Sub rogue PVP. tell me what you think

Hey all. I'm making a video series to become a better rogue with the WoW communities help, basically I take a video of me doing some PVP post it on youtube and have you guys give me tips and advice on how to better myself I started doing this one week ago and I think I've improved a bit.

here is a video of me PVPing I took yesterday. If you need something to compare it to, you can click on my youtube name and check out the other sub PVP vid I uploaded 7 days ago. thanks for reading and watching! link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJi_fZ_Isjw

I moved this to the PVP forum as someone suggested. I don't know how to delete this thread soo... if anyone could tell me how that would be great
    Last edited by vickus420; 2013-03-20 at 05:53 AM.

Not bad.

Unimportant comment.
    I dislike your UI, its just got much going on. I like simply things, clear to the point, I run the base wow UI with minor changes.

Tid bits.

Change tab to find nearest enemy player (a camp a low level every time you tab target to a pet in all future vids, I wont be nice, it will last for days, I will follow them, watch them on the armory if they progress past 10, I will even add them so when I'm leveling my opposite faction characters I can see where they are and so on).
    Your music needs to die in a corner.
    You don't appear hit capped. Its 3%.(you missed the mage at the start of your vid)
    Use premed to get slice in dice up. Keep slice in dice up, like till the end of time.
    Backstabs to kill.... Hemo to build points....BACKSTAB DEM DRUIDS!
    If you plan on using KS on a target, at least during the first 20 seconds of a fight, then open with garrote ambush. (Some might not agree with that but yea, I like me full duration stun)
    When bursting healers set it up so that you have 5 CB (you seem to have MFD in this vid so if you not going change that it should be easy for you), a decent duration on SnD and pooled energy for shadowdance. I also like having rupture up even its its shity rupture for the damage bonus, then again I garrote a lot so it whatever.
    Stop overriding cheap shot with kidney shot.
    At about 6.30 or somewhere soon after you died to ranged yet premed and smoke bomb where seemingly both up. One of those could have been used for a clean escape.
    Also you were getting focused and you didn't use feint (it lowers the damage you take if you talented it), I'm assuming you have Elusiveness because you didn't proc cheat death and didn't have leeching poison up. When you are getting pounded use feint, it helps.
    No blind glyph.... you wasted blind at least once because of it seems. (on a priest I think, past the halfway mark)
    Stop letting SnD fall off... I seen it happen bro, don't deny it.
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-03-21 at 06:57 AM.

yeah I forgot to reforge a piece of gear to hit : / sometimes when I can't get behind my target I use hemo to do damage. It's hard to kill a squirrely warrior with backstab and you're only the second person to complain about my music ahah I consider that a good thing. In january when I made videos on my hunter for PVP ( on another youtuber account) people were complaining about me listening to tupac and biggie you can't please everyone I guess lol.

And I know I let SnD fall off, sometimes I'll get really into the game and forgot to glance down to see if it's still up. Working on that. And I've replaced my cheap shot glyph with the blind glyph that removes DoTs. Feint is also something I forget to use : / That's why I'm making these videos though, so people can point out extremely simple mistakes like that ahah. Working out well so far, I think I'm much better than I was last week.

I'm going to start a thread in general discussion or a poll if that's even possible to see what music people listen to mostly. OH and if you could tell me how I can make tab target nearest player I would appreciate it ALOT. I just tried googling it but can't find out where it is in the options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vickus420 View Post
    OH and if you could tell me how I can make tab target nearest player I would appreciate it ALOT. I just tried googling it but can't find out where it is in the options.
    You can do it in Interface > Bindings or alternatively download an addon like this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/retabbinder which will do it for you whenever your flagged for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMonkey View Post
    You can do it in Interface > Bindings or alternatively download an addon like this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/retabbinder which will do it for you whenever your flagged for pvp.
    You sir are amazing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 06:00 PM ----------

Your glyphs should be as follows.

Cheap Shot.
    Garrote.
    Blind.

Props for using pvp sounds. I use that too and it makes pvping so much more fun!

Side question for anyone who may know...at the start of the expansion, didnt SnD give 8 energy every 2 seconds as sub? I could have swore it did. I just recently noticed that its not the case anymore. Thoughts?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I agree! MASSACRE! > hearing that over and over pleases me. And as for your question sorry But I can't remember. At the start of the expansion I was very disappointed with how rogues were so I rerolled hunter ;_; I still regret it though. I came back to my rogue in january and realize they weren't all that bad. Now my hunter is gathering dust cutting gems and transmuting stuff while I play my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Props for using pvp sounds. I use that too and it makes pvping so much more fun!

Side question for anyone who may know...at the start of the expansion, didnt SnD give 8 energy every 2 seconds as sub? I could have swore it did. I just recently noticed that its not the case anymore. Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure it still does, no?

It still does for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    I'm pretty sure it still does, no?
    It used to say in the tooltip didnt it? I cant seem to find it anywhere.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    It used to say in the tooltip didnt it? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Energetic Recovery

It's a passive so it's crazy far back in the spell book.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrockks View Post
    Energetic Recovery

It's a passive so it's crazy far back in the spell book.
    I knew i seen it i just thought it was in the SnD tooltip. :-\ Thanks for pointing that out. It's actually been driving me crazy lol.
    My Youtube Channel