Page 1 of 2
LastLast

who needs gold farmers when u got LFR

2 Weeks of LFR and Normal runs.. in LFR = Gold x2 and in Normal my bonus = more gold... so.....Gold farmers going out of business?

Deleted
    im not sure how gold farmers were ever in business, since Wotlk gold has been so easy to get.

Um, not trying to be "that guy" but I make about 10k gold for a couple hours work on the AH, I know many people make more than that. Doing content to get your gold is nearly always an incredibly inefficient way of doing things.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papamidnyte View Post
    2 Weeks of LFR and Normal runs.. in LFR = Gold x2 and in Normal my bonus = more gold... so.....Gold farmers going out of business?
    I doubt it.

People buy gold because they are too lazy to put in the time needed to grind the gold. LFR, with 3 bosses, takes half an hour (minumum) to net you what, 180g? That's a pretty inefficient way to make gold. Essentially spending $10 on 10K gold is the equivalent of spending 50 hours in LFR. Since time is money (friend), for a lot of people, gold for cash is going to be in demand.

PS: not that I personally advocate buying gold, just explaining why the demand exists.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im not sure how gold farmers were ever in business, since Wotlk gold has been so easy to get.
    Not for most people. Every server has a small minority who make a ton of gold playing the AH, but simple economics dictate that in order for someone to be successful at this, most other people have to not be.

For most people, making 1K gold an hour is pretty good going. Given that goldsellers tend to sell gold at about $1 per 1K of gold, there is an economic argument to be made that it is more time efficient to buy gold if you are earning more than $1 per hour.

I was actually being sarcastic over the fact that Boss reward and bonus rewards is usually gold vs anything worthwhile. in My last LFR only 2 of the 25 pple got anything.
    I mean, i mainly do LFR more for the VP capping but still for those wanting gear, would be nice to have a higher chance vs waiting in queue and then a whole week to possible get something.

You underestimate the laziness of the WoW community :P

10+ Year Old Account
    On Topic: After 8 years, it is unlikely that Gold Sellers will ever truly leave the game (your sarcasm was not lost on me, I promise )

Slightly on Topic: It made me think of this -

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    You underestimate the laziness of the gaming community :P
    It goes for any game, and anything for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I doubt it.

People buy gold because they are too lazy to put in the time needed to grind the gold. LFR, with 3 bosses, takes half an hour (minumum) to net you what, 180g? That's a pretty inefficient way to make gold. Essentially spending $10 on 10K gold is the equivalent of spending 50 hours in LFR. Since time is money (friend), for a lot of people, gold for cash is going to be in demand.

PS: not that I personally advocate buying gold, just explaining why the demand exists.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:49 PM ----------

Not for most people. Every server has a small minority who make a ton of gold playing the AH, but simple economics dictate that in order for someone to be successful at this, most other people have to not be.

For most people, making 1K gold an hour is pretty good going. Given that goldsellers tend to sell gold at about $1 per 1K of gold, there is an economic argument to be made that it is more time efficient to buy gold if you are earning more than $1 per hour.
    I agree but every debate about gold always turns into a dick-swinging contest about how much people have and how they make a million gold per minute on AH

[QUOTE=Superman-BladesEdge;20562631]On Topic: After 8 years, it is unlikely that Gold Sellers will ever truly leave the game (your sarcasm was not lost on me, I promise )

OMG am in tears laughing at that comic strip

That comic is epic lol

Deleted
    LFR? I don't even know what that is, can someone please explain?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a place where all of your hopes and dreams go to die.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    On Topic: After 8 years, it is unlikely that Gold Sellers will ever truly leave the game (your sarcasm was not lost on me, I promise )

Slightly on Topic: It made me think of this -
    HAHA, same! I was wondering if someone would post this!

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG am in tears laughing at that comic strip
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    HAHA, same! I was wondering if someone would post this!
    The minute I saw the thread, this jumped in my head. I'm glad others found some enjoyment from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    can we stop with the LFR QQ i got gold again threads?

Last week Wednesday someone made post to the official forums about not getting loot from the first ToT LFR part. Seriously one week out the guy didnt get any loot so he went to whine that he got only gold. Now I've had unlucky streaks but that is just the way the loot system works. Today I ran all the LFR's with my Alt and got like 6-7 items.
    Loot has always been on RNG and seriously its not that bad. You are incredibly unlucky if you run all the LFR's couple weeks in row without any loot. What would be the point if you get your gear on first kills and then sit with your gear until the next content patch?
    Just saying that the game has had this system 8 years and now they even give bonus rolls and there's so many tears flowing that we could make fukken seas with em'.

Why didn't they put any BoEs in ToT, they really did a pathetic job this time around when it comes to BoEs compared to say Firelands which was amazing if you wanted to get gear for alts and to stimulate some economic activity. Engineers/JCers don't even have epic patterns yet, which is completely unfair from a profession point of view. If you want to gear a newly leveled character you really are forced into a very narrow path when it comes to gearing options, that that path continuously throws RNG blocks at you (hello wasting 10+ coin rolls trying to get the gun from LFR Lei Shi on a hunter).

Maybe they should give you the option of using 1 to 3 coins on rolls, and each coin used gives a +25% chance for a loot drop, it would help fix issues where you have a ridiculous loot drought for a critical slot (like a weapon or trinket slot) for an entire tier of raiding. Im sure there are many guilds out there where you had a ridiculous situation like killing H Elegon for a few months and only having 1 Bottle drop.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Oh how you have no idea how wow related business works.....
    The gold selling is so obscenely high, that the 1k has reached the lowest price so far ( 0.1$ per 1k ). If anything, the gold demand is higher than ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    can we stop with the LFR QQ i got gold again threads?
    You're welcome to overlook them and not bother opening them to comment if they bother you so much.