Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You do realize that sociopathy isn't a recognized mental disorder, right?
    What point are you trying to prove here? You already failed and shitted on your point of "no treatment" then go and find something and say "minimally effective" as though that means "no treatment" which is untrue, which is what I stated. Quit arguing for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What point are you trying to prove here? You already failed and shitted on your point of "no treatment" then go and find something and say "minimally effective" as though that means "no treatment" which is untrue, which is what I stated. Quit arguing for the sake of it.
    Do you understand the rather complex topic of "danger to society"?

Quote Originally Posted by pnt View Post
    Somebody who would say something as demented and cruel as that is somebody who does not deserve freedom. He should be away from society for the rest of his natural life. Anyone who, using his words, gets sexual satisfaction from the fact that he ended human life/lives is beyond "help" in my opinion.
    He's not beyond help, but he is likely past the point where he can become an effective member of society. In jail I can't see him doing any good, in their for life with a personality like that he will likely end up killing people for the hell of it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 04:46 PM ----------

Do you understand the rather complex topic of "danger to society"?
    Exactly what point are you trying to make here? You are making assumptions to what I believe should happen with him now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being psycho does not mean you are incompetent to stand trial. The judge in this case determined that the defendant understands what's going on, despite any mental issues they may have.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Exactly what point are you trying to make here? You are making assumptions to what I believe should happen with him now.
    You are aware that mental patients are detained as long as they are a "danger to society", right? That is, of course, assuming he has a recognized mental disorder; which he does not. Therefore, the bastard is a legally sane convicted murder who for all I care can rot in the darkest hole they can find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Rehabilitation implies that they can be made to become an acceptable member of society. Someone with a sadistic psychosis that intense is not likely to be treatable (at least, not to an affective level). I agree that 'punishment' incarceration is inappropriate, but they need to be detained in a max-security mental hospital.
    I pretty much agree, just check my post, I edited it, realized I didn't say all I wanted to and went ahead to edit without realizing how active this thread is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I pretty much agree, just check my post, I edited it, realized I didn't say all I wanted to and went ahead to edit without realizing how active this thread is.
    Mental hospitals are for mental disorders, sociopathy is just deficiencies in a personality.

Let him rot for eternity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Yeah, threads with this kind of theme, at this kind of hour, are often pretty speedy. xD But, yeah, I agree with you on your edit.

Also, let's keep it civil and chilled, please, guys.

You are aware that mental patients are detained as long as they are a "danger to society", right? That is, of course, assuming he has a recognized mental disorder; which he does not. Therefore, the bastard is a legally sane convicted murder who for all I care can rot in the darkest hole they can find.
    The world health organization recognizes sociopathy as a mental disorder, grouped together with psychopathy and other mental disorders that are similar.

It's changed to "Antisocial personality disorder" and has the same symptoms.

Be able to act witty and charming

Be good at flattery and manipulating other people's emotions

Break the law repeatedly

Disregard the safety of self and others

Have problems with substance abuse

Lie, steal, and fight often

Not show guilt or remorse

Often be angry or arrogant
    This is from the National Library of Medicine.

It is a recognized disorder.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 04:52 PM ----------

Mental hospitals are for mental disorders, sociopathy is just deficiencies in a personality.
    It is a mental disorder, quit spreading misinformation.

Not enough IMO. Death Penalty for sure only option here. I cant believe people actually think that if he could be "Cured" he could be released? How is that even an option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Medically, sociopathy is equal to psychopathy, which is considered a disorder. Either way, it's not directly the individual's fault so it makes no sense to subject them to prison conditions. Call it what you will, but I'm for subjecting those kind of individuals to conditions of mental hospitals, since that's the next best thing that isn't cruel but works.

Oh, by the way, even if they aren't mentally ill, I'm still very sure of my belief in such a thing as "moral illness" so yeah, even if they aren't recognized as ill, the fact they can commit such crimes is enough for me to conclude they aren't normal (which isn't their own fault, which is why they can't be subjected to cruel needless conditions).

It is a mental disorder, quit spreading misinformation.
    Thankfully the law recognizes it doesn't impair the ability to discern the consequences of his actions; therefore he could tell the difference between right and wrong, he just chose to ignore it. Therefore he can be sent to prison, which is exactly where this piece of shit belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Not enough IMO. Death Penalty for sure only option here. I cant believe people actually think that if he could be "Cured" he could be released? How is that even an option?
    He can't be cured, I haven't seen anyone really say that. Life in jail is a bit much, jail is a bit much for that long. He will likely be a danger to the people that are in jail.

Locked away in a ward is where he belongs.

Locked away in a ward is where he belongs.
    Mental hospitals are only used when the defendant couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong. This is Criminal Law 101.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    He can't be cured, I haven't seen anyone really say that. Life in jail is a bit much, jail is a bit much for that long. He will likely be a danger to the people that are in jail.
    In jail he will be a danger to others? HAHAHAHAH!

I think that is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while...

This boy will get whipped into shape REAL quick by a few guys that are in jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Yeah, I don't know. Seems like teenage hormones on steroids when reading that vile response he made.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it wasn't enough. I wouldn't let this fucker sit in a prison cell for the rest of his natural life and suck up tax dollars, I'd be putting the axe to his head.

Mental hospitals are only used when the defendant couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong. This is Criminal Law 101.
    Not all the time, you have people who knew it was wrong to kill so and so, but because their imaginary buddy said they must, they did.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    In jail he will be a danger to others? HAHAHAHAH!

I think that is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while...

This boy will get whipped into shape REAL quick by a few guys that are in jail.
    Yes, but remember he is to be there FOR LIFE, unless they are going to kill him, he will be a danger to others.

Too bad they cant pay someone to finish this guy off in prison.