<Hunter MM> Mastery vs. Haste vs. Crit

Hello, fellow hunters.

In 5.2 patch, MM got much better and I guese you guys just like me either hate or atleast don't like the way BM is.

I have been doing some reseach and number-crunching, and I've come to the point that I really don't know what to pick. Even tho you number-crunch things, I personal think it's better to try out in the game, however I am not a guy with millions of gold. So I'm here hoping that some you guys have tried it out.

Mastery: I personally think this is alright. Like I have 36% chance to get an extra 80% Weapon damage. On the other side, is it really that good, since Hunters doesn't get much AP from agility.

Haste: In my reseach I found out that stacking Haste really wont help you focus regen that much. And the cast time on Aimed Shot and Powershot also didn't improve that great.

Crit: I normally hate crit, since it's about luck. I've got 17% crit chance, and if I stack crit it might increase to 22% (Can't remember since I don't have the numbers on me).

Now what do you guys use?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Failadinh View Post
    Hello, fellow hunters.

In 5.2 patch, MM got much better and I guese you guys just like me either hate or atleast don't like the way BM is.

I have been doing some reseach and number-crunching, and I've come to the point that I really don't know what to pick. Even tho you number-crunch things, I personal think it's better to try out in the game, however I am not a guy with millions of gold. So I'm here hoping that some you guys have tried it out.

Mastery: I personally think this is alright. Like I have 36% chance to get an extra 80% Weapon damage. On the other side, is it really that good, since Hunters doesn't get much AP from agility.

Haste: In my reseach I found out that stacking Haste really wont help you focus regen that much. And the cast time on Aimed Shot and Powershot also didn't improve that great.

Crit: I normally hate crit, since it's about luck. I've got 17% crit chance, and if I stack crit it might increase to 22% (Can't remember since I don't have the numbers on me).

Now what do you guys use?

Thank you.

concidering based on ur stats id say ur in ilvl 480 tops, and u my friend have really got to respecc to BM or surv, u wont do 1/3rd the same damage as any of those speccs with those stats,

crit is the best stat no matter what, especially for MM seeing as ur bleed is depending on crits. haste is ur 2nd best stat faster steadys and aimed is the way to go all the time.

the MM mastery is dog shit its acctualy 50% weaker then a regular auto attack so ye it does lol damage less damage then a serpent sting tic outside surv. its not worth stacking tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuraxde View Post
    concidering based on ur stats id say ur in ilvl 480 tops, and u my friend have really got to respecc to BM or surv, u wont do 1/3rd the same damage as any of those speccs with those stats,

crit is the best stat no matter what, especially for MM seeing as ur bleed is depending on crits. haste is ur 2nd best stat faster steadys and aimed is the way to go all the time.

the MM mastery is dog shit its acctualy 50% weaker then a regular auto attack so ye it does lol damage less damage then a serpent sting tic outside surv. its not worth stacking tbh
    I do play BM, But I really don't like it, it's boring and I'm almost falling asleep when playing it. I also did try Surv, havn't done any reseach tho. I like MM the most. And even tho you say MM Mastery is shit. I still do quite good, topping the damage done.

I see you suggest Crit before Haste. Guese I'll have to try it out.
    Last edited by Failadinh; 2013-03-18 at 11:05 AM.

I do play BM, But I really don't like it, it's boring and I'm almost falling asleep when playing it. I also did try Surv, havn't done any reseach tho. I like MM the most. And even tho you say MM Mastery is shit. I still do quite good, topping the damage done.

I see you suggest Crit before Haste. Guese I'll have to try it out.
    crit is ur highest valuble 2nd stat as any hunter specc, mastery and haste is kinda bad no matter what u specc, except MM benefits most from haste, surv beenfits most from mastery, and BM benefits about the same from both, but i think mastery is a little higher then haste for BM

crit is ur highest valuble 2nd stat as any hunter specc, mastery and haste is kinda bad no matter what u specc, except MM benefits most from haste, surv beenfits most from mastery, and BM benefits about the same from both, but i think mastery is a little higher then haste for BM
    So you're saying that MM is Haste --> Crit or the other way around?

So you're saying that MM is Haste --> Crit or the other way around?
    no im saying Crit is ur most valuble stat no matter what u specc as hunter, always ur stat prio should be crit > whatever, if its MM its crit > haste. surv its crit > mast (with exception if u got any of the new trinks then its crit > haste due to RPPM procks) and BM is crit > haste or mast unsure dont play it so boring to play

no im saying Crit is ur most valuble stat no matter what u specc as hunter, always ur stat prio should be crit > whatever, if its MM its crit > haste. surv its crit > mast (with exception if u got any of the new trinks then its crit > haste due to RPPM procks) and BM is crit > haste or mast unsure dont play it so boring to play
    Thank you, gonna try it out!

For MM, you want Crit -> Haste to a certain plateau -> Mastery -> Haste
    for more information on why this is, and what haste value you should aim for, check the elitistjerks.com thread for MM in the hunter section, a lot of math has been done.

However, from a practical standpoint, if you play other specs(and frankly, with a low item level, you'll likely see more damage with BM or SV), just go Crit -> Mastery -> Haste, because the other specs do not necessarily value the haste plateau like MM does.