Thread: Status on PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadinglight View Post
    Shadow wasn't left overpowered... insanity may seem strong but we have to give up any consistent damage in order to pick up the talent. We took survivability nerfs, glyph nerfs, and atm we're not very strong in RBGs, or at least I'm not, I do shit damage. However in arenas we do a lot of damage, you try channeling minflay during insanity and every time getting locked out or LoSd.
    Every caster has to deal with that, but even if they're being trained Spriests provide a crap ton of utility, which you can't say for other casters.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post20564377

My biggest gripe atm. Solar beam (debuff stays until you've been outside the beam for 2 seconds, then you get gripped back in by vortex, effectively making it a 10 second AoE silence that can't be trinketted or otherwise avoided.)

Oh, oh, oh, another thing. Holy paladins being able to CC people for 20 seconds is waaaaaaaaaaaay f***ing retarded. Repent/Hammer/blind. No dedicated healer should have that kind of CC.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-03-20 at 07:58 AM.

There are some very valid points in this thread. Having already achieved Glad/Warlord I have to wonder why I still play this game with the state it's in.

Deleted
    The developers stated that
    "PvP will likely never be completely balanced, as there are so many specs and different PvP situations that it is impossible.
    PvP could be fairly well balanced with six or seven specs, but then the rest of the classes and specs would feel left out. This means the idea balance point right now is making sure that everyone can compete at some level"

Those 2 lines say it all. PVP will never be properly balanced and they are only focusing on some specs which of course are most played by users.
    Now for this patch imo they focused on warriors arms mainly, rogues, monks, uh dk, frost mages and maybe hunters and priests because these classes got the most changes.
    I ask you this do those classes look balanced to you?

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Rogues have really bad mobility right now. They get a few seconds of opener where they're really strong, and then they're probably the most easily peeled class in the game.
    Have you tried speccing into Shuriken Toss?

Thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post20564377
    Oh, oh, oh, another thing. Holy paladins being able to CC people for 20 seconds is waaaaaaaaaaaay f***ing retarded. Repent/Hammer/blind. No dedicated healer should have that kind of CC.
    I agree with this 100000000% I sat in a arena against a holy pal/Ww monk and the holy pally had me cc'd the entire game I had maybe 4-5 casts off before my partner died

Quote Originally Posted by chrono666 View Post
    10+ second instant cast cc chains that you are guaranteed to die in are a regular thing. So there is that.
    Said the feral druid never.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Have you tried speccing into Shuriken Toss?

Thank me later.
    Yeah, because from what I see ST does comparable damage to dumping energy into hemos (i.e. the worst sustained damage in the game). It can fill CPs which is helpful, and that interacts too well with deadly throw which is imbalanced (assuming you can sacrifice nerve strike/CR), but STs damage component isn't particularly strong. I'm not saying rogues are bad; I actually said the opposite, but doing some damage instead of zero damage doesn't mean you aren't peeled.

PvP = Loss of controll then press attack number 1... then loose controll of ur char for 20 more seconds then die then repeat...

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Well tbh, its still a whole lot of fun!

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    [url]Holy paladins being able to CC people for 20 seconds is waaaaaaaaaaaay f***ing retarded. Repent/Hammer/blind. No dedicated healer should have that kind of CC.
    Did some arena's last night and I swear repent seems like it has a really long cast now, I had enough time to spam a few instants and still blaze out of range :S

It was pretty bad early MoP. Getting better though.
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Instant, unavoidable CC is everywhere.
    there will always be the OP class and flavor, but this is the current part of pvp that has EVERYONE angry, not just specific classes. wait except mages. nvm. rogues can also stun lock you until the end of the world this patch also. and disc priests still have mana issues. other than that i have no issues so far this season.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 01:21 AM ----------

Did some arena's last night and I swear repent seems like it has a really long cast now, I had enough time to spam a few instants and still blaze out of range :S
    it is, got nerfed from 1.5 to 1.7, blinding light is not instant anymore either, went to 1.5 cast. it was op though. ask any holy pally and they'll admit it. i thought it was op and i kinda liked it.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2013-03-21 at 01:22 AM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    The developers stated that
    "PvP will likely never be completely balanced, as there are so many specs and different PvP situations that it is impossible.
    PvP could be fairly well balanced with six or seven specs, but then the rest of the classes and specs would feel left out. This means the idea balance point right now is making sure that everyone can compete at some level"

Those 2 lines say it all. PVP will never be properly balanced and they are only focusing on some specs which of course are most played by users.
    Are you reading it? They said PvP will never be balanced BUT COULD BE if they focused on a few specs. This means that they are trying to get the majority of specs into some sort PvP...not "only focusing on some specs which of course are most played by users"

As well as this, you think they are "focusing on some specs which of course are most played by users", erm no. They aren't. They are focusing on the specs which are LEAST played by users. Rogues were doing poorly and had low rep, so they got buffs, same as monks. In the eyes of blizzard, if a class has a high representation then they do not worry about balancing them, provided they aren't stupidly OP. By representation, I (and blizzard) mean how many players play the class, not how many of said class are in the arena/RBG ladders. That alone should worry alot of people, they are not balancing the game around the ladders, or completely around how much damage they do, but how many players are actually playing them. Some will say well thats just an MMO, and it is, but in the end you end up with PvP how it is now. Terrible. It might be fun for the people playing low rep classes that consistently receive buffs but if you think about it in reverse, the high rep classes/specs that are severely underpowered have a terrible time getting any attention. It works fine for a pve game but not PvP.

Now for this patch imo they focused on warriors arms mainly, rogues, monks, uh dk, frost mages and maybe hunters and priests because these classes got the most changes.
    I ask you this do those classes look balanced to you?
    No.