Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Hopefully this means the Alliance finally gets to curbstomp the Horde into a bloody pulp and the survivors beg for mercy, leading to them and the Alliance victors storming Orgrimmar. After the pro-Horde wankfest that was Cataclysm this is a most welcome change to see the Horde firmly planted in villain territory and getting the punishment they deserve for it.

hey, even the horde thought the story was lame :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think "pushing the Horde apart" means that they will seek out certain members of the Horde, Baine and Vol'jin most likely, maybe some orcs, to make an Alliance against Garrosh. Maybe someone from each Horde race to show that there is now a clear line between Garrosh's supporters and the players, so that it makes sense for the Horde players to participate in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

this is what i see happening, maybe Varian will get tauren/trolls to actually turn on Garrosh and start a war within the horde.

anyway, i think the dailies are going to be very interesting, especially from alliances POV.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Could you link or paraphrase those? I didn't know they existed.
    Bilgerwater Cartel Contract
    "The contractee (herein after referred to as "you") agrees to execute any and all orders dispatched by the Warchief or his officers. These orders are to be followed to the letter with the following caveats: No interruption of profit to and for the Trade Prince Gallywix, herein after referred to as "me".
    Any orders issued from me or my officers are to take priority over any other Horde command. Failure to comply will result in lawsuit and non-payment. By reading this you agree that your life is collateral for this contractual arrangement and all properties there within.
    Additional exceptions include Horde orders that may result in the collapse of Horde financial infrastructure. Do not let the Horde bankrupt itself in this war! I have salvage rights on all Alliance war machines and I intend to collect. Any actions that lead to the bankrupting of Garrosh and his forces (even if he gives the order himself, which he probably will) shall result in immediate transfer of the Warchief's debt to you and anyone you've ever met that might help cover that debt.
    The ink of this parchment acts as a legal binding agent and you are now subject to all laws and... Well let's face it. You back out of this I'll have my bruisers on you faster than a Blood Elf on a corrupted power source."

Command: Goblins
    "Gallywix was too lenient in his contract. Watch his goblins like a worg. Use them but know that they are probably receiving orders from the Trade Prince in some fashion. I must know what his end game is. Find this for me. For the horde!"

Battelog of Warlord Bloodhilt
    "Goblins and elves. These creatures are the very embodiment of selfish pride and narcissism. Not an hour passes I do not question Garrosh's acceptance of their aid in this assault.
    True, the spell breakers have been invaluable to our defense strategems. And Gallywix's forces have proven an amazing counter to the gnomish inventions being thrown at our walls daily. But I do not trust them. And though they live and die for the Horde, they have given me little reason to trust them.
    I caught one of the elves deciphering a mogu artifact the other day. Was his information shared with me? No. Though I am sure Lor'themar has a full account of these ancient writings. The mogu did not leave behind pots and pans, they left behind weapons and ancient power.
    And the goblins! Every time I turn around I catch one or two trying to build a new type of bomb. How we have not exploded yet is a mystery to me. Gallywix keeps providing us with new recipes for chemicals that will help in the war but I know he is learning more than he is letting on.
    I will not suffer subversion in my ranks. If these activities continue I may have to start "dismissing" a few key culprits."

Considering the Goblins are mentioned as much at the Blood elves fill me with hope that they will still have a part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    this is what i see happening, maybe Varian will get tauren/trolls to actually turn on Garrosh and start a war within the horde.
    If he get's them to it won't be done directly such as contacting them.

The Horde is having a serious identity crises, but despite how hamfisted Garrosh is, it is seriously shaping up to be one of the most interesting storylines in Warcraft in a very, very long time, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyway, i think the dailies are going to be very interesting, especially from alliances POV.
    What will interest me is how they pull off the phasing. I've got no doubt ganking on PvP servers will go up simply because higher levelled people are encourage to run around zones that are typically populated by lower levels and even if it doesn't apply to the zone where the stuff happens due to phasing, the surrounding zones will have it.

Gotta admit it sure is cool to be horde at this moment

We have a huge civil war brewing filled with intrigue, betrayal and drama i love it and i cant wait for 5.3

TBH the only alliance part i can see in this is them talking to the tauren and fermenting discord cause i cant see them going to help the trolls, The belfs was gonna join them but i think that ship has sailed, The goblins dont give a shit as long as they get paid and the alliance hate the forsaken more than the orcs

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    "Varian will bring the Alliance together and push the Horde apart."
    I'm reading this as Garrosh doing more damage to the Horde then Varian. I think that whatever Garrosh's turning point is will happen early next patch, with the dailies having us (Horde) on more common ground with the Alliance by the end of the patch.

Should we be expecting the "Trials of the High King" in the next patch or has that already happened?
    On a side note, it will be interesting to see which factions have a part from the Alliance side. Ironforge and Gilneas have been pretty quiet since 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Gotta admit it sure is cool to be horde at this moment

We have a huge civil war brewing filled with intrigue, betrayal and drama i love it and i cant wait for 5.3

TBH the only alliance part i can see in this is them talking to the tauren and fermenting discord cause i cant see them going to help the trolls, The belfs was gonna join them but i think that ship has sailed, The goblins dont give a shit as long as they get paid and the alliance hate the forsaken more than the orcs
    You can't really spin this into the Alliance having a small part. The Horde is basically falling apart and the Alliance have dominated them this entire expansion. It's like how the Horde tried to spin the Sunwell patch into being "all about the Horde" when the Blood Elves were royally screwed without the Draenei rescuing them. The Horde in the next two patches are, figuratively, the damsel in distress. The Alliance the are heroes front and center here.
    Last edited by Sigmar; 2013-03-19 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might just be a slip of the tongue. Every time anyone's talked about 5.3 so far, they've all said that Varian would bring the Alliance together, and Garrosh would tear the Horde apart. Not the former doing both.

But eh, I was really hoping for a racial storyline at some point leading up to the rebellion, to seed the action (or inaction) that your race will take against Garrosh. Forsaken players would help their queen to kick the Kor'kron out of the Undercity, blood elves would uncover the identity of their Garrosh supporters (Aethas or otherwise) with the help of Rommath's magic, trolls would fortify the Darkspear Isles with Thrall and Rexxar while Vol'jin is still MIA, night elves would make some gains in Ashenvale with Tyrande and secure a good point of entry into Orgrimmar, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    This perhaps links in with the best part of the Horde story in MoP - the ending just isn't known.
    Who will be Warchief? How does Thrall fit in? What state will the Horde and Orcs be in?

While I'm enjoying the Alliance more (which is good for me) the ending for us is a little clearer. We know the Alliance will be united and we also know that the Alliance "win" (for lack of a better word).

I think the Horde being pushed apart is more to do with the Factions that arent Orcs really.

Vol'jins basically turned, Sylvanas hates Garrosh, Lorthemar obviously wants out, and Baine has started to see the light, so to speak.

However, Varians unity of the Alliance, could prove the catalyst for the Horde splintering, and thus making Garrosh weaker so he can be taken down.

Basically, its a smart move by the rest of the Horde... get out of the way before the war starts, keeping communications between eachother, and reforming when the wars ended.

I for one, wouldn't be surprised if in the Horde and Alliance versions of the Seige that Varian is one of the main characters who "ends" Garrosh, only for the other Horde factions to show up and make him retreat out of the City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It might just be a slip of the tongue.
    Which is what has me worried . A lot of guess work over one quote from a guy who doesn't have as much to do with the story as Kosak or Metzen.

You can't really spin this into the Alliance having a small part. The Horde is basically falling apart and the Alliance have dominated them this entire expansion. It's like how the Horde tried to spin the Sunwell patch into being "all about the Horde" when the Blood Elves were royally screwed without the Draenei rescuing them. The Horde in the next two patches are, figuratively, the damsel in distress. The Alliance the are heroes front and center here.
    and who in the horde is gonna ask the alliance for help?

The only one would be baine who is friends with anduin and maybe jaina could contact thrall again

Bottom line is the alliance is not gonna be front and centre in this they are gonna do there best to ferment discord in the background and thats about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    I for one, wouldn't be surprised if in the Horde and Alliance versions of the Seige that Varian is one of the main characters who "ends" Garrosh, only for the other Horde factions to show up and make him retreat out of the City.
    The problem is that there can't really be a canon kill in that sense, it will just be down to adventurers killing him nothing more and nothing less. Both factions player bases want to kill him so it would be a kick in the teeth for one side to get the canon kill and the other to not do so.

As much as I want to Varian be the guy who ends Garrosh, I just don't think Blizzard will make such a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

As much as I want to Varian be the guy who ends Garrosh, I just don't think Blizzard will make such a move.
    I would bet my house its gonna be thrall who ends garrosh though i dont doubt varian will be around but just like sylvanas wasnt there for arthas death neither will varian will be for garroshes

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    5.3's Horde story is likely going to involve Orcs and Tauren to a main degree. Likely touch on Goblins and maybe even Forsaken.

Basically, the Blood Elves and Trolls are ready for the rebellion, but the rest of the Horde is still 'loyal'. (I use that word as the other races haven't been given an ultimate reason to leave the Horde and turn on Garrosh.)

Baine promised Garrosh that should another Theramore happen, he would no longer have the support of the Tauren. Despite that, he's still loyal to the Horde, as he is involved in Pandaria. Something will have to happen to push him out entirely (maybe learning of Vol'jin's attempted assassination?). I think Baine will be extremely angry with the rumors, but Garrosh will try to twist something, blaming Vol'jin for the event. Likely, something else will happen with Baine involved.

The Orcs also need a reason. Hellscream is the ultimate champion for the Orcs (except the odd few who have the same ideals as Drek'Thar/Thrall. The Horde, thought mainly the Orcs, needed a champion for their faction and Garrosh was that. He has brought countless victories to the Horde and with the whole "Loyalty to the Warchief" idea that most Orcs have, they will continue to believe this until something happens to them. Some atrocious. Maybe Garrosh puts down an Orc? Drek'thar, Saurfang, Rexxar? Whatever happens, the Orcs need a reason to turn on him.

Forsaken are one of the few that need very little story to turn on Garrosh. Garrosh gave them plenty of reason to hate when he insulted their Queen in Cataclysm and his ignoring of Sylvanas's plea in ToW may have sealed the deal. Kosak has talked briefly on Sylvanas, but isn't sure if her story will come sooner than later. I can see her playing a role in the aftermath of Orgrimmar- take advantage of the chaos and take the Undercity for her, not the Horde.

Goblins are the one race I really want to see step up. Gallywix will side with the most profitable side, but I think the Cartel should separate and fight back. Kick some Gallywix ass.

How the Alliance will play a role in "pushing the Horde apart" will be interesting.
    The Horde has been falling apart since Garrosh took control.

1. Forced segregation: Garrosh has moved the "lesser" races of the Horde to the outer sections of Orgrimmar while reserving the cities center for Orcs only.
    2. Constant insults: Garrosh insults the "lesser" races of the Horde at every given chance. He's made no attempt to hide his feelings that every other race in the Horde is of "lesser" quality and Orcs are superior.
    3. Garrosh has threatened to kill Sylvanas and attempted to kill Vol'jinn.
    4. Garrosh did kill (with some unintended assistance, grant it) Cairne Bloodhoof.
    5. Garrosh has made it clear that the Bloodelves are nothing but disposable tools to him.

I'm honestly surprised more of the races aren't already revolting against him.

and who in the horde is gonna ask the alliance for help?

The only one would be baine who is friends with anduin and maybe jaina could contact thrall again

Bottom line is the alliance is not gonna be front and centre in this they are gonna do there best to ferment discord in the background and thats about it
    I'd honestly be surprised if we even see Horde heroes in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid in anything more than a secondary role. No Horde race is in any position to do anything about the situation at hand. Their one and only option is to beg the Alliance for help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would bet my house its gonna be thrall who ends garrosh though i dont doubt varian will be around but just like sylvanas wasnt there for arthas death neither will varian will be for garroshes
    There will be rage if either get the kill. Especially if it's Thrall.

I personally feel that of all the leaders who deserve the canon it should be Varian. Out of every leader he is the guy who has suffered the most at Garrosh's actions. He's also one of the leaders we know will be at the Siege and leading the engagement on the Alliance side.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:50 PM ----------

I'd honestly be surprised if we even see Horde heroes in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid in anything more than a secondary role. No Horde race is in any position to do anything about the situation at hand. Their one and only option is to beg the Alliance for help.
    It depends how many rebel tbh.
    We also know that both factions will be their of their own independent choice to end Garrosh and will apparently meet in their slightly surprised to see the other, but after that we don't know.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I'm honestly surprised more of the races aren't already revolting against him.
    Because like it or not most of the Horde but mostly Orcs like him and they are the Horde's biggest military force by a country mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    By pushing the Horde apart, they likely mean the Garrosh supporters and the sane members of the Horde separating in preparation for the Siege of Orgrimmar raid.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    It makes absolutely zero lore sense why some races would side w/ the opposite faction. Just off the top of my head, Blood elves were exploited and murdered by the alliance in droves which is why they joined the horde.
    Of top of my head: you're clueless.

Also of top of my head: there's tauren + night elf, dwarf + blood elf pairs, and several mixed racial expeditions in game right now. There's many more in books/other lore. Only thing that realistically prevents this in game is artificial game mechanic limitation.

What would night elves want with the horde? What self-respecting orc would go kneel before Varian? Worgens are going to side with the horde, home of the forsaken? Do you not remember Gilneas? etc, etc, etc. I mean, come on. If anything these races would break off into different factions, not run into the enemy's open arms.
    Yeah, what self-respecting elf would EVER listen to Orc's command and call to battle and respond "FOR HONOR!", what human would tell same Orc: "I am with you until I gasp my last dying breath." I leave exercise of finding who they are to you.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-03-19 at 02:01 PM.