Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would so abuse this for things they don't care about... soloing dungeons, old raids - just for fun stuff... bringing it to current content is a very bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutraqt View Post
    This is one of the pics, I can get another when servers come back up.

i.imgur.com/SjRKupw.png
    what i find interesting is the hunter is using a bug for ridiculous dps and a mage and druid are still beating them.

I think he dismissed it and it was used up to a certain point during the fight maybe. It is an old bug but like a hunter replied earlier in this thread, they could do it as well. So, if it has such low relevance, and with the evidence that blizzard doesn't seem concerned, what is the point of not using it? Blizzard is not considering it an exploit as of this date and tier, so it would not be cheating, it would be clever use of game mechanics??? (<<< being sarcastic btw) What did happen when the same bug was used tiers ago anyway?
    Last edited by Sutraqt; 2013-03-20 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow. RTS was in gig back in cata and we lost realm first heroic Deathwing to the guild Newbee using x2 bugged silithids
    they would retain http://www.wowhead.com/spell=8599

You think he would know better, but I guess he took the stance of can't beat them, join them, so dirty, keep cheating where it belongs in fps and away from mmos
    Sig by Safhira

since they used a hunter pet bug too, did blizzard do anything about it?

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 02:24 PM ----------

I mean, call me crazy, but if blizzard didn't care about the deathwing kills with bugs, I doubt they will care about using something very similar for this tier ya know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope blizz did nothing at all.
    Funny thing thought, while I looking into as I went though the logs of every guild on Barthilas that I could find and every chinese/SG guild was using this exploit, seems that there were very few legit guilds on barthilas most of the guild put in tickets but nothing happened.

Not sure if it was blizz not caring in general or not caring about oceanic region.
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Nope blizz did nothing at all.
    Funny thing thought, while I looking into as I went though the logs of every guild on Barthilas that I could find and every chinese/SG guild was using this exploit, seems that there were very few legit guilds on barthilas most of the guild put in tickets but nothing happened.

Not sure if it was blizz not caring in general or not caring about oceanic region.
    Blue Label represent. After I transferred to Barth back in Firelands I could never get over the how many scummy guilds were on the server. Biggest culprit being Astral Projection and their 50 spin off guilds.
    Last edited by Desh; 2013-03-19 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    I think he dismissed it and it was used up to a certain point during the fight maybe. It is an old bug but like a hunter replied earlier in this thread, they could do it as well. So, if it has such low relevance, and with the evidence that blizzard doesn't seem concerned, what is the point of not using it? Blizzard is not considering it an exploit as of this date and tier, so it would not be cheating, it would be clever use of game mechanics??? What did happen when the same bug was used tiers ago anyway?
    It's still an exploit, its not clever use of game mechanics, if it was, blizzard wouldn't have fixed it earlier...
    You would be cheating, but from the tone of your post, i have a feeling you need it.
    Care to link armory since blizzard wont care ?

Grabs popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    It's still an exploit, its not clever use of game mechanics, if it was, blizzard wouldn't have fixed it earlier...
    You would be cheating, but from the tone of your post, i have a feeling you need it.
    Care to link armory since blizzard wont care ?

Well here is my armory, I am not sure why you would want that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traqt/advanced

And, no I do not need a hunter dps pet to increase my healing. I am sorry you read my "tone" wrong and assumed I did. But assuming always leads to you making an as..... well you know the old saying

My point from that quote is that if blizzard isn't going to do anything about it, and it is an exploit, then who is to stop others from doing it? It has already been done multiple times on heroic progression with several guilds, but like the guy said in the previous post, blizzard doesn't seem to care. And some guilds don't care if it is cheating, as long as they get away with it, they are content. I have no intentions of using it myself. Not like I could as a holy priest anyway. The bug is so old, I wondered if it was still considered a bug at all. It has been fixed apparently, but still some hunters in the game can use this mechanic.

Now let's see your armory?
    Last edited by Sutraqt; 2013-03-19 at 04:54 PM.

If you have to ask, it's probably cheating.

It is cheating lol. But I have no clue why Blizzard doesn't mind guilds getting kills by cheating. They make huge deals outta other exploits, but have done nothing about it for deathwing or ToT with the hunter pets. I wish they would give a straight answer as to why they decided to take no actions when they were aware via ingame tickets. I am just trying to figure out their reason for ignoring it I guess. The only thing that I could think of was the fact that it is such an old bug. They have combat logs themselves and can see everything. It's not like they can't see that it was used, it's more like they turned a blind eye to it.

It makes the game unfair, and in turn, makes it not fun at all.
    Last edited by Sutraqt; 2013-03-19 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    I mostly wanted to see if you were a hunter and/or in one of the oc guilds...

The tone i read(and still is), is that your looking for someone to approve/condone the use of exploiting.
    Weather its you personally or your guild doesn't matter much cept the later is worse.
    You can give any argument you want, but its been fixed in the past and bans have been handed out, why would it be ok now ?

It probably sucks suit up is beating you unfair(if they are,i dont care) but thats no reason to make excuses and do the same shit yourself...
    Its the same mentality most top guilds used during the lfr exploit, well, everyone is doing it, so it must be ok.

Since you're not even arguing that it is an exploit and your main selling point is that everyone else is doing it, there's not much more to add :-/

Ehm, sure i guess.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uella/advanced

The tone i read(and still is), is that your looking for someone to approve/condone the use of exploiting.
    Weather its you personally or your guild doesn't matter much cept the later is worse.
    You can give any argument you want, but its been fixed in the past and bans have been handed out, why would it be ok now ?

It probably sucks suit up is beating you unfair(if they are,i dont care) but thats no reason to make excuses and do the same shit yourself...
    Its the same mentality most top guilds used during the lfr exploit, well, everyone is doing it, so it must be ok.

Since you're not even arguing that it is an exploit and your main selling point is that everyone else is doing it, there's not much more to add :-/

Ehm, sure i guess.

No I am not looking for a forum thread to tell me, a holy priest, if it is okay to cheat. I am looking for the reason why blizzard ignores these exploits and doesn't others.

I never said I was going to do it, as a holy priest.

I am not arguing that it is an exploit. You suck at understanding. I am sorry for that. But until the all knowing santa666 can tell me why blizzard doesn't take action about this, or give maybe an idea as to why, then I really don't care what you post.

You seem to like to argue, more then be constructive from your "tone".

Ehm, sure i guess.

No I am not looking for a forum thread to tell me, a holy priest, if it is okay to cheat. I am looking for the reason why blizzard ignores these exploits and doesn't others. I confirmed that this is a exploit, now the next step is to find out why nothing is being done about it.

I am not arguing that it is an exploit. You suck at understanding. I am sorry for that. But until the all knowing santa666 can tell me why blizzard doesn't take action about this, or give maybe an idea as to why, then I really don't care what you post.

Also, it is not just ONE oc guild that has done it, and it is not just ONE HC boss it has been done to. So, this isn't about me being upset about any guild beating me, obviously Paragon is topping once again, so no one but them have world #1.

I ask because players are using it and nothing is being done? I wonder why? Trying to figure out why? Like is it special in some way that blizzard just ignores it?

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:48 PM ----------

Ehm, sure i guess.

No I am not looking for a forum thread to tell me, a holy priest, if it is okay to cheat. I am looking for the reason why blizzard ignores these exploits and doesn't others. I confirmed that this is a exploit, now the next step is to find out why nothing is being done about it.

Also, it is not just ONE oc guild that has done it, and it is not just ONE HC boss it has been done to. So, this isn't about me being upset about any guild beating me, obviously Paragon is topping once again, so no one but them have world #1.

thought i would post here as well

Deleted
    Maybe i suck at understanding, but read your own posts and tell me that isnt true for you aswell then ?

You keep bringing up that you're a holy priest, i get it, but you still put on a view on the subject that i dislike, and that is cheating is ok.
    No one knows why blizzard is so damn inconsistent in these matters, so noone can give you an answer but blizzard themselves...

And again it doesn't matter how many does it, still doesn't make it right.
    But i fully agree, blizzard's inconsistency on these matters is laughable at best..

To show people your attitude, this is what he left out in a pm to me:
    My main selling point is not arguing, so your just being stupid there, again....GL on NORMAL TORTOS, heard that boss is pretty difficult.
    You're full of cheapshots arent you, but you dont want to argue...
    I raid 1-2 days / week now lol.

But to humor yourself, go compare our dates from when i was raiding, early T14, whole of T13, i killed shit faster than you...yet that doesn't magically make my arguments better....go figure...
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-03-19 at 06:07 PM.

sry i forgot to retype that as i added that into your message because the forums wouldn't let me post just yet.

ya you are being a JERK about it.

you are more quick to attack myself, then actually what is going on.

i have not cheated, never have, never will.

i am looking for answers and getting help from others with similar stories or experiences.

I dislike cheating too douche.

Obviously, I made a post wondering why players are getting away with it.

More like, what makes that exploit special the and LFR one not? What is the difference.

Stop making it out like I enjoy cheating all day every day all I do is CHEAT.

You are a jerk mk.

ps
    you seem very sensitive about tortos. don't attack a person and expect them not to say anything to you back. if you cant handle stuff like that then dont say stuff like you did. comparing dates, looks like paragon beat you on every boss kill you have ever recorded... ever. too bad i raided off and on for years and have only done mostly casual up to this tier.
    Last edited by Sutraqt; 2013-03-19 at 06:32 PM.