Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Did shit just get real? alleged chemical attacks in syria

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92I0A220130319

right now both sides are accusing the other of a chemical weapons attack. many big and local players have weighed in on potential chemical weapon use in syria, and now might have to back it up. is this the beginning of foreign involvement in syria? thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

If Assad did use it, expect shit to hit the fan.

Going to hold my tongue and be a skeptic about this till more proof comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Going to hold my tongue and be a skeptic about this till more proof comes out.
    about there being a chemical attack or you think a particular side is lying?
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Soldiers died so im gonna take an educated guess and say rebels (Saudi Wahhabists) used the weapons against the government. Dont worry though the media will spin the story for the government and off to war we go, just in time for an Euro Bank run.

Welcome to global fascism everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    according to Yahoo America is saying there was no chemical attack at all which i think is good.... means that regardless of which side used it we plan to stay neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, this whole middle east conflict thing CANNOT end well, especially with different foreign powers backing up different groups. Russia backs up Damascus and to some degree U.S. seems to be leaning towards the Rebels...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If Assad did use it, expect shit to hit the fan.
    He will be the one who used them anyways at the end of the day regardless of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    according to Yahoo America is saying there was no chemical attack at all which i think is good.... means that regardless of which side used it we plan to stay neutral
    that would be awesome
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Well Soldiers died so im gonna take an educated guess and say rebels (Saudi Wahhabists) used the weapons against the government. Dont worry though the media will spin the story for the government and off to war we go, just in time for an Euro Bank run.

maybe, as long as our government claims it never happened america will stay out of the war
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

You give Assad a lot of credit here. I would not put it past him to use the weapons on his own soldiers to make it look like the rebels did it. We will know more by how Assad reacts to this. If he in turn uses this as an "excuse" to start using chemical weapons in "defense." If this turns out to be an isolated event or not will also be something to keep an eye on.

I really don't understand what's so special about chemicals that it would obligate any foreign powers to be involved in a way that bullets and explosives do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I really don't understand what's so special about chemicals that it would obligate any foreign powers to be involved in a way that bullets and explosives do not.
    beyond being outlawed by the geneva convention they are WMD's

If he did use chemical weapons it's our obligation to go in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If he did use chemical weapons it's our obligation to go in.
    no, no, no, no, no, and lastly NOOOOOO america doesn't need to get itself in anymore conflicts in that region

The only thing good thing that's going to happen with another big war is that technology will jump forward 50 years or so.

90% chance we won't be there to witness it. So yeah, you better hope shit doesn't hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    about there being a chemical attack or you think a particular side is lying?
    The entire situation in that country is sketchy. So having confirmed news from their is hard to know what is fact or not.

You think the Syrian government wouldn't sacrifice a few soldiers to make it appear like the other side orchestrated a chemical weapons attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Seriously?
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-03-19 at 11:58 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    no, no, no, no, no, and lastly NOOOOOO america doesn't need to get itself in anymore conflicts in that region
    It wouldn't be just the US but NATO as a whole. Think more Kosovo or Bosnia and less Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    It wouldn't be just the US but NATO as a whole. Think more Kosovo and less Iraq.
    It'd be the entire UN.

Well, I cannot speak for Russia. They're on the security council iirc and they blamed the rebels.