Thread: Vp Cloak

Vp Cloak

How does the VP cloak compare to the 502 MSV cloak, would the extra 150str make up for the crit loss?

Sim your char, check the stat weighs and compare. There are much better items you should spend your valor on first though, like bracers, ring, trinket, and possibly gloves/legs if you don't have the corresponding tier pieces. The belt is also good since the only other belt with crit on it is from oondasta (unkillable on my realm due to low pop) and a random trash drop. Belt won't be available for a few weeks but keep it in mind when deciding how much to spend.

522 > 502, and STR > CRIT

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    522 > 502, and STR > CRIT
    This isn't accurate, cuz you could say 509 > 502 and STR > CRIT and you'd go for the cloak from HoF over Peacock Feathers.

You lose 515 crit and 421 expertise compared to gaining 621 Haste and 508 Mastery and 148 Strength. If you are SMF Fury, Strength is slightly more valuable than Crit. TG Fury, Crit is slightly more valuable than Strength, if I recall. As Arms, Crit is slightly better than half as good as Strength (3:1.59). Another thing is Haste and Mastery are close in value, and half as effective as Crit for Fury, and only about 1.25 or so in comparison to Strength for Arms. Assuming you reforge the Haste to Crit, that's 248 Crit + 148 Strength, for just under 400 prime stat-age for Fury. The question then comes to whether the 373 Haste and 508 Mastery is worth the gain over 421 Expertise. More often than not, yes, it's worth it.

So, yes it is worth it, unless it is impossible for you to hit Expertise cap without the cloak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    Sim your char, check the stat weighs and compare. There are much better items you should spend your valor on first though, like bracers, ring, trinket, and possibly gloves/legs if you don't have the corresponding tier pieces. The belt is also good since the only other belt with crit on it is from oondasta (unkillable on my realm due to low pop) and a random trash drop. Belt won't be available for a few weeks but keep it in mind when deciding how much to spend.
    I dont agree with the shado-pan trinket. Its horrible i tested it alot vs trinket that adds 847 str and 3,7k crit chance increase on hit.The new trinket lost in every possible way :]
    Orso I wanted to ask about the cape since its my weakest eq atm. I use the heroic i463 one with haste and hit.The best way would be the replacement from shadopan assault honored?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatzi View Post
    I dont agree with the shado-pan trinket. Its horrible i tested it alot vs trinket that adds 847 str and 3,7k crit chance increase on hit.The new trinket lost in every possible way :]
    Orso I wanted to ask about the cape since its my weakest eq atm. I use the heroic i463 one with haste and hit.The best way would be the replacement from shadopan assault honored?
    Nice logs and other data you have there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Nice logs and other data you have there.
    I tested it on dummy to 15milions damage ( so it could pop 2 times the extra str bonus, and did special reforges for it ). It lost 6:0 with 2-3,5k dps difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    This isn't accurate, cuz you could say 509 > 502 and STR > CRIT.....
    But those aren't the cloaks we were asked to compare.

The new shadopan trinket is wonderfull ! It ALWAYS proc during your opener burst giving you 8800 more str. This is fuking good !!!
    Based on icd (75s) and the chance to proc (15% on abilities&swings) the average str value of the proc is around 1693str.

The buff is insane. But ... it doesn't really lined with our cd.

If you wana replace 2/2 xuen relic, the shadopan will give you around 1500dps increase even if you became overcap exp.
    But true the, gaze of the twins trinket is better if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    But those aren't the cloaks we were asked to compare.
    My point was you just stated higher ilvl > lower ilvl and STR > CRIT (which isn't always accurate for warriors). Using your logic, you could of applied it to the 509 cloak,is all I'm saying.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    The new shadopan trinket is wonderfull ! It ALWAYS proc during your opener burst giving you 8800 more str. This is fuking good !!!
    Based on icd (75s) and the chance to proc (15% on abilities&swings) the average str value of the proc is around 1693str.

The buff is insane. But ... it doesn't really lined with our cd.

If you wana replace 2/2 xuen relic, the shadopan will give you around 1500dps increase even if you became overcap exp.
    But true the, gaze of the twins trinket is better if you have it.
    The ShadoPan Assault trinket lines up with H:Lei Shen trinket if you have it and had ~20% uptime the first week of Throne of Thunder, which is pretty good, was beating out all most normal mode trinkets from ToT (before the rppm trinkets got buffed). It's not bad, and pretty sure it's better than 5.0/5.1 trinkets as long as you don't go too far over the expertise cap with it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:53 PM ----------

No offense intended to you, but logs of Landsoul after he got it has it pretty strong, easily out doing any 5.0/5.1 trinkets and normal mode rppm trinkets, and the BiS from 5.0 was Lei Shen:H and Relic, which means it's better than the rare Carbonic Carbuncle.

Deleted
    The ShadoPan Assault trinket lines up with H:Lei Shen trinket if you have it and had ~20% uptime the first week of Throne of Thunder, which is pretty good, was beating out all most normal mode trinkets from ToT (before the rppm trinkets got buffed). It's not bad, and pretty sure it's better than 5.0/5.1 trinkets as long as you don't go too far over the expertise cap with it.[COLOR="red"]
    How does a 75 sec icd trinket line up with a 45 sec icd trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    How does a 75 sec icd trinket line up with a 45 sec icd trinket?
    Roughly every other time they stack. At least from when Landsoul was using them during first week of normals.

They can theoretically line up every 225 seconds, which doesn't usually stack with 3minute cooldowns, except certain bosses like Lei Shen, due to the intermissions.

Deleted
    Roughly every other time they stack. At least from when Landsoul was using them during first week of normals.
    First warrior I found using both, normal run through ToT (so first two rows are from Jin'Rokh etc, they got a new trinket half way through so stopped):

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    First warrior I found using both, normal run through ToT (so first two rows are from Jin'Rokh etc, they got a new trinket half way through so stopped):

On Mageara, LS had something similar to the third and first set combined. It might be a bit biased since we stacked and stopped dps as soon as the head was dead, regardless of if it's still attacking, giving a small gap which allows them to overlap better. That was the only logs I was really looking at, so I'm probably wrong due to only a specific set of logs.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:41 PM ----------

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tlypz...?s=3452&e=3863 is a link to a log similar to how LS had it.
    I guess for my purposes, if you only get 6 procs of the valor trinket by the end of the fight, it's amazing more often than not, since 4/6 (66%) of the Surge procs overlap with an Unwavering proc. Any more or less, and it's not worth it.
    Last edited by Recke; 2013-03-19 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong, and that kind of testing is terrible.