when you have nothing else to cast (it doesnt happen often in a fight but it DOES happen where you literally have nothing to cast), also if you have an adequate amount of spirit you will regen the amount of mana it cost to cast nourish instantly.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by aginorr View Post
    maybe you should read the whole of my post instead of pulling half a sentence and attempting to rip it apart. i specifically said that nourish should only ever be used on a tank to refresh lifebloom and harmony when you have nothing else to cast (it doesnt happen often in a fight but it DOES happen where you literally have nothing to cast), also if you have an adequate amount of spirit you will regen the amount of mana it cost to cast nourish instantly.
    Except that he is right. Just everything he said is the answer to what you just wrote. With this model there is no "mana neutral" anymore, when you cast nourish god kills a kitty.

    You have a fixed amount of mana 300k+replenish+potion+CD's per fight. If you cast lets say 4 nourish in a fight, no matter what fight, you aren't casting 3 rejuvs that same fight because of mana, why would you do that? You hate kittys is the only valid answer. Your casting selection should be something: close to capping CD WG and SM, X number of LB to keep it rolling and my filler Y number of rejuvs + Z number of RG trying to use SM and RG so you never need to cast NS to get your mastery going, but if necessary well, can't be avoided, you can curse all your gods because you had to cast NS, but most of the time was bad playing.

    No matter how many spirit you stack (which is wrong btw) 3 rejuvs > 4 nourish, why would I want to cast, if you get more spirit, use it in more rejuv if you can't find a place where to rejuv, help with dmg to wait and then rejuv, but at some point, you want to get more healing from your rejuvs.

    TD;LR 3 rejuvs > 4 nourish
    Last edited by thigan; 2013-03-20 at 06:41 PM. Reason: duh

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    ive not used nourish since.. like never

    ill always use a rejuv or crit regrowrth
    Hehe. Frost blast on Kel'Thuzad. Last time I cast nourish.

    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    No matter how many spirit you stack (which is wrong btw) 3 rejuvs > 4 nourish, why would I want to cast, if you get more spirit, use it in more rejuv if you can't find a place where to rejuv, help with dmg to wait and then rejuv, but at some point, you want to get more healing from your rejuvs.

    TD;LR 3 rejuvs > 4 nourish
    Agreed. The fill spell of choice, assuming you aren't mana strapped, is wrath.

  8. #28
    No reason not to Nourish a lightly damaged target whose LB is about to expire, when you have nothing better to do. I Nourish maybe once a minute or so, when this situation arises. In combat, it shouldn't be used for Harmony purposes, as Swiftmend is so efficient and strong.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuror View Post
    No reason not to Nourish a lightly damaged target whose LB is about to expire, when you have nothing better to do. I Nourish maybe once a minute or so, when this situation arises. In combat, it shouldn't be used for Harmony purposes, as Swiftmend is so efficient and strong.
    You can use LB to refresh LB. Nourish is too slow that the damage might have been healed by others(atonement/ holy shock/totem) before you finish the cast.

    If you use nourish to heal it's a waste of mana, as there are more efficient healing spells out there.
    If you use nourish to refresh LB it's a waste of mana, as you can use LB to refresh at half of the mana cost and you don't need to stand still.

    Even though the amount of mana "wasted" is small so it's not a big deal, they are still not "worth" casting in these cases.

    I use Nourish only to refresh Harmony. You should not use swiftmend if the sole purpose is to refresh harmony.
    If there is nothing to heal why waste a SM?

    Nourish is slow and not very efficient. I won't complain even if they remove the healing from nourish.
    I would call it a buff if they remove the healing as well as the mana cost from nourish.

  10. #30
    before they buffed shrooms, you could use 1 shroom to refresh harmony. you still can i guess, but they're somewhat useful now, so you probably shouldn't.

    i still haven't put nourish 'back on my bars' so to speak.

  11. #31
    High Overlord Raysere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    168
    In the end of the day, I don't think it matters much. You can use Nourish in certain, specific situations or you can not use it at all. Neither option is going to have much of an effect on your capability as a healer, so just make up your own mind.

  12. #32
    Are people forgetting that nourish heals for 20% more when it hits someone with a hot on them? That said, its main use is to keep harmony up when swiftmending for harmony would be less than ideal. You can do things with glyphed nourish in moderate damage phases in 25m if using on people with hots on them to be slightly more mana efficient, but in 10m the only time you will ever have 3 rejuvs up (outside of powering shrooms) is when you need the high heal per cast that nourish doesn't have.

  13. #33
    Maybe dump question as never tried to do it - is it possible to keep up LB ticks on more targets after incarnation form fades? For that reason could be used Nourish ...

    P.s. Im using nourish to get harmony up - mostly and when I run out of mana.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag421 View Post
    Are people forgetting that nourish heals for 20% more when it hits someone with a hot on them? That said, its main use is to keep harmony up when swiftmending for harmony would be less than ideal. You can do things with glyphed nourish in moderate damage phases in 25m if using on people with hots on them to be slightly more mana efficient, but in 10m the only time you will ever have 3 rejuvs up (outside of powering shrooms) is when you need the high heal per cast that nourish doesn't have.
    Technically it's like nourish heals less if the target does not with your hot.
    With ~20000 spell power a nourish heal for 27000, with hot on targets it heal for 33000. And that's with mastery bonus.

    with the same spell power holy light heal for 34000. It also provides a 30% shield...

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    No, actually that's exactly the problem: Nourish is not cost effective. And there is no niche where to use it well (except for refreshing Harmony in long no-dmg phases, but that doesn't happen in current content).

    If someone is at 80% and won't get more damage soon - don't top him off with Nourish, just leave it for the next WG.
    If someone is at 80% and will get more damage soon, use Rejuv. For more damage, use SM or even Regrowth.
    Nourish is never the right choice.
    This is essentially correct. Especially so with the recent Rejuvenation mana nerfs in 5.2. Rejuv now costs barely more mana than nourish (with T14 2P) and is way better. Almost always Rejuv over Nourish. Only ever nourish if you are refreshing Harmony and there is no damage or Omen of Clarity proc's.

  16. #36
    I would say no, infact I was redoing my action bars yesterday. While going through my spell book I relaized I didn't even have nourish bound. :-/

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    Technically it's like nourish heals less if the target does not with your hot.
    With ~20000 spell power a nourish heal for 27000, with hot on targets it heal for 33000. And that's with mastery bonus.

    with the same spell power holy light heal for 34000. It also provides a 30% shield...
    Also copies 100% of healing to their beacon target which makes it even better.

  18. #38
    It is nice to see you all are counting with numbers. The only one true is - that Nourish is good enough only to reset harmony proc because of low mana cost.

    That´s all for what is Nourish good.

  19. #39
    The only way I can see myself using nourish is if it cost 0 mana. If I have spare time I'd rather cast nothing and gain mana than cast nourish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •