Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best WoW Battleground

Let's hear your opinions.

Poll to follow.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to go with Arathi Basin.

If AV was not neutered all those years ago I'd probably have picked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV. Had some really epic ones in there. Love it. Fond of Isle and Mines, as well.

I love AV because of how varied the battles can be ...you might have 5 fights in a row that end with one side simply downing the towers and killing the boss . Then 3 more fight that are absolute battles and the horde pins the alliance down at the bridge and wins by reenforcements

Let's be honest nothing and I mean nothing was more cruel and possibly funnier than mind controlling someone off the middle bridge in EOTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle for Gilneas! AV and AB were always my favorites. But AV isn't fun unless you go with 5 friends and cause a long, epic turtle (I know people hate when that happens but we find it insanely fun. I'd rather have an insane resource battle in the middle, 30ish vs 30ish, than see who can zerg the fastest and ever even have to kill another player.) AB is still great, but here is why I prefer BfG.....

There's only 3 nodes. That forces PvP better than 5. In AB you can get yourself landed on D and never get attacked. Rarely happens that way in Gilneas. No matter what you do, you're (usually) guaranteed some fun.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Let's be honest nothing and I mean nothing was more cruel and possibly funnier than mind controlling someone off the middle bridge in EOTS.
    Or typhoon. Really anything with a good knock-back. I've death-gripped people who have typhooned me as I fell. One time I hit a warrior with it by accident...and it gripped me back to him, saving my life.

warsong gulch. most pvp-centric bg of the lot. i like the new one too, the one in the mines
    somebody call for d doctor?

I can't decide between WSG, AB or AV at a push I would say AV it has the potential for so many different strategies unfortunately most groups don't recognise anything other than zerg the towers then boss. But when you have a group that tries something other than zerging or reacts to the other side's tactics I don't think any other battleground can come close to the fun.

A good AV beats anything, but unfortunately they're extremely rare. Plus, it's horribly imbalanced in favor of Alliance, and I'm Horde. Too little PvP.
    WSG and TP would be my favorites, as I'm a big CTF fan, but the stupid tie rule makes me so mad that I can't stand playing them sometimes.
    SotA and IoC suck hard. Vehicles don't belong in PvP, and IoC is another in favor of Alliance by design. These BGs are what make me love blacklist.
    ToK and SM, I don't think much of. They're pretty much always a blowout where the more healer heavy team gets an edge and doesn't lose it.
    BfG is a good mode, but unfortunately suffers the same one sided snowball effect as the above due to being too small. Three node doesn't work.
    So that leaves AB and EotS as the only ones without a heavy flaw. I voted EotS, since Alliance often get a ten point advantage at the start of AB.

AB, without a doubt.

Deleted
    AB
    AV pre-blizz-fun-destroyer, but still good enough for 2nd place
    WSG > TP
    ToK
    Mines
    EoS
    Gilneas
    REST (+I hate the siege BG's)

10+ Year Old Account
    AB for sure. Also partial to WSG and AV.

Silvershard Mines is my new favorite. I don't know why but I totally love that battleground, maybe because it's different from most of the others (so is temple, and it's also good, just enjoy mines more). Can't believe SO many votes for AB, I got burnt out on that place forever ago and can no longer stand it xD. Second favorite for me is a tie between Twin Peaks and WSG - probably TP taking the lead because it's newer and fresher even if it's been around for awhile now : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magepot View Post
    Silvershard Mines is my new favorite. I don't know why but I totally love that battleground, maybe because it's different from most of the others (so is temple, and it's also good, just enjoy mines more). Can't believe SO many votes for AB, I got burnt out on that place forever ago and can no longer stand it xD. Second favorite for me is a tie between Twin Peaks and WSG - probably TP taking the lead because it's newer and fresher even if it's been around for awhile now : )
    perhaps because its atmosphere isn't in the open world, but rather in the mines (which i like for a change)
    I think it is the first bg to be 'fully inside'

Blizz should just remove SotA. No one likes it.

I voted Strand of the Ancients by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Blizz should just remove SotA. No one likes it.
    Aww that was my vote.

I kinda like using assault vehicles.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I voted Strand of the Ancients by mistake
    We can be friends because I'm the other sota vote.

I meant to vote for Isle of Conquest though

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle for Gilneas and AB, I honestly like AV even the current one, I just like the madness in it.