durumu tank swap

Just got to Durumu tonight and after a few pulls, the tank damage is insane. I feel like our tanks are not doing it right and would like some people to clarify when the tank swapping should happen and what it should look like.

what our tanks were doing was taunting at 5 stacks of serious wounds (the mortal strike debuff) and at times getting 2 bleeds because the healers were not doing enough healing.

We tank swap at 4 stacks. The second tank will have his falling off during beam phase.

The damage is insane because Hard Stare hits hard and Arterial Cut can stack if it's not healed up in time, which makes getting rid of it even harder. Have tanks popping a CD for the later HSs and timing their AMs for all of them to minimize the amount of healing it needs to be done afterwards to remove AC.

Deleted
    1st tank will tank untill the beams comes (4 stacks) and then the offtank will taunt off, and then the 1st tank taunt off the offtank when the debuff runs out

you are welcome

We 3 tanked it our first week on normal just to play it safe. it was a joke only taking 2-3 debuffs.

This week we 2 tanked it and it seemed the same as last week. We just had to put a little effort into CD usage when the stacks get up there.

Deleted
    Man up and take 5 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    One Tank will have to take 5 Stacks. 4-4 doesn't work (it can, but mostly it wont) - we had our timer overlap by about 1 secs and extended the debuff to 5 instead of dropping off.

You can either do 5-5 Stacks or 5-4 Stacks or 4-5 Stacks. Just pick your best Selfhealing Tank for the 5 - if you want him to start the fight, then go with 5-4. If he does the least dps, go with 4-5.

We always went with 5-5 though, felt the most natural. As a Blood DK I never had problems dropping the bleed anyway - I was mostly full due to bloodshield or didn't even lose hp when the debuff was applied, resulting in an instant fizzle. Just use larger CDs towards the 4th, 5th Stacks and your hp/healing increase cd and you're golden.

are you 10 or 25? I solo tank 10 man as a prot paladin is why I ask I take 5-6 stacks before bop/bubble. Make sure your topping off your tanks when the debuff goes on them cause there is a debuff that untill you are 100% hp you take 40k damage every sec or 2 sec or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only have to take 4 stacks with 2 tanks. Any more is not necessary.

We go 4-5-5 then it falls off during purple phase. As has been said make sure you time your active mitigation for hard stare and there shouldn't be any problems. We didn't have many problems with this fight, found the hardest part to be the purple phase and that's because of the awful graphic they've chosen to use.

Deleted
    Man up and solotank it with bop. That being said, if you are struggling with 2 tanking, make sure to use bop even then and you should be able to taunt at 3 (or at most 4) stacks every time, this should make the fight very easy. If you don't have a pala just have your second tank taunt (with all cds up) when the light beam phase starts to make that as easy as possible for your healers.

Deleted
    We did Durumu with one paladin tank, he ranked 4 on WoL x)

We just got to this boss at the end of last nights raid, so we only had time for like 2-3 real trys and manage to get him to 50%. I was one of the two tanks, a prot pally, and after I learned to time my active mitigation + one short personal cd (or the shield from sacred shield) I was barely taking any damage at all from Hard Stare, an if it timed with things like a bubble from the priest and the pally healers sacred shield I was at full health after it. I don't think I ever went below 90% from a Hard Stare.

So actually we might solo tank him when we get time to progress the fight for real, BoPing or bubbling the stacks when they get to high at least that was what we were talking about last night after does few trys.
    Last edited by Ater; 2013-03-20 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Man up and solotank it with bop. That being said, if you are struggling with 2 tanking, make sure to use bop even then and you should be able to taunt at 3 (or at most 4) stacks every time, this should make the fight very easy. If you don't have a pala just have your second tank taunt (with all cds up) when the light beam phase starts to make that as easy as possible for your healers.
    Yep, bop with clemency is god here. Better still if the pala is a tank and can bubble an extra one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    We just got to this boss at the end of last nights raid, so we only had time for like 2-3 real trys and manage to get him to 50%. I was one of the two tanks, a prot pally, and after I learned to time my active mitigation + one short personal cd (or the shield from sacred shield) I was barely taking any damage at all from Hard Stare, an if it timed with things like a bubble from the priest and the pally healers sacred shield I was at full health after it. I don't think I ever went below 90% from a Hard Stare.

So actually we might solo heal him when we get time to progress the fight for real, BoPing or bubbling the stacks when they get to high at least that was what we were talking about last night after does few trys.
    I guess you meant solo tanking? I doubt its possible to solo heal durumu, at least not for a guild that has just started on him progression wise

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Yep, bop with clemency is god here. Better still if the pala is a tank and can bubble an extra one.

Clemency is not really needed and to me, subpar in terms of a tankadin's choice. Unbreakable Spirit is better as it gives you a Bubble ever 2.5 mins which is more than enough and far more usage out of DP due to the damage. Just Bubble at 6 stacks and then the beam phase will cover the next 5 to clear. By the time you get back up to 6 stacks, Bubble will have been off for about 30 seconds.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

we solo tanked it for the kill this week. we'd bop our monk tank at 5-6 stacks, and he'd immediately cancel it off.

Honestly we had more trouble with the life drain beam and getting ppl to announce their stacks than the tanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shetan View Post
    Clemency is not really needed and to me, subpar in terms of a tankadin's choice. Unbreakable Spirit is better as it gives you a Bubble ever 2.5 mins which is more than enough and far more usage out of DP due to the damage. Just Bubble at 6 stacks and then the beam phase will cover the next 5 to clear. By the time you get back up to 6 stacks, Bubble will have been off for about 30 seconds.
    Ah I'm a holydin [who never runs with a tankadin ) so didn't really consider unbreakable spirit as a viable choice! Only other option is purity [also pretty decent for this boss btw]

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    I guess you meant solo tanking? I doubt its possible to solo heal durumu, at least not for a guild that has just started on him progression wise
    Yeah ofc, it should be solo tank, my bad.