Just some questions about my gearing / stats

Do you guys think this is enough to play fire?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...forge/advanced

and am i doing anything wrong.
    Last edited by Reforge; 2013-03-20 at 02:01 AM.

I'm only 508 with 22.54% crit unbuffed and I seem to be doing decent. So with your higher ilvl and higher crit % unbuffed, you should be good to go.
    Reforging wise though, looks like you're a little off when checking AskMrRobot, but it's not a big difference.

Invocation is superior to Incanter's Ward. The Int/Haste gem in your belt could be 320 crit, you are also 1% over hit cap because of Sword Specialization. Also some of your reforges are off Crit>Haste>Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is most certainly good enough gear to be starting out as Fire, yes.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the same topic, I'm currently considering swapping back to fire from frost. With the two upgrades I'm picking up tomorrow and reforging/regemming I would be sitting at 31.23% crit, 13.7% haste and 27.72% mastery.
    My only major question is if AMR is figuring in buffs like molten armor and the crit from arc int or not. If not, 41% crit seems like more than plenty to play fire and place better than frost where as 31% would have me a little weary about making the change.

Edit- My first thought was that it does in fact assume I will have int+molten armor and any other raid buffs active. 31% crit unbuffed seems a bit high considering I'm only 500 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    If it puts you at 31.23% crit at iLvl 500 then it most certainly accounts for Arcane Brilliance and Molten Armor. Personally I started playing Fire around that crit level as well (Ilvl 512 at the time, but full mastery/haste gear after 5.1 Arcane) and it was alright. In your gear I can't realistically see the big difference between Fire and Frost DPS so it'd be entirely up to you. I suppose this would mark a lovely place for you to decide which spec you want to play in the long run as you'll want more haste focused gear if you want to play Frost, and more crit focused gear for Fire.
    Armory
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    If it puts you at 31.23% crit at iLvl 500 then it most certainly accounts for Arcane Brilliance and Molten Armor. Personally I started playing Fire around that crit level as well (Ilvl 512 at the time, but full mastery/haste gear after 5.1 Arcane) and it was alright. In your gear I can't realistically see the big difference between Fire and Frost DPS so it'd be entirely up to you. I suppose this would mark a lovely place for you to decide which spec you want to play in the long run as you'll want more haste focused gear if you want to play Frost, and more crit focused gear for Fire.

Ty for the quick reply. I had a strong feeling it was accounting for buffs as that would be an absurd amount of crit to have at my ilvl.
    Well, overall I enjoy fire more so than frost. I also noticed that there seems to be ample amounts of crit gear out of ToT.

Which of the two specs shines better with 4pc? The frost bonus seems to be worth more, at least from first glance, than the fire bonus.

Edit- Just recently, like as of tonight, had to swap mains from my rogue to my mage. So if I seem a bit out of touch it's because I am.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-03-20 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I am not knowledgable to provide an insightful comment on the setbonus' effect on Frost DPS. It is a pretty good one for Fire though. Not bloody amazing like the T10 one was, for example, but decent by any standard.

Perhaps someone else could give you some better info. *Calls Kuni*
    Armory
    Twitter

ok thanks you guys appreciate the feedback

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyralis View Post
    Invocation is superior to Incanter's Ward. The Int/Haste gem in your belt could be 320 crit, you are also 1% over hit cap because of Sword Specialization. Also some of your reforges are off Crit>Haste>Mastery.
    I am not 1% over hit cap, if you look at the hit rating number, I'm at 4763, 4760 = 14% hit. It just takes into account the 1% expertise with swords as a human.

Deleted
    With this gear you should DEFINITELY go fire. And if I were you unless you won't be having problems with Hit Cap I'd scrap every Gem from that Belt and just socket with 3x 320 Crit. What do you need the 120 haste bonus anyway? And you must be a pretty lucky guy having all that ToT items so early in the patch

Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    With this gear you should DEFINITELY go fire. And if I were you unless you won't be having problems with Hit Cap I'd scrap every Gem from that Belt and just socket with 3x 320 Crit. What do you need the 120 haste bonus anyway? And you must be a pretty lucky guy having all that ToT items so early in the patch
    I actually raid 25 man and just simply got lucky with drops and we don't have another crit loving caster in the entire raid.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 11:07 AM ----------

Adeltor, the entire reason i will not switch out that crit hit gem is because that haste bonus for following the gem instructions keeps me over the haste cap for an additional tick of combustion and living bomb i believe correct me if i am wrong

Deleted
    The haste cap is 3056 for an extra tick if i'm not fooled. If you are gonna loose it if you do that, than you have a point here.But if not, there's no reason not to add MOAR crit XD And the 25-m guild explains items stuff :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    ok thanks you guys appreciate the feedback

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:18 AM ----------

I am not 1% over hit cap, if you look at the hit rating number, I'm at 4763, 4760 = 14% hit. It just takes into account the 1% expertise with swords as a human.
    The armory says you have 16%, which is why I said you are over but with a closer look at your actual hit rating you are indeed at the correct amount. You still need to fix some of the reforges, reforgelite works pretty well. You can just adjust the stat weights to favour Crit>Haste>Mastery.
    Last edited by Pyralis; 2013-03-20 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks again guys, i do appreciate it