Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I think you have missed some lessons on this history. Your wrong thoughts may cloud your view.
    Whille that does happens to me quiet a lot, in this case i'm basing myself on pure facts... The fact that Froustmourne consumed his soul, the fact that Ner'Zull choosed Arthas even before he was born, the fact that Arthas the DK wasn't the same guy as Arthas the Paladin... Arthas the DK had nor personality at all... He was soulness, and bound to the LK. Offcourse, he hended developing a new personality, a kind of one that allowed him to make his own decisitions without being bound to Ner'Zull... The fact is that new personality wasn't Arthas anymore... This leaded to the destruction of Ner'Zull.

But even after Ner'Zull was destroyed, yet, a new Arthas was born, he his not the soulness Arthas or Arthas the Paladin, he his a mix of the soulness Arthas and Ner'Zull. And that his the Arthas we see during all Wrath.

At the end, we can still see a smal glintch of Arthas the Paladin, ''... I see only Darkness for me'', with this we see that he feals, again, fear, and pity... And all the feelings he had before Froustmourne consumed his soul.

Anyways .. i am quite sure that we will have the scourge as third faction.. sooner or later.The currently leaderless forsaken ( or at least a part of it ) will leave the horde for it. Plus they will get nerubians , vrykuls , skeletons ( which are not the same as forsaken which are more like zombies with flesh on ) and maybe thats it for the beginning. Classes basically whatever can work under those circumstances. Shamans , unholy paladins , dks , unholy priests etc...
    There is a speculation thread around, you might desire to post this there.

And of course with Arthas back in charge and leader of the faction after dueling and winning against bolvar or something.
    Seeing Arthas back is not impossible, after all he lies in front of the LK (Bolvar) which is the master of the scourge... If Bolvar wishes to, he can ressurect him, but if that happens i'm afraid to say that we might see Arthas the Paladin, not the soulness Arthas.

Deleted
    This thread is enough speculation for me to post in it , thank you. .

As for Arthas the paladin .. nah he will be back as lk and duel and win against bolvar.

Or they can be both supreme leaders of the scourge with minor racial leaders.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I guess Sylvanas was too lazy to watch the cinematic that they put in Dalaran if she was shocked to see Bolvar there.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    How is that evil?
    How is it not evil? It means he can build up an army in peace because nobody would expect him to do so, since they don't even know he exists.

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Pitch is not a matter of morality.
    It implies something, Blizzard wouldn't include something like that in a cutscene if it didn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    A crack..... Do you realize Bolvar could simply remove the ice anytime he wished? He just encased himself in ice in order to sleep. I think that way he can control the scourge better. It's like his mind is hovering around doing stuff. Kinda like what Arthas did. His mind was active but in order to do that he had to sleep and put his body in a coma.
    The crack might have awakened him

The whole "scourge will be stronger without the leader" moment is bullshit. How is ragtag bunch of frenzied zombies more dangerous than effective strike force able to besiege settlements and raise dead (feral scourge cant raise dead).

Maybe they were trying to tell us that Arthas was tacticaly and strategicaly incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    The crack might have awakened him
    As I said, he doesn't need to be woken up, he can do it himself. And besides, even if he was awakened he would go back to sleep since he isn't ready to imerge.

As I said, he doesn't need to be woken up, he can do it himself. And besides, even if he was awakened he would go back to sleep since he isn't ready to imerge.
    Why would they add it then? It must mean something. They wouldn't leave such a detail unused

Why would they add it then? It must mean something. They wouldn't leave such a detail unused
    Red Herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The whole "scourge will be stronger without the leader" moment is bullshit. How is ragtag bunch of frenzied zombies more dangerous than effective strike force able to besiege settlements and raise dead (feral scourge cant raise dead).

Maybe they were trying to tell us that Arthas was tacticaly and strategicaly incompetent?
    No, Arthas was keeping back the scourge for one reason. He wanted "us" to traverse the frozen wastes and overcome every challenge he lay before us only to kill us at the end and raise us so "we" would lead the scourge and kill all the loved ones we have.

Basically what he wants is to repeat the same thing that happened to him. He went all the way to Northrend only to have his soul taken by Frostmourne and return home to kill his father.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe it was to signify the hate and anger that Sylvanas felt? Unless of course they plan to corrupt Bolvar. Then that's another story.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2013-03-21 at 01:17 PM.

I can see a LK raid ala ragnaros at some point in the future. Of course if subscriptions completely tank or something I can totally see blizzard doing a desperate copy of wrath of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Red Herring.
    I really doubt that

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:16 PM ----------

Maybe it was to signifie the hate and anger that Sylvanas felt? Unless of course they plan to corrupt Bolvar. Then that's another story.
    They they'd just say she punched the ice.

I really doubt that

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:16 PM ----------

They they'd just say she punched the ice.
    Yeah, she was so angry that she punched the ice and it actually made a crack. But I don't know, maybe they will wake him up from this, or maybe they'll forget it. You never know with Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can see a LK raid ala ragnaros at some point in the future. Of course if subscriptions completely tank or something I can totally see blizzard doing a desperate copy of wrath of sorts.
    It won't be desperate. Trust me if the subs went to 1 million or something like that, every thing they will make will way more awesome that the things they release these days. I mean look at Wrath. Then look at Cata. And now look at MoP.

Subs peaked at Wrath. So made a half assed expansion and they were like "yeah yeah just release the expansion it's going to make billions". But then the subs dropped and look at MoP. It's one of the best expansions yet (according to statistics). Imagine what will happen if they dropped way lower. They didn't make MoP out of desperation, they made it because they tried. And they didn't try with Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I loved WOTLK's story right up until they crowned Bolvar the new Lich King. The part where the ham-fisted, backup money making story aka "the undead would grow too powerful left without a master", "there must always be a Lich King" stripped the Lich King of all power and status for me, and also made the whole Northrend crusade seem pointless.

Maybe I misunderstood it or missed something but for me it seemed they ended it with $$$ instead of giving a fitting end. I will probably get flamed for this as it seems everyone widely loved the ending.
    you did miss something.

it's not that the scourge would be stronger without the lich king. the lich king is strong, and he strengthens the scourge.

the thing is that deep inside the lich king didn't want to take over the world. he wanted to be stopped. there was still a little piece of him around keeping him from taking over the world.

Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: What's this!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: He... he kept it? All this time, he kept it!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I knew!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I sensed a part of him still alive! Trapped... struggling... Oh, Arthas!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Perhaps - perhaps he might someday remember what he once was.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: By the Light, may he at last find rest, free from the icy grip of that terrible blade.

this was arthas' redemption story. all this time, the little that remained of his old self was fighting against his new lich king's persona and setting him back. that whole "I'll test the champions of light and have them destroy my armies so I can turn them into my new army and take over the world" plan was just his way of tricking himself into defeat. that's why he kept tirion alive during the fight. he wanted to lose!

in the end, he was relieved that he had been defeated. "father, is it over?"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    We already did the LK story, what's the point of doing the same thing again?
    He will do the same thing as Arthas did and we will do the same thing as we did before.. then again there will be a new LK and again Sylvannas will be furious... and then what?
    Same thing again?
    Bolvar wouldn't necessarily take the same actions as Arthas -- that's where stuff gets interesting. He wasn't already corrupted as a Death Knight and there's no Frostmourne. I could see Bolvar actually taking on an anti-hero sort of role as the Lich King if he ever comes back.

"she became enraged, as she feared this "puppet king" might one day use his new, inexhaustable power to twist the world to his own ends"

I get a chuckle out of HER being enraged that someone else is using power and twisting it to their own end. If we are lucky Bolvar will break free and take out Sylvannas.

Do you realize that the previous Lich King, Arthas, suddenly sounded human again once he lost his helmet?
    Ever wear a helmet that covers your whole face? I tends to change the tone of ones voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How is it not evil? It means he can build up an army in peace because nobody would expect him to do so, since they don't even know he exists.
    That is nonsense. Bolvar became the Lich King to be a jailer to the Scourge, not to build up an army. The reason why he asked Tirion to keep the details of his fate a secret from the general populace was to protect them from the knowledge of his sacrifice. You might find that weird, but that is his official reasoning.

His new job is not secret anyway. With Tirion, Sylvannas and several of the greatest champions of the Horde/Alliance knowing about Bolvar, scrutiny regarding his actions certainly exists. Confusing the common merchants and farmers of the world with "the Lich King still lives, kinda" stories would not help the forces of the living should Bolvar suddenly turn evil.

Your claim that Bolvar wanted to keep his state a secret so he can quietly amass an army is absurd and baseless. If that were his motivation, do you really think Tirion would honor his wishes?

And the "evil" voice as you call it is not a hint of Bolvar's evil nature. It is just a thematic sign of him becoming the Jailer of the Damned, serving the planet in pain and solitude.