Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Ever wear a helmet that covers your whole face? I tends to change the tone of ones voice.
    Your voice wouldnt become all stereotypical evil

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amaxas View Post
    "she became enraged, as she feared this "puppet king" might one day use his new, inexhaustable power to twist the world to his own ends"

I get a chuckle out of HER being enraged that someone else is using power and twisting it to their own end. If we are lucky Bolvar will break free and take out Sylvannas.
    You might be onto something there, it could mean the end of sylvanas (if that ever happens, the fan base loves her)

The two intriguing things about this to me are.

1) Bolvar is jailer to the lich king, not the lich king as we perceive him. Sylvanas banging her fists and cracking his prison is physically or metaphorically hindering his job and threatening a return. Note that its not Bolvar but Sylvanas that is striking the iron.

2) If it is Bolvar himself and not the entity of the Lich King that seems enraged at Sylvanas (which it appears it would be, assuming that he is still incased in ice because Bolvar's will is still in control over the lich king) well that is an interesting thought in itself. Wonder what all he knows and discovered in his time tortured by Arthas and an old god.... hmmmm. The focus here shouldn't be on whether or not Bolvar his evil (he isn't, he was tortured by one of the most evil beings we have encountered and still prevailed to take yet another burden upon himself in the end) but rather what Sylvannas has to hide.

I just can't help but wonder what he knows about Sylvanas to make him so dangerous to her. Bolvar obviously isn't evil, and certainly no worse than Arthas. But Sylvanas' presence was almost enough to break his control, even though he seemingly has no trouble at all fighting off the influence of the Lich King. He had a lot of time being tortured by Arthas and more importantly an Old God to sniff out some dirty secrets. If not the ultimate baddie in the end I hope at least one expansion goes back and sheds more light on the Old Gods and specifically the mystery behind Trisfal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Your voice wouldnt become all stereotypical evil

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:49 PM ----------

You might be onto something there, it could mean the end of sylvanas (if that ever happens, the fan base loves her)
    So, am I the only one that actually hates her? I don't like after what she did in Southshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The whole "scourge will be stronger without the leader" moment is bullshit. How is ragtag bunch of frenzied zombies more dangerous than effective strike force able to besiege settlements and raise dead (feral scourge cant raise dead).

Maybe they were trying to tell us that Arthas was tacticaly and strategicaly incompetent?
    Blizzard never said that the scourge would be stronger without a master

What they did say was that their has to be a Lich king to keep the scourge in check, because without a master the undead would be just running around and attacking everything which would create a bigger chaos.

Whatever reason Arthas/Lich King had he could have done much more harm if he wanted to. But what's the point in taking over the world when the world itself ends up being a desert.
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-03-21 at 02:17 PM.

I think Blizzard decided Bolvar would be the Lich King way before Wrath.

Vision of the Forlorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Vision of the Forlorn.
    That was an awesome find... and a good read. I know it played out slightly different because of the Wrathgate incident, but it does seem that he was destined to become the "Jailer of the Damned".

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    So was Arthas
    Arthas was always a weak person though, Bolvar has proven to resist even death, Arthas was always fragile and very easy for Ner'zhul to manipulate. He also had questionable motives and was lead too far by only revenge. Arthas was never a good guy, because he was too weak to witness any kind of loss.

From the start I had an idea concerning Bolvar and Sylvanas in a story that is inspired by the Hades/Persephone archetypal relationship.

Perhaps Sylvanas does something very fucked up and she is imprisoned by Bolvar who considers himself the warden of the dead. Over time, perhaps they come to know each other in their solitude and develop a bond with each other of sorts in their isolation. Then she becomes,... the LICH QUEEN! Yeah,.... maybe not though.

But I think it's a sure thing Bolvar is coming back as an antihero. He's going to be like Hades, a neutral figure neither Horde nor Alliance but not a villain either.

People seem to either be ignorant of what Metzen has said or just don't care. Bolvar's will could not be broken by the Lich King after months of agony, Bolvar's will is superior to the will of Arthas, which was powerful enough to subdue and metaphorically kill Ner'zhul already. I feel Bolvar has nothing to fear from Ner'zhul corrupting him, but he may speak with him in his head.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 10:06 AM ----------

Vision of the Forlorn.
    Oh wow, that's awesome actually. What date was that put into the game? When TBC was released?
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-03-21 at 03:06 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    From the start I had an idea concerning Bolvar and Sylvanas in a story that is inspired by the Hades/Persephone archetypal relationship.

Perhaps Sylvanas does something very fucked up and she is imprisoned by Bolvar who considers himself the warden of the dead. Over time, perhaps they come to know each other in their solitude and develop a bond with each other of sorts in their isolation. Then she becomes,... the LICH QUEEN! Yeah,.... maybe not though.

But I think it's a sure thing Bolvar is coming back as an antihero. He's going to be like Hades, a neutral figure neither Horde nor Alliance but not a villain either.

People seem to either be ignorant of what Metzen has said or just don't care. Bolvar's will could not be broken by the Lich King after months of agony, Bolvar's will is superior to the will of Arthas, which was powerful enough to subdue and metaphorically kill Ner'zhul already. I feel Bolvar has nothing to fear from Ner'zhul corrupting him, but he may speak with him in his head.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 10:06 AM ----------

Oh wow, that's awesome actually. What date was that put into the game? When TBC was released?
    Patch 2.2.0

I always wondered why Bolvar didn't jsut sic his scourge on Twilight through Cataclysm. That'd decrease numbers of both. Win-win, right?

Maybe he'll still do that on Legion.

So, am I the only one that actually hates her? I don't like after what she did in Southshore.
    no, i dislike her too

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I always wondered why Bolvar didn't jsut sic his scourge on Twilight through Cataclysm. That'd decrease numbers of both. Win-win, right?
    I don't think the Scourge can be used as a precise weapon like that. The Scourge is not a scalpel, it is a dirty bomb: the undead hordes sicken the land and all vegetable and animal life by their mere presence in large numbers, and the undead horrors are not individually controlled or programmed by the Lich King. This means that if Bolvar would have let them loose in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms to devour Twilight's Hammer cultists, then they would have killed many innocents as well.
    Also, the normal population would not have understood that the Scourge is suddenly "on their side", and Bolvar does not have the necessary public relations department to fix that. All of this would have resulted in widespread panic and fighting, which would have helped the Twilight's Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I loved WOTLK's story right up until they crowned Bolvar the new Lich King. The part where the ham-fisted, backup money making story aka "the undead would grow too powerful left without a master", "there must always be a Lich King" stripped the Lich King of all power and status for me, and also made the whole Northrend crusade seem pointless.

Maybe I misunderstood it or missed something but for me it seemed they ended it with $$$ instead of giving a fitting end. I will probably get flamed for this as it seems everyone widely loved the ending.
    I think you got worked up over this for no reason.

The lich King in control of the Scourge = One guy directing the scourge to wipe out life on Azeroth.
    The Scourge without a Lich King = All the Scourge running around killing verything in sight like a mindless swarm
    The Scourge with Bolvar as Lich King = A Scourge which is directed to sit, stay and behave in northrend.

So your Northrend crusade was not at all pointless.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Bolvar brought the entire scourge army down upon the Demon Armies from a flank near the end of the next expansion.

I think that may be interesting too what the Knights of the Ebon Blade are doing right know at Northrend.

Increasing their ranks with some free undead? Experimenting with a pacific scourge? And of course watching every kind of move from the scourge and building new fortress in Northrend.

May be Bolvar is watching them, guessing if they can be used as leaders of differents parts of his enormous army. May be he didn´t help us against Twilight Hammer forces cause he doesn´t have yet control over all the scourge. I mean, he is the boss, but he is knowing his army and thinking about the best way of use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I'll be interested to see how the red dragonflight's fire effects Bolvar as the Lich King.
    well the only dragon that would be strong enough to affect something powerfull as the lich king, would be the dragon aspect. and those are gona

Deleted
    No, Arthas was keeping back the scourge for one reason. He wanted "us" to traverse the frozen wastes and overcome every challenge he lay before us only to kill us at the end and raise us so "we" would lead the scourge and kill all the loved ones we have.

Basically what he wants is to repeat the same thing that happened to him. He went all the way to Northrend only to have his soul taken by Frostmourne and return home to kill his father.
    Or it's just as Uther stated in the Halls of Reflection; "I suspect that the piece of Arthas that might be left inside the Lich king is all that holds the scourge from anihilating Azeroth"

Arthas was never evil, Frostmourne corrupted him. Arthas body, Ner'Zhuls mind and experience created this twisted evil that we know as The Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Nollan View Post
    Arthas was never evil, Frostmourne corrupted him.
    He was ruthless and without mercy (the massacre of Stratholme), feverishly vengeful (his campaign against Mal'ganis including the destruction of his own fleet), treacherous and murderous (the Northrend mercenaries) and dickishly self-righteous and arrogant (how he talked to Uther for example) long before he found Frostmourne.

He might not have been "evil" before picking up the cursed blade, but he was certainly not a good person either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    He was ruthless and without mercy (the massacre of Stratholme), feverishly vengeful (his campaign against Mal'ganis including the destruction of his own fleet), treacherous and murderous (the Northrend mercenaries) and dickishly self-righteous and arrogant (how he talked to Uther for example) long before he found Frostmourne.

He might not have been "evil" before picking up the cursed blade, but he was certainly not a good person either.
    Can't argue with you on that one. But he did what he thought was best for his people (he thought that Frostmourne would be the salvation for his people that's why he was so possesed to claim it) and blinded by hate he made mistakes. But you get my point, after he picked up Frostmourne everything basiclly went to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    True... But a soulness Arthas, because his soul was imprisioned inside Froustmourne...

There is a mission in WC3 where just after Froustmourne consumed his soul, Arthas states... ''I feel no mercy, no pity, nor remorse...''

If something consumed your own soul do you even consider wath was left behind as still being you?? Lets take an example, people with multiple personalities, even this is one of the rarest psychiatric condictions you can ever see, people afected by them oftem developed conflicting personalities...

The point here is that Arthas doesn't even have a personality after frostmourne consumed his soul... He exists only to serve Ner'Zull (the true LK)...
    He still had those things. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been able to forcibly eject them from himself later.