Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd give Blizzard this, they have made an interesting story in this patch! It was a long time since I was this interested to see what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Bottom line is the alliance is not gonna be front and centre in this they are gonna do there best to ferment discord in the background and thats about it
    Your speculation is just as baseless and open to being completely wrong as the guy your'e trying to argue with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    I'd honestly be surprised if we even see Horde heroes in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid in anything more than a secondary role. No Horde race is in any position to do anything about the situation at hand. Their one and only option is to beg the Alliance for help.
    lol this guy... is so biased...
    The type who screams HORDE FAVORITISM if the horde ends up being the main factor in defeating garrosh.

could you stop with the attempt at Faction biased arguements. Hes not going to lose to one faction because hes going to get empowered to make it require both factions to invade at once.
    Last edited by Koreche; 2013-03-19 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstrider View Post
    I honestly hate speculation because sometimes it goes too far but here we go..

They could do another stage affect on the dailies where we start the push from the shores of Pandaria and the other leaders of the Horde begin siding with the Alliance to end Garrosh's reign. So far we know he tried to kill Varians son and that he is dabbling in Demonic powers again regardless that he vowed not to. Garrosh is a war mongering Orc willing to start a full blown war regardless of what his people think, even convincing them to become a single minded war machine( a certain Scenario is testament to this ). In the end I feel that Vol'Jins words will definitely come to pass.

"I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll be watchin' as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do. And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule, swiftly and silently. Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart."
    Garrosh never has, and never will touch demonic powers. He'll go about it another way, for sure, but he is deathly afraid of demonic corruption. It's what makes his entire backstory. Sha =/= demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    lol this guy... is so biased...
    The type who screams HORDE FAVORITISM if the horde ends up being the main factor in defeating garrosh.

could you stop with the attempt at Faction biased arguements. Hes not going to lose to one faction because hes going to get empowered to make it require both factions to invade at once.
    Says the guy who, like many, don't consider it bias when the Horde fans in the thread do it. Are you saying Horde bias hasn't been a thing since TBC and hasn't got worse with each expansion? Your only options are to agree to the reality of it and say yes, or deny it and confirm your own very blatant bias on the issue.

Anyway it's a moot point. The Horde fanboys can try to spin it however they want, it doesn't change the reality of continued Alliance domination in the storyline and the rightful place of the Horde beneath Varian's boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Your speculation is just as baseless and open to being completely wrong as the guy your'e trying to argue with.
    Though i maybe a tad bias the claim that the alliance is gonna be front and centre in 5.3 doesnt follow the way the story is going

IMHO no faction is gonna be front and centre cause i will bet my poor reputation on this website that 5.3 is all gonna be about Thrall and hes neutral!

Says the guy who, like many, don't consider it bias when the Horde fans in the thread do it. Are you saying Horde bias hasn't been a thing since TBC and hasn't got worse with each expansion? Your only options are to agree to the reality of it and say yes, or deny it and confirm your own very blatant bias on the issue.

Anyway it's a moot point. The Horde fanboys can try to spin it however they want, it doesn't change the reality of continued Alliance domination in the storyline and the rightful place of the Horde beneath Varian's boot.
    IMO, TBC wasn't really horde biased, at least not until Sunwell patch.

Wrath Horde biased? Certainly not. Not with the emphasis on the light, which while not alliance itself is tied to the Alliance far more thematically than the horde, Bolvar Fordragon's role in things, brann bronzebeard's role, etc. The Forsaken COULD have stolen the show but really they kind of disapeared after the Wrathgate and stopped being relevant.

Really the only expansion I'd say was horde favoring was Cataclysm. You had the Horde warchief as the primary protagonist, while one could argue Hamull had just as big a role and as much screen time in Hyjal as Malfurion did. The Alliance intro event in TH, which was supposed to be the other side of the coin to the horde airship entry event, was scrapped in favor of us getting a quick ride in with a cameo from a popular wow comic. And of course they botched Bennedictus. Why have THRALL confront him and not Varian as was planned by datamined voice files originally? It would have had much greater impact being found out by his own people. I chock most of cataclysm's bias up to the devs running out of time more than being actually biased to one faction though. Don't even bring up all the horde victories, they had to to balance out the land and zones.

And to be clear I'm an alliance player so don't even try and spin the horde fanboy angle on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    IMO, TBC wasn't really horde biased, at least not until Sunwell patch.

Wrath Horde biased? Certainly not. Not with the emphasis on the light, which while not alliance itself is tied to the Alliance far more thematically than the horde, Bolvar Fordragon's role in things, brann bronzebeard's role, etc. The Forsaken COULD have stolen the show but really they kind of disapeared after the Wrathgate and stopped being relevant.

Really the only expansion I'd say was horde favoring was Cataclysm. You had the Horde warchief as the primary protagonist, while one could argue Hamull had just as big a role and as much screen time in Hyjal as Malfurion did. The Alliance intro event in TH, which was supposed to be the other side of the coin to the horde airship entry event, was scrapped in favor of us getting a quick ride in with a cameo from a popular wow comic. And of course they botched Bennedictus. Why have THRALL confront him and not Varian as was planned by datamined voice files originally? It would have had much greater impact being found out by his own people. I chock most of cataclysm's bias up to the devs running out of time more than being actually biased to one faction though. Don't even bring up all the horde victories, they had to to balance out the land and zones.

And to be clear I'm an alliance player so don't even try and spin the horde fanboy angle on me.
    I wouldn't call you a Horde fanboy since you're arguing using logic and good examples, not "HURR DURR HORDE IZ DA BESTEST!!!"

Though I'll disagree that Sunwell was Horde biased since frankly the Blood Elves came off as rather pathetic through the whole thing, only surviving due to Velen and M'uru's kindness. A biased version would have them doing the whole defeating Kil'Jaeden and reigniting the Sunwell solo, which didn't happen. If anything the Draenei did all the heavy lifting for the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I'm more concerned about how Varian will bring Alliance together (looking at you, Little Patience scenario).

As i speculated before in some older thread, surely Varian will drink Dwarven Council under the table, teaches Mekkatorque how to build better machines, shows Greymane how to keep his beast inside in check and gives Velen lengthy sermon about Light. And maybe teaches pandarens some new kungfu moves. "omfg u r teh high king now"
    This is exactly what I'm afraid of. The scenario was fucking -painful- to be a part of. It's like Blizzard have forgotten the character of their own races.

I wouldn't call you a Horde fanboy since you're arguing using logic and good examples, not "HURR DURR HORDE IZ DA BESTEST!!!"

Though I'll disagree that Sunwell was Horde biased since frankly the Blood Elves came off as rather pathetic through the whole thing, only surviving due to Velen and M'uru's kindness. A biased version would have them doing the whole defeating Kil'Jaeden and reigniting the Sunwell solo, which didn't happen. If anything the Draenei did all the heavy lifting for the Sunwell.
    Only reason I mention Sunwell is the final patch took place in blood elven lands, and the ending of the raid was a turning point in the blood elf racial story, though Velen's role in it was neat. I don't really think that unbalances the entire expansion in and of itself. Especially when Alliance get to meet most of their wc 2 heroes, while all the surviving Horde ones are bosses you have to kill. XD

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    This is exactly what I'm afraid of. The scenario was fucking -painful- to be a part of. It's like Blizzard have forgotten the character of their own races.
    I don't know. Maybe it's just me but it didn't seem incredibly out of character for her to want to rush in. This is the same night elf that said "Only the Goddess may forbid me anything!' and ran off to free illidan, killing his wardens in the process.

Deleted
    I hope that fist pumping time for Alliance prommissed by Blizzard is coming in 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I hope that fist pumping time for Alliance prommissed by Blizzard is coming in 5.3
    Same. Especially for the night elves. While I don't mind the Little Patience scenario, the promise that they would be kick ass in 5.1 did not pay off.

I may be wrong about this but I have a feeling the the black prince may have a hand in pushing it over the edge, something about him seems shady as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Ummm...Tyrande is incredibly hot headed and even bigoted toward her fellow Alliance races in the lore. A Little Patience was totally in character for her, especially considering the Orcs were the enemy at hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I know its pretty likely but has this been confirmed?
    That would be INCREDIBLY out of character for Garrosh. He's more against demonic magic than Thrall is. If that is indeed what happens then Blizzard sucks at writing.

Deleted
    Ummm...Tyrande is incredibly hot headed and even bigoted toward her fellow Alliance races in the lore. A Little Patience was totally in character for her, especially considering the Orcs were the enemy at hand.
    true, I remember from WC3 campaign how she just wanted to kill everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I personally don't think we're going to see it.

I'm going to let the whiny side of me dictate that the fact is that the Alliance story compared to the Horde so far has been somewhat sub par (it's okay, but not as good), it's also worth bearing in mind for all intents and purposes the Garrosh story is a mostly Horde one due to the internal politics of the story.
    I would whine more but it's not bad for my mental health :roll:

I think Metzen dug himself a hole when he said fist pumping.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:36 PM ----------

There's a difference between being hot headed and somewhat rash and being just damn stupid which is what she was during that Scenario.
    During WC3 when she was liked by the player base she was quick to act but did it well and didn't give a hoot about what anybody else said. This in stark contrast to her during the Scenario where she believes attacking a fortified position is a good idea and is then told no where she then goes and sulks in the corner.

Deleted
    I sincerely hope Varian will contact Thrall, and then join forces with all the Horde forces minus Undead (Dey be plaguein yo)

Tyrande has done some rash things, but bigoted? Not since WC 3. At the start of the last mission she even says she 'may have misjudged you' to Jaina and her people. She and Malfurion even host an Alliance summit in Darnassus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    I sincerely hope Varian will contact Thrall, and then join forces with all the Horde forces minus Undead (Dey be plaguein yo)
    It will be interesting to see the "breaking point" when Varian needs help of Thrall, Vol'Jin and Baine to defeat Garrosh. I think Jaina will have something to do with it as she realises all the rush to conclusions she has done over the past few patches.