Deleted

Affliction should have more survivability in PvP then other 2 specs ...

Simply becouse he needs more time to kill an enemy player then Destrucction or Demonology. Slow killers have to live longer than burst specs, otherwise there is no sense at all ...

"I like Affliction, so it should be the best."

demo isnt a burst spec. not is destruction really because you have to build up embers, afflic can also do a lot of damage in a short amount of time dont think your playing the spec right.

Well, in equal 483 malev gear, at 47% pvp power, my DK's dots do more damage then my lock as affliction. It's extremely good at applying pressure in rbgs and 5's teams but honestly, it has little to no burst value in pvp and is extremely weak. As a destro/demo lock, I have never lost to a affliction lock this expo in battlegrounds, rbgs, or arena. I would agree they need some better survivability, although as to what I cannot say.

I wish it would go back to having good self healing. I always felt that balanced out the poor damage, but now it is just useless as a solo class.

While I'm not happy with the state of affliction as a PvP spec there's one thing that people tent to forget, that our dots since 5.2 are almost conpletely safe from being dispelled and therefor protects other player's dots too. I recently started running Shadowcleave and it's a total mana draining dot-storm Dispelling our dots puts the enemy team at disadvantage, with the healer (and maybe another DPS) shut down for a couple of seconds from UA silence we just make a switch and mash the most vulnerable opponent down.

Aff is only good with an organized team, it sucks on anything else. Unless you have a dedicated healer, forget speccing for Aff in BG's because you will get plowed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Aff is only good with an organized team, it sucks on anything else. Unless you have a dedicated healer, forget speccing for Aff in BG's because you will get plowed.
    this ^^ cant believe how bad Aff is in Bgs atm,, even in a 1v1 situ its awful ;p may aswell have a sign above ya head "Farm your Honor here" lol
    Destro is the way to go it seems but i find destro rather boring..
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Wow, ignore these guys. Affliction is fine in random BGs, and fine in 1v1 situations. Learn to play the spec better, and you will do fine. Destro is great in organized RBGs for the big aoe dmg, other than that affliction can really hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need any more survivability since blizzard gave you instant dots + malefic grasp spam which basically quickly drains an enemies HP.

Try DA pvp with Manoroth Fury / hellfire. It's a lot of fun and you won't die unless you have 3 coordinated players against you ^^

If you can't kill'em, tank'em!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    You don't need any more survivability since blizzard gave you instant dots + malefic grasp spam which basically quickly drains an enemies HP.
    I smell mage...
    OT: our dots are dispellable and malefic grasp is extremely easy to interrupt. While we can technically do a lot of damage, it just doesn't happen due those 2 reason.
    And really, having "damage" doesn't mean we ain't allowed to have survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Try DA pvp with Manoroth Fury / hellfire. It's a lot of fun and you won't die unless you have 3 coordinated players against you ^^

If you can't kill'em, tank'em!!
    And what exactly is the point of being bulky with absolutely no damage?
    All you do is delaying your death, since they'll keep going on you, or your partners while you are just standing there doing no damage :/

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    And what exactly is the point of being bulky with absolutely no damage?
    All you do is delaying your death, since they'll keep going on you, or your partners while you are just standing there doing no damage :/
    You actually dish out some damage if you're geared (often in top 5 with about 50% pvp power / 65% resil). Glyph of imps burst quite well if you go for it, but yes it takes twice as long to kill a geared player. On the other hand you can leap on wars or rogues and faceroll them while they try to down you. It's a matter of playstyle i guess. I prefer to be god mode with gimped damage and high mobility than a casting / siphoning lock dying in a charge ^^

Edit: this is for solo play. Not talking arena / rbg with pocket healer etc