Holy paladin beacon of light usege?

Aight some i'm kinda new to holy paladin's and healing in genral but since i'm going to start healing with him in a semi hardcore guild there is one thing i still can't figure out.

Its basicly this should i always beacon the target that need's either a quick flash heal or a Divine Light?

Or just keep it on the tank 24/7

Btw keep in mind that i'm raiding 10 mans so the aoe from light of dawn will not be as effective i presume..

And last but not least have a hard time choosing between light's hammer and holy prsim?

Tips and tricks to max my healing is always helpfull

Beacon swapping for that extra HP is okay, but if you're swapping, it's best combined with EF blanketing so they're also getting the constant ticks from all the rolling EFs throughout the raid. I would leave it on the current tank, and then if you really need to get someone up quick, then swap it to them. A macro along with beacon glyph is very nice for "oh shit" moments. As for LH vs HP, in 10m I prefer HP most of the time unless there are huge stack phases for the boss. Without stacking, I feel the smart heal from HP is vastly superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I use Light's Hammer just for the Fire and Forget functionality. Drop it and keep on healing, whereas HP is channeled.

Edit: Also, I usually keep Beacon on the MT, and focus healing with Holy Light spam on the OT, with HS on cooldown. Sprinkle HL+HS on raid members as needed.

1. In 5.0/5.1, there were some fights with heavy beacon swapping (Will of the Emperor, Garalon). In 5.2 (normal) I don't think there are very many heavy beacon swapping fights. I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head. A majority of the fights are two-tank though so I'm sure you're already swapping between the active tanks.

2. LH and HP choice will depend on the fight. If there's a lot of moving for example a fight like Primordius or Tortos, I would get HP. Also, sometimes you need the AoE instant heal. For a fight like Megaera, LH is the obvious choice. Some fights, it's not as clear or either HP or LH are viable. For example, Iron Qon, Light's Hammer is definitely the choice for the last part of the phase, but perhaps you have enough healing cooldowns and would rather get the burst healing from HP.

Beacon swapping is nice in some cases, but its rarely worth swapping just to get that one extra holy power out of tower of radiance. Since you're depriving yourself of the copied heal in favor of some holy power, the result depends entirely on whether you would have overhealed with beacon had you left it on the tank and just healed the other player. If it would have overhealed, then you get a [U]small/U] benefit. If not, then you just wasted some mana. Generally speaking, I only beacon swap when mechanics will cause the high-damage target to change such as taunt swaps on council or horridon or when someone is going to be out of range of normal healing (i.e. pheremone kiters on garalon).

Light of Dawn is actually very good in 10 man. It can only hit 6 targets anyway, so as long as you make sure to position yourself well, it is very powerful.

Tier 6 talents, depends a lot on personal preference and how the fights play out. On jin'rokh, Light's hammer wins easily since you're going to be stacked up for the big raid damage phase. On something like horridon, council or tortos when players are constantly moving around and usually not together, prism is excellent due to the smart-heal nature of the spell (particularly in 10s because of the higher ratio of targets to raiders).

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    whereas HP is channeled.
    If your talking about Holy Prism, I can assure you it is an instant cast spell. I prefer it because its a good chunk of a heal on 5 target, as where Light's Hammer is more situational.

I generally keep my Beacon on the tank that is tanking the boss/Known they are going to be taking some really heavy damage.

Beacon: Usually it's best to leave it on a tank who's taking damage. Largely anything you do will be overheal anyway, and you want to have Beacon on a target that 1) is taking damage, and 2) has to be topped off. This usually will be a tank (Horridon tank, Malakk tank, bat tank for Tortos, etc.) If there's a tank swap mechanic that consists of a DoT, you can even delay swapping Beacon to the new tank slightly since heals you apply to the new tank will help top off the DoT damage on the old tank.

Yes you can get TOR from Beacon but remember that to get TOR, you have to be casting Divine Light or Flash of Light.

---

Level 90:

Light's Hammer is a 1 minute CD ability that's good at healing up heavy "burst" raid damage over time, if the raid is stacked.

Holy Prism: It's good because 1) it's CD is shorter, 2) it is a smart heal and can heal for a lot, 3) it does a decent amount of DPS, and importantly, 4) you also can use the single target heal function.

Downsides of Holy Prism: It doesn't heal as many people nor does it do as much raw healing as LH.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

Holy Prism: It's good because 1) it's CD is shorter, 2) it is a smart heal and can heal for a lot, 3) it does a decent amount of DPS, and importantly, 4) you also can use the single target heal function.
    You forgot the part where it invokes mastery, where Lights hammer does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Venism View Post
    You forgot the part where it invokes mastery, where Lights hammer does not.
    No longer true unless they re-patched it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Personally I use Light's Hammer just for the Fire and Forget functionality. Drop it and keep on healing, whereas HP is channeled.

Edit: Also, I usually keep Beacon on the MT, and focus healing with Holy Light spam on the OT, with HS on cooldown. Sprinkle HL+HS on raid members as needed.
    ^ This

Only difference is in my raid group we have a Blood DK and a Guardian Druid and neither one ever takes any damage, so I put beacon on our shammy healer to ensure he doesn't ever die, that or our Warlock and then I just Holy light, holy shock, WoG(or EF) and only flash in extreme situations, flash should not be a go to spell for every bit of damage.

Reason below:

The groups old pally healer got removed for not doing good healing, he would flash spam and Holy Radiance spam the fight, be oom in about 30 seconds and only heal again when he had mana for another flash, would end fights with 100+ flashes 50 or so holy radiance's, 5 holy shocks, and a third the healing of the shaman.(The shaman is my brother so I was watching the fights and logs.)

Que me coming in, and now he's having to fight for the top healer slot because I'm using a completely different heal style then the other Hpally was.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to do that you best combine it with the beacon of light glyph to remove the gcd on it. I dont really prefer this method though it is a lot of work but it could be worth it during times when you dont really need to be healing heavily.

Deleted
    I only ever switch my beacon between tanks really, the damage they take is high enough to warrant leaving it on them. As for LH vs HP lights hammer is very good if you get the chance to group up but to be honest a lot of fights which require movement favour the use of prism, the healing output it provides is pretty sweet actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the only fight where I've switched to Light's Hammer over Holy Prism is Megara. People are too spread out to warrant using LH over HP if I need to AOE heal.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think LH is underrated. In 25 Man raiding there have been quite some fights in T14 where LH was very strong. I can see how people avoid it in 10 mans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    I think LH is underrated. In 25 Man raiding there have been quite some fights in T14 where LH was very strong. I can see how people avoid it in 10 mans though.
    LH isn't underrated. It was the go to spell for the last tier and will always win out in 25 mans.

Lots of spread and movement fights have made HP a very good alternative for 10 mans this tier, though, combined with some big boss hit boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    If anything some people overrate LH. There aren't many fights where people are able to group up without massive consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    I happened to read this as "Holy paladin bacon of light", before my brain actually decided to engage itself.

Still, Beacon of Light would be so much better if it was renamed to Bacon of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    Still, Beacon of Light would be so much better if it was renamed to Bacon of Light.
    The running "bacon" joke never gets old.