Thread: Lei Shen help

Deleted

Lei Shen help

Unfortunately I don't have logs, but we're wiping to one specific mechanic over and over in the first transition. I'm on one sector, so can't really focus on what others are doing.

Basically it goes like this: we start on north, get it to 80ish, others to 70ish, and last to 30-50~ and enter the transition.

We split into 4 sectors to soak the shit etc:

#1: tanks
    #2: me (holydin) and rogue
    #3: warrior eleshammy holy priest
    #4: huntard mistweaver mage

and then....static shock rapes us. Initially we had the priest and rogue alone together, but it was hitting them for 600k each, so I moved to the sector with 2 where I can bubble first and DP second...our sector seems okayish. But still, with 3 people soaking it's hitting like a truck (400k each). We're not the best geared in the world so probably all have around 400-430k hp buffed.

It just seems like a ridiculous amount of damage from one mechanic? Especially as the dungeon journal indicates it should be 400k split between the players...

Initially we started with 90~ energy like the fatboss guide and just took the others to 80 ish, then had the idea that energy buffed dmg of static shock, so took the first to 70-80~ and others lower, spending a lil time between pylons and just aoe healing if needed for the dps'rs....but it still hits like a truck.

Basically, what are we missing for the transition phase?

Conduits level up once at the start of transitions. If you brought static shock to 80 energy before the transition, it'd be level 2+80 energy in the transition. That'd be 280% damage, or 1.12M split between the targets hit.

One way to deal with that is CDs, obviously, though you'll be getting two sets of two during the transition so you'd need to plan around that. Another way to lower the damage is to have the conduit at lower energy, either by doing better DPS or having the boss spend more time away from pillars (you can move him out for a few seconds and back in at a pillar, as long as you don't line it up with thunderstruck it's not too threatening). Finally, you could just have each tank take a corner and have two groups of 4 dealing with static shock; the tanks won't always be able to soak every ball, but 1-2 adds shouldn't kill them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Conduits level up once at the start of transitions. If you brought static shock to 80 energy before the transition, it'd be level 2+80 energy in the transition. That'd be 280% damage, or 1.12M split between the targets hit.

One way to deal with that is CDs, obviously, though you'll be getting two sets of two during the transition so you'd need to plan around that. Another way to lower the damage is to have the conduit at lower energy, either by doing better DPS or having the boss spend more time away from pillars (you can move him out for a few seconds and back in at a pillar, as long as you don't line it up with thunderstruck it's not too threatening). Finally, you could just have each tank take a corner and have two groups of 4 dealing with static shock; the tanks won't always be able to soak every ball, but 1-2 adds shouldn't kill them.
    Thanks for this; last idea sounds very viable! In fact, really helpful post all round, cheers

Your rogue can cloak one of the static shocks. I (rogue) am usually in a quad with just the pally tank and I cloak the first static shock--if there happens to be a second one, I feint (w elusiveness) and he gives me sac. I get knocked down to about 40% health. That could allow you to move to one of the other quadrants and use your CDs there. That frees up the tank to go grab adds off of people in neighboring quadrants if necessary.

ETA: staying outside the pillars is very useful for not getting energy too high on the pillars--just be sure to save some raid CDs for it!
    Last edited by rayanne; 2013-03-19 at 05:57 PM.

Hi. You should put your hunter and rogue at one side of their own. That's what we do and it works perfect. (atleast for the first transition). Hunter deterrence the static shock and the rogue can do it themselves aswell. Healthstones will keep them up if they get chain lightning.

Deleted
    tanks
    #2: me (holydin) and rogue
    #3: warrior eleshammy holy priest
    #4: huntard mistweaver mage

groups that stack up
    #1 Tank, paladin, eleshaman ----- if tank gets it, he can most likely survive with their best CDs (eg warrior with laststand+shieldwall.. DK with AMS+icebound) in this case u dont need to stack... same with a paladin, he can just bubble.
    #2 tank, priest (disc would be better), warrior ----- again, tank can prob do solo, but if its priest/warrior... use CD for 1st like rallying cry, and 2nd personal CDs (if u was disc, u could use spirit shell for 1st and bubble for 2nd, thats normally wot we do)

groups that soak solo with CDs:
    #3 mage + mistweaver (mage can iceblock/gr8er invs... monk can diffuse magic/zen medi)
    #4 hunter + rogue (hunter can deterance, rogue can cloak, if ur unluck enough to get it 2x in a row, u both have move speed increase to run to the grp of 3s to create a grp of 4)

Im normally the solo soak healer (druid iceblock)... so in this case its the monk... u should assign him to run over to the hunter/rogue grp to heal and top them off in between soaks, just make sure he gets bk to his side quickly before the stun thing comes. Normally ill wait for the shock to happen, then run over to them, put some hots on them, then run bk rdy for the AOE stun thing.... but rly the rogue/hunter can prob survive w/o heals ne way
    Last edited by mmoc85d461a018; 2013-03-19 at 06:50 PM.

Immunities are key for this. You can solo soak a shock with: Rogue's cloak, hunter's deterrence, mage's ice block, pally bubble. Our rogue was also able to soak with feint with the tier 3 talent Elusiveness (50% reduction from feint and 30% reduction on top of that for 80% reduction).

Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    Immunities are key for this. You can solo soak a shock with: Rogue's cloak, hunter's deterrence, mage's ice block, pally bubble. Our rogue was also able to soak with feint with the tier 3 talent Elusiveness (50% reduction from feint and 30% reduction on top of that for 80% reduction).
    Feint + Elusiveness is actually just 65% Reduction (50% + 30%(50%)). But depending on the strength of the spark and the health pool of the rogue, they may very well die. You will most likely need an external CD rolling on the rogue at the same time in order for them to survive. As an example from before, I use the tank's sac and I can survive with just feint.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    groups that soak solo with CDs:
    #3 mage + mistweaver (mage can iceblock/gr8er invs... monk can diffuse magic/zen medi)
    #4 hunter + rogue (hunter can deterance, rogue can cloak, if ur unluck enough to get it 2x in a row, u both have move speed increase to run to the grp of 3s to create a grp of 4)
    If you had the hunter and the rogue together, why would they ever need to run to the group next door to soak with 4? Each class can take one SOLO, so one person calls the first one, and if there happens to be another one, the other person takes it. No need to waste an immunity by having you both stand in one together.
    Last edited by rayanne; 2013-03-19 at 10:43 PM.

Either phase it more quickly or delay going to static shock, keep its energy low.

It was destroying us on 25-man too. Like 5-6 people stacked and all getting one shot.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-03-19 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rayanne View Post
    If you had the hunter and the rogue together, why would they ever need to run to the group next door to soak with 4? Each class can take one SOLO, so one person calls the first one, and if there happens to be another one, the other person takes it. No need to waste an immunity by having you both stand in one together.
    What part about "if you're unlucky enough to get it 2x in a row" don't you understand? Hunter and Rogue can solo soak one (as you said). If they get it a 2nd time they need to divide the damage, thus run to a group. You don't "choose to take it", you get debuffed by it and have to deal with it.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2013-03-19 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    What part about "if you're unlucky enough to get it 2x in a row" don't you understand? Hunter and Rogue can solo soak one (as you said). If they get it a 2nd time they need to divine the damage, thus run to a group. You don't "choose to take it", you get debuffed by it and have to deal with it.
    That was a little abrasive, but I will admit that I said a 'tard comment. I'm used to standing with a tank so I'm the only one who ever gets targeted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Either phase it more quickly or delay going to static shock, keep its energy low.
    They dont want to deal with static shocks in the second transision phase so they have the north pylon deactivate first.

we split our groups on the first tansision
    1# both tanks
    2# hpala, rogue
    3# spriest, warlock, rshaman
    4# priest,mage,warrior

but we decided to deactivate chain ligtning first and static shock was the last with around 30-40 energy and still they had to use every cd. On the Chance they get 2times 2 static shocks we had our rshaman run over and pop SLT in conjunction to self cd's

on the second transision we had our hpala move to group 3 and the rogue to group 4, so every group had 2 who could soak 1 staticshock alone.

It is important to note that every heal CD was poped in each transition phase.

@OP: i wish you good luck on lei shen and hope i could help

Static shocks are easy in the second transition once you have more people on each platform. I'd only try to disable static shock first if you're going for the achievement, it makes the first transition a lot harder.

I'd reccomend disabling bouncing bolt personally, makes everything very straightforward.

Deleted
    1st post helped us kill this nps. just killed with like 3 tries (still carrying our warrior doing 60k dps lol)

we just did grps of 4 4 1 1, used immunities when possible and gg. 1st time we passed first transition cleanly it feel over.

Cheers guys

Static shocks are easy in the second transition once you have more people on each platform. I'd only try to disable static shock first if you're going for the achievement, it makes the first transition a lot harder.

I'd reccomend disabling bouncing bolt personally, makes everything very straightforward.
    don't see that tbh; bouncing bolts take about 5 minutes to land lol.

few notes: monks can soak twice, mages can soak, palas can soak with bubble. just play smart.

Just saying what worked for us, got it in 4 attempts that way.

Why are ppl 3healing this in 10m? Our dmg made us skip last conduit first round and last phase is more or less a free kill.

Assuming you don't let it level up, afaik static shock works like this;

In the normal phase, it does 400k split among all players within X yards, in transition phases it does 400k per player in the square, split among those within X yards of the explosion. If you take 600k each on two players, that should mean that a third player was in the square. Either when the debuff is set, or when it explodes, not sure at what point it checks # of players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amonir View Post
    Why are ppl 3healing this in 10m? Our dmg made us skip last conduit first round and last phase is more or less a free kill.
    ye, forgot to mention we dropped to 2 healers for the kill

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    Assuming you don't let it level up, afaik static shock works like this;

In the normal phase, it does 400k split among all players within X yards, in transition phases it does 400k per player in the square, split among those within X yards of the explosion. If you take 600k each on two players, that should mean that a third player was in the square. Either when the debuff is set, or when it explodes, not sure at what point it checks # of players.
    Ehrm pretty sure it's not? Unless I'm horribly mistaken its 400k plus the energy level of the conduit. Rank 2 50 energy would be a 250% increase in damage.

For the transitions, our group put the tank with a soaker and then 3-3 in the other two. Makes the transitions quite easy, especially since we disable diffusion chain first.