Did Blizzard change the way boe's work?

On two occasions now i've noticed that people have ninja'd boe items that they couldn't necessarily use and not only that but the confirmation box for loot no longer appears when you click need.

They may have been able to need on it, but they will be very upset to learn that if this was in a dungeon or scenario it will bind the item to them. Have seen this a few times at least giving you the satisfaction, that they are stuck with an item to either DE or vendor if they cant use it.

Ahh okay. This was in lower level dungeons which nobody including Blizzard probably care too much about but I found it strange either way.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yeah, I unfortunately discovered this. I was rolling Need on a BoE for an alt (with permission from the group) not once, but TWICE before I realized that they were binding to me.

And I also rolled need on some green pieces of transmog gear I was going to auction for ridiculous prices. >_>' The loss of those hurt me the most, especially since I couldn't transmog them for myself.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahaha, happy ninjaing!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side