Deleted

How to take down hunters?

No matter what I do... I'm still having problems with hunters...

Main problems:
    -Always outranging
    -If I get too close I get disoriented or Disengaged
    -Moving slow all the time
    -I don't have a good gap closer (They know about my deathgrip bonus piece) so they disengage right after 3 seconds

Any tips?

you can't. Infinite deterence and zoo is impossible to counter

Beat them until they stop moving. And then keep on doing so.

I find Hunters somewhat difficult too. Few tactics I use, in no particular order.

-AMS the traps (Mainly Freezing).
    -IBF the stampede.
    -CoI to force disengage when up close, then Death Grip back. (If they use deterrence at this point it gets tricky, but run along side them as they cannot attack during deterrence).
    -Save PoF and DPS CDs if you know they're out of deterrence & readiness.
    -Use DP to keep above 20% HP if possible, otherwise you'll fall into Kill Shot zone.
    -Also, if Deterrence is up, Death Strike will still heal you even if it doesn't damage them, so use it to keep HP up.
    -Pray.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primate View Post
    I find Hunters somewhat difficult too. Few tactics I use, in no particular order.

-AMS the traps (Mainly Freezing).
    -IBF the stampede.
    -CoI to force disengage when up close, then Death Grip back. (If they use deterrence at this point it gets tricky, but run along side them as they cannot attack during deterrence).
    -Save PoF and DPS CDs if you know they're out of deterrence & readiness.
    -Use DP to keep above 20% HP if possible, otherwise you'll fall into Kill Shot zone.
    -Also, if Deterrence is up, Death Strike will still heal you even if it doesn't damage them, so use it to keep HP up.
    -Pray.

Have fun.
    Good tips. They are a pretty strong counter.

As Frost it's really hard, but as Unholy they are pretty killable, BP of cours, AMS the traps, DA is really good to counter their kite but personnaly I use Asphixiate save Leap/Gnaw when rooted/kited or when you get scatter use Gnaw to avoid trap or DGround rather than trinket and of cours Burst directly to force deterrence and defensive stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post

Main problems:
    -Always outranging
    -I don't have a good gap closer (They know about my deathgrip bonus piece) so they disengage right after 3 seconds

Any tips?
    Spec UH and watch garg solo them?

Frost really isn't the way to go this patch, excluding rbgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have no problems with hunters, mainly because I use chillblains.

As soon as the duel (or whatever) starts (You should always be in blood presence) use chains of ice and run up and start whacking on him, if he uses disorienting shot then I use desecrated ground and chains of ice him if he disengaged. ALWAYS keep chilblains up, and he will not be able to kite you. If he uses the disorient, disengage, and deterrence. Just desecrated ground, run up straight to him until deterrence goes away and if hes still too far away then deathgrip. (If hes specced nito pooping spiderwebs when he disengages, trinket that.) AMS freezing trap.

This strat keeps them on the defensive, thus keeping him from bursting. But if he does manage to burst, just IBF.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-03-19 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    as blood i use his pet to heal myself with DS when death grip comes up i pull him dot him kick ass when he jumps away just turn to pet again

You will not beat a good hunter in duels, period.

If someone claims they do then they are playing bad hunters, though thankfully good hunters seem to be pretty rare. DK's, all melee really, don't have the tools to counter a good hunter in the open. Best advice is don't fight them alone without LoS. Unholy in with conversion and blood presence stands the best chance, but even then you need to pillar hump and let ghoul/diseases to the damage. Get in LoS and you are dead, just like any other melee.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    as blood i use his pet to heal myself with DS when death grip comes up i pull him dot him kick ass when he jumps away just turn to pet again
    Any hunter that leaves his pet on a blood DK is a terrible/inexperienced hunter. I good hunter will turn blood into Swiss cheese
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2013-03-22 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    Bad Hunters will keep their pet on you, good hunters keep it passive.

duels lol.

Spec unholy, get in arenas, dot everything kill pet and train them til kingdom come.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eugh 1v1?

Best bet is to turtle in BP with conversion. With the set bonus going and hunters snaring you constantly, you will pretty much have conversion up constantly, which means you're incredibly hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post

Main problems:
    -Always outranging

Any tips?
    Icy chains talented to stun them..don't every pull them to you as an opener!

Other then that I kill every hunter I run into because I'm a blood DK running around in pvp gear... It's actually a joke to kill them.

Hint to hunters... If you see blood presence you probably should just go the other way
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    ive easy take down double hunters combo in arena with flawless victory- just using Blood presence and beeing in unholy specc - popping cds and deaseses to all and spamming coversion and blood boil while rolling blood T - they die like bugs in seconds :>

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Icy chains talented to stun them..don't every pull them to you as an opener!

Other then that I kill every hunter I run into because I'm a blood DK running around in pvp gear... It's actually a joke to kill them.

Hint to hunters... If you see blood presence you probably should just go the other way
    You can't be serious. Only bat shit retarded hunters will lose to a blood DK.

And before you say "I just use their pet to heal myself", that means you are indeed fighting a retarded hunter.