Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,021

    [Resto] Disappointed

    Anyone else disappointed with their resto druids? I did the new LFR last night and it seems like holy paladins and disc priests are just disgusting. Holy paladins are the new "absorb" healer and disc priests do significant healing while pulling 40k dps. I feel redundant in the 25 man LFRs and I think I'm holding my 10 man raid team back.

    And don't get me started on those damned mushrooms. They need to remove the GCD for placing them, then maybe, MAYBE they'll be worth the utter frustration I experience when using them.

  2. #2
    I think it depends on the group. I ran ToT LFR on my druid, who is sitting at a lame 482 ilvl and easily topped the meters above disc priests and pallies. Perhaps I'm a better player than them, I'm not sure... but I was happy with my output and I'm sure it will continue to improve with more ilvl.

    P.S. I also play Disc (ilvl 493).

  3. #3
    25 man druids are still kinda weak... but they are strong in 10 man imo

    check some of my logs vs a priest + shaman...

    2 man healing iron qon (disc priest)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...591#Deathruler

    3 healin twin (disc shaman druid)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...764#Deathruler

    3 healing magaera (disc shaman druid) - doin 10mil more healin than them here
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...533#Deathruler


    This just shows that druids healing is strong.... If i was healin with say 2x disc priests, or 2x paladin, my healing would obviously be a lot lower meter wise... but the strength of my healin is still there

    healing isnt always about meters... u should base it more on certain phases of the fight that require good healin.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    25 man druids are still kinda weak... but they are strong in 10 man imo

    check some of my logs vs a priest + shaman...

    2 man healing iron qon (disc priest)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...591#Deathruler

    3 healin twin (disc shaman druid)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...764#Deathruler

    3 healing magaera (disc shaman druid) - doin 10mil more healin than them here
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...533#Deathruler


    This just shows that druids healing is strong.... If i was healin with say 2x disc priests, or 2x paladin, my healing would obviously be a lot lower meter wise... but the strength of my healin is still there

    healing isnt always about meters... u should base it more on certain phases of the fight that require good healin.
    Your individual logs against your team doesn't mean anything. They could just be bad players.

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,021
    That's the problem. Your healing will be a lot lower with holy paladins and disc priests present because absorbs are always better. Everything we do is overwritten and negated because hots are slow as hell and nourish/non NS-HT is not worth casting.

    Now consider the dps provided by a disc priest and ask yourself why the hell you'd take a druid.

  6. #6
    Exactly what arcanist said . 25man rdruid is in bad shape for almost a year now .

  7. #7
    Mushrooms are extremely clunky right now. Especially since the 5.2 fights are heavy movement fights. I despise that you need to rebuild up your mushrooms when you change them locations. A quick fix might be to have mushrooms place a buff on us that increases their healing so that way we can move mushrooms around with ease.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Your individual logs against your team doesn't mean anything. They could just be bad players.
    Then your stupid, of course it means something.

    If the other healers are bad, it allows you to do more healing and really show what you can do.. the only reason disc priests and paladins do more healing, is not because they have more output than a druid.. because they dont... druids have pretty good output single and AOE healing. Priests and paladins heals just always come 1st.

    and again, this is from a 10 man view not 25

  9. #9
    Absorbs are far too strong this expansion. That's the issue. I agree that mushrooms need to be redesigned. They're nice for fights where you can plan ahead but the gcd needs to be removed.

  10. #10
    25 man perspective

    Paladins and priests definitely have the long end of the stick when it comes to healing -- Impressive throughput as well as very useful cooldowns/utility -- Everyone wants them. That said, I didn't expect to be topping the desirability list as a druid in 5.2, although I am perhaps a bit disappointed. I just think absorbs are a bit to powerful at this point, and they really detract from our usefulness. 10% buff to healing, and -9% rejuv mana cost are great, but really don't solve the core issue, which is overhealing because of sniping/absorbs from the other healers** (and it's not necessarily their fault, it's just how their shiz works). This has made us more of a niche healer that is much better suited for 10 man (I would also say shaman are niche, though they have arguably better utility - and are fantastic in stacking encounters). I don't have a problem with that, I just think it is silly that some healers have to deal with this fact, while others are just godly in every scenario.

    **Mushrooms were re-designed to address this issue, however, while full of potential once mastered, they are still quite awkward and very situational.

    Anywho, I love playing a druid and this isn't much of an issue to me, as I get to raid consistently with my guild and still put forth competitive healing. I do think that healer balance is a difficult concept though, and certainly isn't perfect - so any constructive input is worth getting out there.

  11. #11
    Resto Druids are in a good spot atm but they are overshadowed heavily by absorb classes. For example, if you have both a holy paladin and a disc priest healing in your raid, you're going to have a bad time (10m perspective).

  12. #12
    Druid can actually be quite strong in 10m, depending on the situations. 25m is where the real problem lies.

  13. #13
    Blademaster Juvenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    48
    You really can't judge our output in LFR. There isn't enough damage going out.
    I blog about Resto Druid stuff at WTS Heals.

  14. #14
    I also think druids a way better in a 10m environmnent vs 25man, but i also still believe we are not where we should be if you compare us with the shield absorbs Disc and Pally bring. Shrooms will have to be fix they said its to eleviate all our over healing but WTH will it help that i loose all the banked overhealing and i can't move the damn shrooms and loose everything in anycase....cant see the problem being addressed or solved.

  15. #15
    While i can't judge about 25man except for LFR (which on heavy damage fights i've got the best throughput), i can tell you that 10 man raiding without a shielding healer (i.e. Pala/Disc) i feel like the Rdruid is doing pretty great. Haven't felt really incapable yet. Maybe Wild Growth needs a redo for 25's? or maybe the overhealing of hots should convert into some shield?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    25 man druids are still kinda weak... but they are strong in 10 man imo

    check some of my logs vs a priest + shaman...

    2 man healing iron qon (disc priest)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...591#Deathruler

    3 healin twin (disc shaman druid)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...764#Deathruler

    3 healing magaera (disc shaman druid) - doin 10mil more healin than them here
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...533#Deathruler


    This just shows that druids healing is strong.... If i was healin with say 2x disc priests, or 2x paladin, my healing would obviously be a lot lower meter wise... but the strength of my healin is still there

    healing isnt always about meters... u should base it more on certain phases of the fight that require good healin.
    Comparing yourself to a Disc Priest who apparently forgets where the Spirit Shell button is most of the time. Good job.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Then your stupid, of course it means something.

    If the other healers are bad, it allows you to do more healing and really show what you can do.. the only reason disc priests and paladins do more healing, is not because they have more output than a druid.. because they dont... druids have pretty good output single and AOE healing. Priests and paladins heals just always come 1st.

    and again, this is from a 10 man view not 25
    But why would you then pick a druid over a priest or a paladin, who ABSORBS the damage before it happens, thus preventing oneshots? Considering druids needs the damage to happen. But yea, looking at your WOL, your disc isn't ranking, and your shaman is ranking sub-100, while you're ranking top 10. It's quite obvious that those healers are bad. If you were up against a top 10 disc, you wouldn't stand a chance. Shaman? Maybe. Paladin? No way.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    But why would you then pick a druid over a priest or a paladin, who ABSORBS the damage before it happens, thus preventing oneshots? Considering druids needs the damage to happen. But yea, looking at your WOL, your disc isn't ranking, and your shaman is ranking sub-100, while you're ranking top 10. It's quite obvious that those healers are bad. If you were up against a top 10 disc, you wouldn't stand a chance. Shaman? Maybe. Paladin? No way.
    your completely missing the point, the logs aint to show my e-pen... but to show that if a druid is allowed ... his healing output is still very good.

    theres a lot of fights where ppl are very spread out and SS isnt as strong as it used to be, yet having rejuvs tickin on ppl with SOTF WG is very strong


    im not argueing that paladin r still way stronger... im merely saying druids are a lot better than they were teir14.


    this is a druids roll, and always has been.. if u want a absorb class play a pala or priest

  19. #19
    Dreadlord Aquarela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    763
    On my realm nobody recruits druids. I always see guilds recruiting pala/priests/monks, but druids and shaman? nope.

    Nobody wants us

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    your completely missing the point, the logs aint to show my e-pen... but to show that if a druid is allowed ... his healing output is still very good.

    theres a lot of fights where ppl are very spread out and SS isnt as strong as it used to be, yet having rejuvs tickin on ppl with SOTF WG is very strong


    im not argueing that paladin r still way stronger... im merely saying druids are a lot better than they were teir14.


    this is a druids roll, and always has been.. if u want a absorb class play a pala or priest
    You kinda sound like 'because resto would be amazing if your fellow healers suck' they are still competitive.
    1 sample, from 1 specific raid setup won't prove anything. Try healing with a disc and a pala, you will feel useless, especially because pala's don't only have amazing absorbs they are also build to top people. Wich will work bad for druids, overhealing wise.

    I don't think anyone questions the potential strenght of resto druids, but if it doesn't show it is kinda pointless. The logs you show depends alot on what strat you use, if you kill blue on mageara that will automatically improve resto druids. How you are able to outheal a disc there is a riddle to me though, they can negate the damage from the rampage, i can only assume he lets you have some fun, or he is just really really bad.

    Iron qon and especially 3? healing twins is not even a sample, those bosses barely need healing.

    In the end we are in a better spot then t14, not sure why exactly since mushrooms are not that good on most fights. I can still keep up the once in a while i heal, although i lack alot of mastery because im MS dps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •