Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I'm also wondering about what will happen if the new war chief isn't an orc. Right now the leader of every race is also of that race, so if the new war chief was, for example, Voljin then would orcs just not have their own leader?
    They would surely give the orcs a racial leader even if the new warchief isn't an orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I fully expect Thrall to play a role, they wouldn't introduce him in 5.1 if he wasn't going to. Just hope he's not the leader of the Horde rebels or the next warchief.

If Siege of Org is going to work it needs to be a convergence of both factions stories, and not the Alliance just helping out the Horde finishing theirs. If blizz strikes that balance it will be great.
    I would hope Thrall kind of functions as a sort of role model for the Horde rebels, but declines the offer to be Warchief again in favor of retiring to wherever with Aggra and making babies or whatever it is Metzen's obsessed with these days. I really don't want him as warchief. He definitely needs to be involved, however, because he's a known quantity, and at this point I doubt even Varian would find reason to pick a fight with him after we saw he was Green Jesus in Cata.

I'd also expect "neutral" NPCs like Anduin and Dezco (that's the cow running around in pally t6 gear) to play a role at some point. While they're members of their respective factions, they're closer to neutral than anything. Anduin never really seemed upset or at all racist, even when you kidnap him and imprison him around a bunch of those fucking stupid Disney monkeymen.

Pandas on either side probably won't play major roles except maybe as advisors, since I'm sure we'll end up with a "Sha corruption" angle from somewhere. Never got the impression Ji bought into the Horde supremacy thing, he just stuck with the Horde because they fit his huojin ideals. I'm sure both Aysa and Ji will be present, and I'm sure there'll be some kind of love story angle shoehorned in somewhere because obviously it's impossible to have a compelling story without a love interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    They would surely give the orcs a racial leader even if the new warchief isn't an orc.
    Please be Rexxar. Please be Rexxar. Please be Rexxar.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ok. If blizzard does something like having Varian in his pompous attitude claim the alliance needs to break the horde apart, and as high king he has the right to do so, thats is little surprise, i wouldn't expect anything less, given how he was the character who started this whole mess by pushing Garrosh on to become the war hungry bastard he now is.

But what will make me want to throw dead pigeons at blizzard HQ, is if the horde just lets Varian try this on, that instead of standing on there own two feet, forming there own rebellion, gathering there own resistance, they instead follow the words of that asshat who has caused nothing but grief to there side all this time, and who doesn't even account for his own actions, that would be the moment the horde lost any sense of dignity.

What god dam right does Varian have to declare 'the horde needs to be broken apart', like he's suddenly the ruler of azeroth. And more to the point, if this whole story is leading to some plothole where the alliance is the only ones taking the high ground in this, then the entire development of characters like Vol'jin, the darkspears lor'themar, silvermoon, Baine, Thrall, Saurfang, and every other character effected by Garrosh's hubris, will have been for nothing, just to give the alliance players some undeserving sense of gratification.
    And yes, something that freaking big, the alliance is not deserving of it, since whatever whining they made in cataclysm, they honestly lost nothing of faction pride from it.
    yeah yeah sure, the guy who after an orc killed his father then went on to offer them lumber in order to help bridge peace between the orcs and the night elves, sure, or the guy who led the horde forces during the nightmare, or the guy who is personal friends with and is in talks to bring blood elves over to the alliance, sure, or the guy who personally talked to vol'jin about the zandalari, or the guy whos son is close friends with multiple leaders of the tauren and vol'jin.

yeah sure he TOTALLY has it out for the horde and wants to see them all dead, yeah not like hes just trying to protect his son or anything right? not like garrosh tried to kill his son multiple times either in person or by sending soldiers after him or anything right?

some people just dont know anything about varian, hes one of the best leaders the alliance has ever had, hes experienced tragedy after tragedy and yet he STILL is willing to have peaceful negotiations with the horde when the chance comes up, he STILL offers aid to members of the horde who he personally respects and knows not to be monsters despite them being a part of the group that has caused him untold suffering.

varian isnt a "douche bag" varian isnt warmongering, what he is, is a slightly overbearing father who wants to protect what little he has left of a family and is willing to do whatever it takes to do so, if that means fighting the horde then he will, if that means giving anduin his space then he will try.

varians been through ALOT just because he has a tough time sorting out his emotions and how to raise his son doesnt mean hes a douchebag, it means hes realistic
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I would hope Thrall kind of functions as a sort of role model for the Horde rebels, but declines the offer to be Warchief again in favor of retiring to wherever with Aggra and making babies or whatever it is Metzen's obsessed with these days. I really don't want him as warchief. He definitely needs to be involved, however, because he's a known quantity, and at this point I doubt even Varian would find reason to pick a fight with him after we saw he was Green Jesus in Cata.

I'd also expect "neutral" NPCs like Anduin and Dezco (that's the cow running around in pally t6 gear) to play a role at some point. While they're members of their respective factions, they're closer to neutral than anything. Anduin never really seemed upset or at all racist, even when you kidnap him and imprison him around a bunch of those fucking stupid Disney monkeymen.

Pandas on either side probably won't play major roles except maybe as advisors, since I'm sure we'll end up with a "Sha corruption" angle from somewhere. Never got the impression Ji bought into the Horde supremacy thing, he just stuck with the Horde because they fit his huojin ideals. I'm sure both Aysa and Ji will be present, and I'm sure there'll be some kind of love story angle shoehorned in somewhere because obviously it's impossible to have a compelling story without a love interest!

Please be Rexxar. Please be Rexxar. Please be Rexxar.
    I expect that the Ji Firepaw/Aysa Cloudsinger story will continue at some point at the end of the expansion, but couldn't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Blizzard will never allow half the player base to be either on the evil or losing side.

Garrosh will be the villain, but Horde players will become the brave resistance.
    They showed the Alliance as losing for most of WoW.

Deleted
    I hope not.

10+ Year Old Account

This will be what garrosh will be looking like in SoO In the name of all Villain characters in WoW, arise and cleanse all Azeroth my Garrillidan Lich Wing.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    *snip*
    This will be what garrosh will be looking like in SoO In the name of all Villain characters in WoW, arise and cleanse all Azeroth my Garrillidan Lich Wing.
    That image is amazing!

Am I the only one who wants to see Anduin stop running around like a useless idiot and DO SOMETHING this expansion? The Seige of Orgrimmar seems like an excellent time for him to get his princely bum in gear; Wrathion and his Tauren paladin BFF can help too. It seems like there's too much bad blood between Varian and the rest of the Horde; him showing up at the gates of Orgrimmar seems like something a competent leader could use to unify rebellious factions.
    Last edited by lyat; 2013-03-22 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyat View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to see Anduin stop running around like a useless idiot and DO SOMETHING this expansion? The Seige of Orgrimmar seems like an excellent time for him to get his princely bum in gear; Wrathion and his Tauren paladin BFF can help too. It seems like there's too much bad blood between Varian and the rest of the Horde; him showing up at the gates of Orgrimmar seems like something a competent leader could use to unify rebellious factions.
    Well, Anduin is doing Great job in this expansion. His has great role in WoW lore. Like Velen said one day he will be Great king and will have play big role against big evil. but now He is doing just fine and I'm sure he wont interfere in SoO! I like his Neutral an Peaceful Character

Quote Originally Posted by lyat View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to see Anduin stop running around like a useless idiot and DO SOMETHING this expansion?
    Garrosh tried to kill him for a reason, you know.

Also, he's kind of laid up right now.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 06:19 PM ----------

I like his Neutral an Peaceful Character
    There must always be a Jaina?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Garrosh tried to kill him for a reason, you know.

Also, he's kind of laid up right now.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 06:19 PM ----------

There must always be a Jaina?
    Yes ofc. Jaina is one of my favorite characters She's very cool, and As she at least was beaten and chose to fight for alliance there must be one character who will replace her and fight for Peace between them

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Anduin is doing Great job in this expansion. His has great role in WoW lore. Like Velen said one day he will be Great king and will have play big role against big evil. but now He is doing just fine and I'm sure he wont interfere in SoO! I like his Neutered [I couldn't resist] an Peaceful Character
    How can he be neutral? He's the Prince of Stormwind!
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2013-03-23 at 01:58 AM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Anduin doing nothing? He helped to defeat the Sha of Despair, and it his research that lead to the divine mallet being restored, and him that used it to nullify the divine bell and deny Garrosh a powerful weapon.

So it looks like the goblins are gonna find something very powerful that im sure is gonna turn garrosh into something very powerful and very dangerous

Looks like the alliance is gonna have no choice but to establish a pact with the horde to take him down

I expect the allies will try to seek out the rebels and offer them aid like the tauren and trolls similar to what the western countries are doing in syria

10+ Year Old Account
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/4e53a56f22f3c5ba763a176fda76b911/tumblr_mk10bk6Yxc1qddb2eo1_1280.jpg

That was one verdant sphere away from being a worthy background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    How can he be neutral? He's the Prince of Stormwind!
    That doesnt mean anything. He is a prince, not a king. He is more like Priest in his person then Prince and representative of Stormwind. He isnt hostile against Horde beecause he knows there are good people, warriors and Nobel, if Horde upper ranks can be called that, like there are in Alliance! Like Baine or voljin he sees no reason for war,but to negotiate. Thats how he is more neutral than hostile unlike his father.

Anduin is like Jaina pre MoP. He is a part of the Alliance. He is the prince of Stormwind. But he still desires peace. He knows there is good in the horde, but doesn't hesitate to oppose Garrosh's schemes either. In fact it was he who thwarted the Divine Bell. Being willing to work with the other faction is not the same as being neutral.

Deleted
    Who did this?! Which one of you banned the Son of Bjorn?!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I am saying it right now.

The horde and alliance will both fracture.
    LOL

No.

The alliance is more tightly nit than it EVER fucking has been.

Meanwhile the horde is crumbling on it's rusty old decayed pipes

Let's see

Baine hates Garrosh, Vol'jin plans to KILL Garrosh, Sylvanas just does not give a shit about anything and uses the horde for her own motives. There are not many but even some Orcs hate Garrosh and I am not sure about the goblins but...whew, That sounds like a stable faction to me.

Meanwhile the Alliance is strengthening bonds and working together. Yeah. Just no.
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-03-23 at 02:49 PM.