Deleted

Loshan. terror incarnate vs Athame of the sanguine ritual

Hello guys.

Yester day i achived to get the dagger named Athame of the sanguine ritual and i thought it would be better than Loshan. terror incarnate upgraded 2/2 with sha gem and extra gem slot. But when i run it though simcraft with each weapon and only the weapon as a difference i get an difference of 5-6 k dps in favor of the sword.

this confuses me alot since the dagger give me like 1k more SP and more secondary stats.

Is there a bug in simcraft with the dagger or what is causing this?

If simcraft is right could someone please explain me why?

Alexis

Deleted
    Is the dagger enchanted in the sims, and did you add the extra socket to the dagger aswell?

Are you human by any chance? Humans get a 1% hit bonus from swords which might be scewing the results. Did you attatch the extra gem socket to the dagger?

Provided both the sword and dagger are both the normal versions, Athame of the Sanguine Ritual should be substantially better.

Deleted
    Forgot about the extra gem slot. But i added that and did a resim and the differnece is still 5k dps in favor of the sword. And as far as i can see the dagger is encahnted with jade spirit in the simcraft.

And im a gnome which give 1% expertise to daggers/swords so it should be the same.

i really dont get it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Are you human by any chance? Humans get a 1% hit bonus from swords which might be scewing the results. Did you attatch the extra gem socket to the dagger?

Provided both the sword and dagger are both the normal versions, Athame of the Sanguine Ritual should be substantially better.
    Substantially? No. Ritual dagger is an upgrade. But not as big as you think. A 2/2 Loshan is going to have 200 more intellect than the dagger. The dagger is going to have around 1300 more spellpower. And a little more secondaries. I wouldn't call it a substantial upgrade. Honestly, I would wait for at least a thunderforged version to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Substantially? No. Ritual dagger is an upgrade. But not as big as you think. A 2/2 Loshan is going to have 200 more intellect than the dagger. The dagger is going to have around 1300 more spellpower. And a little more secondaries. I wouldn't call it a substantial upgrade. Honestly, I would wait for at least a thunderforged version to upgrade.
    You wouldn't call a ~4-5K DPS increase a substantial upgrade?

So what you're saying is... it's a substantial upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonarc View Post
    You wouldn't call a ~4-5K DPS increase a substantial upgrade?
    You can knock about 1000 off of that from the int on the sword. But considering how much dps raiders are doing in ToT, a 3-4k increase isn't what I would call substantial.

Based on my stat weights Int = 5, SP = 4, I'm pretty sure that works out to 4000 DPS. That's a ~3% DPS increase and probably the largest increase you'll see from any single upgrade.

And at OP, are you comparing Normal Athame to Heroic or Normal Loshan? Because my sims are showing Athame to be a 4.2K DPS gain over normal Loshan, but a 200 DPS loss compared to Heroic Loshan. I think you might have your results flipped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonarc View Post
    Based on my stat weights Int = 5, SP = 4, I'm pretty sure that works out to 4000 DPS. That's a ~3% DPS increase and probably the largest increase you'll see from any single upgrade.

And at OP, are you comparing Normal Athame to Heroic or Normal Loshan? Because my sims are showing Athame to be a 4.2K DPS gain over normal Loshan, but a 200 DPS loss compared to Heroic Loshan. I think you might have your results flipped.
    Its and normal loshan with 2/2 upgrad vs a normal dagger

Deleted
    But considering how much dps raiders are doing in ToT, a 3-4k increase isn't what I would call substantial.
    3-4k is pretty huge in terms of gear upgrades, no other single upgrade is going to provide that much, it's around tier bonus level upgrade unless I'm mistaken (possibly better, afflictions is garbage in certain situations).

Deleted
    I got a friend to do the exact same simcraft for me and it showed a whole different kind of numbers.

he got the dagger to do 4k more dps than the sword.

So i geuss my simcraft is eaither bugged or outdate or something

Thx alot for helping though

Alexis

Deleted
    You can knock about 1000 off of that from the int on the sword. But considering how much dps raiders are doing in ToT, a 3-4k increase isn't what I would call substantial.
    Wipe 4 times on 0.001% Tortos HC, then you'll change your mind.