Pet Bug on Durumu - hunters, mages and dk's confirmed

Last night my guild downed Durumu. However, there was a lot of frustration with our pets randomly despawning and having to be called back out. This happened with my hunter, Skylerwolf - Illidan, our Mage and our Dk ghoul. Our lock was not there last night so unknown if would happen to them. But at random times in the fight our pets just vanished. They did not die as we did not have to Rez. We were not out of range as it occurred 20 seconds in when lusting as we were all close to boss and it also happened during the running around purple haze phase. Curious if others have had this occurr and or if Blizz aware.
    Last edited by SkylerD; 2013-03-19 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    I too had this problem as a hunter. Again, my pet wasn't dying or leaving range, it was just despawning. We had a theory that maybe the knockback effect was hitting it, but we quickly quashed that.

Luckily I have a "you don't have a pet, fool!" warning, so I was able to respawn relatively quickly as necessary!

We've killed it twice and for us everything was fine (2 x hunter and 2 x mage).

I had this problem as well on the pull, running up close to the best at the pull seemed to fix it.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Try using a different pet. For me that bug did happen when using my wolf but not with my tiger.

hm, I didnt have any trouble with my pets on my shaman. the talented, fully controllable ones.

Attack the boss from behind or stay in melee range and it'll never despawn. He has a huge hitbox and if you're standing at max range in front of him, your pet will be out of range of you, causing it to despawn. It still should be fixed though. There are a couple threads in bug report forum about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Attack the boss from behind or stay in melee range and it'll never despawn. He has a huge hitbox and if you're standing at max range in front of him, your pet will be out of range of you, causing it to despawn. It still should be fixed though. There are a couple threads in bug report forum about it.
    Thanks. Yeah we did down it and moved on but never could put our finger on the exact mechanic causing the despawn. It wasn't a type of pet issue I was using Loq. Likely just buggy from hit box although I was near Mele on many occasions when he despawned. Either way glad not the only one and that Blizz is aware. Now they should fix it. Bad memories of heroic ds deathwing pathing issues in my mind. Lol. Thanks all.

Thanks for posting this - I meant to ask about this a few weeks ago but forgot. I have the same problem and was perplexed why it didn't happen every time.

Deleted
    Not a bug, his hitbox is simply so large so that when you tank pulls your pet will run to his backside which is too far away from you if you stay on the outer edge.

Either attack sooner so your pet stays roughly in the middle or move just a little bit closer. Past the first pull this doesn't happen anymore because your pet will be much closer to him.

Its about knockback that boss does. Pet get knocked off platform and you have to summon it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Its about knockback that boss does. Pet get knocked off platform and you have to summon it again.
    No.

I just found that standing closer to boss solved the issues for me.

It's definitely from outranging the pet if you're standing at the entrance. As a hunter, you should be starting on the otherside anyways, imo, unless it's heroic and you don't want to be separated by ice walls. Just standing in closer, even at the entrance, will solve the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's definitely from outranging the pet if you're standing at the entrance. As a hunter, you should be starting on the otherside anyways, imo, unless it's heroic and you don't want to be separated by ice walls. Just standing in closer, even at the entrance, will solve the problem.
    I can confirm that.

I will try that this week.. My god that was annoying when he despawned last week and I was playing BM.. Right in the middle of my opener.. ugh