Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking When does a little thing go to far for you?

For me if a baby is crying and the parents don't quiet it. It gets me irritated and even though its a small child and i cant do anything then i just ask the parent and they dont get to happy about that

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    For me if a baby is crying and the parents don't quiet it. It gets me irritated and even though its a small child and i cant do anything then i just ask the parent and they dont get to happy about that
    mines ppl that get upset at baby QQ and ppl that slurp their cereal

Mine is when people talk to you in class when you're trying to learn and just dont shut up

10+ Year Old Account
    buzkil i hate that so glad i graduated

Yeah I'm in college, I pay to learn hear not to listen to you talk about random stuff.. Absolutely hate it lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats your Major?

anytime theres sudden loud sounds on the radio while driving. they should make it illegal to broadcast tires screeching / horn honking sounds imo.

I do agree that it's annoying when people don't help their baby. But furthermore, it's upsetting to me when people hurt their baby because it is crying. Usually, a baby that is crying needs something. It's a sound that makes you want to get the baby what it needs. There are a few basic things to check first. Diaper, hungry, tired, or bored.

So it really disheartens me when I hear of incidents involving babies getting hurt (or killed) because the parent couldn't handle the crying. So while I said it's annoying to hear a baby cry, I think when they are home, and the baby is crying, and nothing seems to be working, it's better to let them cry in a safe spot (say a crib) than hurt the baby.

Anyway, that's the only reason why I think people should let their baby cry. Obviously a colicky baby (very gassy and unsettled tummy) will cry a lot and I'm so glad my son wasn't that way. I don't know how people can deal with 3 months of constant crying. So I feel very lucky.

I kind of rambled.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    anytime theres sudden loud sounds on the radio while driving. they should make it illegal to broadcast tires screeching / horn honking sounds imo.
    OMG yeah I hate that! Radios should be banned from broadcasting anything that sounds like cars doing dangerous things OR police sirens!!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Many driving things bother me. I really hate driving though.
    I severely dislike:
    -When people turn without turn signals.
    -When people fail to yield right-of-way.
    -When people go under the speed limit.
    -When people go under or go the speed limit in the "fast lane," and don't let people pass them.
    -When people do not use their free right on red lights (when legal to do so)
    -When people take sit in the middle of oversize lanes so you cannot go around them to use your free right on red.
    -The stoplights that are green for only 5-10 seconds.
    -The stoplights that are green for only one direction at a time. Therefore it takes twice as long to get through said stoplight.

When theres a small sound thats been going on for a while and eventually it gets to me. For example if a drink is loose in a drink holder in a car and it starts rattling around when you or someone else is driving.
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2013-03-20 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    I fucking hate the sound which comes when people eat, even if they eat quietly it frustrates me. If they don't eat quietly I go immediately away no matter what, or otherwise I would punch the eater in the face. I don't think it's completely normal, but many people I've talked with have the same issue so it's common at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is when I'm playing a video game and some stupid background program like iTunes needs an update so it minimizes my game on me to tell me about the update.

F**kin interrupted my favorite scene in Mass Effect 3, in all of video gaming in fact, just a few nights ago. My Shepard had her entire fleet come through the relay, an epic and glorious moment interrupted by iTunes.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Seriously, programs should not minimize full screen games and pop ups need to be fucking OUTLAWED.
    Putin khuliyo

-People who tailgate
    -People who speed up to prevent you from merging lanes.
    -People (generally without kids) who act put out when my baby is crying in public. I could see if I was just letting him cry, but I don't. The worst was during the 2012 election. I had to bring my baby with me to vote, as I couldn't get a babysitter, and was not about to abstain from my democratic right. He was fussing while I was waiting in line, and I was doing everything I could to comfort him. I was apologetic, and did my best to calm him, and as I was coming to the end of the line to get my ballot, some guy who was checking names and such turns to one of his peers and starts talking shit about my kid.

Deleted
    When people go out of their way to educate me about the danger of smoking. They can literally walk up to me from 50 meters away, stand in my pillar of smoke and fake cough while lecturing me how I'm giving them cancer. They have the mindset that if they come walking towards me I should immediately put out my cigarette as they have more rights than me walking that street. I don't care for those people at all. I really hope they get skin cancer from all that brown without sun lotion they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post

Anyway, that's the only reason why I think people should let their baby cry. Obviously a colicky baby (very gassy and unsettled tummy) will cry a lot and I'm so glad my son wasn't that way. I don't know how people can deal with 3 months of constant crying. So I feel very lucky.
    You work with your partner and take shifts to the best of your ability. If you start getting too mad, you put the baby in his crib, and walk out of the room and calm down.

Its not right to get mad at them, but I speak from experience when I say, after weeks of sleeping ~10 hours a week, tempers get short and things stop making sense. I remember a night where he was shrieking for hours, nothing was working (like usual) and my wife and I got into a fight. Neither of us had slept much, and I don't think either of us were speaking coherent sentences. I still don't know how we got through it, but thank God its over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun33 View Post
    You work with your partner and take shifts to the best of your ability. If you start getting too mad, you put the baby in his crib, and walk out of the room and calm down.

Its not right to get mad at them, but I speak from experience when I say, after weeks of sleeping ~10 hours a week, tempers get short and things stop making sense. I remember a night where he was shrieking for hours, nothing was working (like usual) and my wife and I got into a fight. Neither of us had slept much, and I don't think either of us were speaking coherent sentences. I still don't know how we got through it, but thank God its over.
    Good Job Yeah, I guess the only thing you can do in that case is let them cry in their crib and shut the door. I don't like the idea of letting babies cry unless it's a case like that, because anything else they can be soothed or the issue can be ratified so they stop crying. I respect you a lot for going through what you did.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    I fucking hate the sound which comes when people eat, even if they eat quietly it frustrates me. If they don't eat quietly I go immediately away no matter what, or otherwise I would punch the eater in the face. I don't think it's completely normal, but many people I've talked with have the same issue so it's common at least.
    Do you try to be quiet yourself while eating so it doesn't anger others, or do you just tell them do deal with it?

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

Now head over to the disability thread. ^^
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-03-20 at 04:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Do you try to be quiet yourself while eating so it doesn't anger others, or do you just tell them do deal with it?
    Yes I'm a quiet eater fortunately

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    I'm guessing you never go out to eat then.

OT: The only thing that really kills me is dead obvious things that people should know yet always act dumb.