Item Drop Rates Will Impact Gold and Crafting Drops, KageKaze's Diablo Digest, Chris Metzen on Blizzard Art
Isle of Thunder - Stage 3 Unlocked
Patch 5.2 and Raid Finder Satchels
Patch 5.2 added some occasional rewards to the failbags to make them more rewarding. Thanks to the helpful people running the WoWDB addon, we now have a rough idea of what the bags can contain. (Click here if you have Curse Client already installed to help us collect data!)
It looks like there is roughly a ~7% chance for a satchel to contain an item from the list below in addition to gold. Keep in mind not all of the below items appear at an equal rate. For a very rough idea of drop rates, see the pages for the Amber Encased Treasure Pouch, Cache of Mogu Riches, and Dividends of the Everlasting Spring.
Satchel Drop Rate
- Patch 5.0 Raid Finder - Dropped ~84% of the time before Patch 5.2. Now only drops 67.8% of the time (Std. Dev. 3.2%)
- Throne of Thunder Raid Finder - Drops ~81% of the time (Std. Dev. 1.7%)
- Keep in mind that the sample sizes we have for drop rates after Patch 5.2 are fairly small, only a few hundred kills of each boss in LFR difficulty, and only the first three bosses in Throne of Thunder.
- We can assume that when a satchel does not drop, you are winning loot, as we don't save drop rates for bonus roll items. This means the drop rate of loot in Patch 5.0 raids went from 16% to 32%.
Patch 5.0 Raid Finder / World Boss Satchels
- [Mote of Harmony] and [Spirit of Harmony]
- [Blood Spirit]
- (Mists of Pandaria flasks) / (potions)
- Uncut Mists of Pandaria rare quality gem
- [Flawless Battle-Stones]
- Item Level 483 Raid Finder Boss Loot
- Raid Finder loot that had no previous source, such as the [Jade Courtesan Figurine]
- Pets and Mounts found in the [Misty Satchel of Exotic Mysteries]
Oondasta / Throne of Thunder Satchels
- The same as the above, except item level 502 Raid Finder gear rather than item level 476 and 483.
- [Primal Egg], which turns in to [Cracked Primal Egg] and drops a mount
Weekly Throne of Thunder Quests Satchel
- The same as the above, with possibly higher drop rates.
Patch 5.2 Hotfixes - March 18
Some hotfixes went out this afternoon, but no official notes yet.
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionItems
- Ra'sha's Sacrificial Dagger now has a 30 minute cooldown, up from 5 minutes, as well as a 1 second cast time.
- Zandalari Warbringer can no longer be taunted, interrupted, stunned, or snared. It isn't clear if all of these nerfs were intended.
Tyrannical PvP Weapons Hotfix
Throne of Thunder Heroic Progression
Not much progress today, with DREAM Paragon moving up to 11/13 bosses down. Still no Dark Animus video, so we will take a look at the Durumu the Forgotten fight! You can keep up with the kills on Manaflask, our forum thread, and WowProgress.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
The Daily Blink - Which Raid Size is Harder?
The Daily Blink examines the difficulty of the two raid sizes.