Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Well, I was thinking not about specing in Fury, just getting the Titan's Grip talent, then using the other points to invest in abilities that generate rage (such as shield slam), and then spending the rest on abilities that will: 1. allow me to survive a difficult mob and 2. to be able to use that two-handed sword to do serious damage. My basic idea is to be able to create a warrior who has the protection of a shield and the arms of a two-handed weapon - making a versatile build that can solo, group, DPS, tank, and raid.
    The issue is now the only way to get Titan's Grip, is to spec fury. You dont have points in talent trees like you did 3 years ago.
    Are you on a private server? You seem to be talking about talent trees like they were pre MOP.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant use raging blow or wild strike; and really all casters bypass 100% armor anyway, so the shield is rather useless in PvP, and its not like you are tanking as fury in PVE.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Well, I was thinking not about specing in Fury, just getting the Titan's Grip talent, then using the other points to invest in abilities that generate rage (such as shield slam), and then spending the rest on abilities that will: 1. allow me to survive a difficult mob and 2. to be able to use that two-handed sword to do serious damage. My basic idea is to be able to create a warrior who has the protection of a shield and the arms of a two-handed weapon - making a versatile build that can solo, group, DPS, tank, and raid.
    You wouldn't be viable for any raids run by guilds that care about progression, this would include LFR (Looking for Raid). Goodluck however, it sounds like fun and interesting way to level a warrior.

I think this is where you are remembering Wow as it used to be. There is no "Get the Shield Slam Talent" anymore. If you want shield slam, its only available inside the Prot specialization. If you want Titan'sGrip it is only available inside the fury specialization. They are mutually exclusive. The talents are all flavors (the level 15 talents are 3 different ways to use charge).

Using the 2H to do serious damage has a couple issues. Hit and expertise are going to mess with you a lot. 1 big hit is great, but when you miss the next 2, kind of sucks. Also, 2H's get an automatic 10% damage reduction when being used in Titan's Grip apparently to level out having 2 giant weapons against other dps specs.

Think of it this way, for whatever reason, Single Minded Fury (2 1 Hand weapons) is higher dps than Titan's Grip (2 2H weapons). The back end math on Titan's Grip nerfs a lot. In Real Life a giant 2H weapon would likely do more damage than a smaller 1H weapon (assuming you were strong enough to swing it) but Wow math means that isn't necessarily the case in game.

I want to admit, this is a Fun idea. I actually tried it in early wrath just for looks. But the new class specialization system makes it more of an RP idea than a viable spec.

What a shame; if it weren't for the talent changes, this probably would have been an awesome build.

Holy lord, somebody call Doctor Who, seems like someone crossed a rift in time!

The game doesn't work like this. It wouldn't work like this back in BC. You cannot take Titan's grip without speccing fury, and you cannot get shield slam without taking protection. You don't get both.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Using the 2H to do serious damage has a couple issues. Hit and expertise are going to mess with you a lot. 1 big hit is great, but when you miss the next 2, kind of sucks. Also, 2H's get an automatic 10% damage reduction when being used in Titan's Grip apparently to level out having 2 giant weapons against other dps specs.
    The bigger issue is you won't be able to use the vast majority of your abilities. Also, TG no longer has a flat damage reduction applied to it, and hasn't since cata where the penalty was removed completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    The bigger issue is you won't be able to use the vast majority of your abilities. Also, TG no longer has a flat damage reduction applied to it, and hasn't since cata where the penalty was removed completely.
    Haha, Nice, I missed that.