Poll: Most Fun and Well rounded Ranged Dps?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most Fun Ranged Dps 5.2

I wanted to know which ranged dps every one thinks is the most fun to play now in 5.2.

Deleted
    I vote Hun. . . erm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are ranged DPS, so you might want to add them. ;-)
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    shuriken toss

Deleted
    I'd go with warlock out of those. I think sp's rotation might be slightly more interesting than aff in 5.2 with mf:i, but you have three very different dps specs to play around and (unlike sp's) cd usage and several other tools to minimax your performance (while sp does have quite a lot of tools to help the raid, which is fun for a while:P). Locks are also very unlikely to ever be an outright weak class, some spec will probably be viable at all times. The only fun part about moonkin is really to minimax your dps during openers/cds, the rotation itself is insanely boring. Ele shammys is just well, simple. Fire mage is quite fun (and sometimes a bit frustrating, rngstreaks), but the other mage specs really aren't very interesting (and fire is only an option in really good ger).

That being said, when it comes to ranged rotations I'd definitely find the hunter rotation to be the most fun/complex right now, but I assume that you had some reason for not adding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, hunters. Didn't vote for obvious reasons.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either hunters for the rotation or ele shams for how awesome the spells look.
    I could watch chain lightning being cast for hours and not be bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock, mainly because destruction is heavily viable now, and it was always the most entertaining as far as the rotation goes for me. Also, green fire

My main is a hunter, but I'm getting a little burnt out. So far, I've been having a blast on my Lock.

Ele sham, because chain lightning spam is pew pew fun.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spewing fire everywhere as a warlock is the most fun I've ever had as a ranged DPS in this game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    you didin't add hunter which are only-ranged class that i can stand for now (but ele shaman are nice too) because they got alot of instancje and can do everything in run which is great. I think it's also abit challanging class, priorities are decent as well as focus mangament. I leveling elemental shaman right now and this spell look is great, especially mastery/echo of elements chain lightings, for me it got really "powah feels" you should try either Hunter or Shaman.

I would say hunters. Even though hunter rotations are bloated as fuck, being 100% completely and utterly mobile and ranged at the same time is so nice. No more dreading to move out of the fire and losing a ton of dps in the process.

I really like MoP spriests too. Solid multi-dotting and simple/straightforward everything else.

Demo is smooth too, but IMO they ruined affliction with MoP. Cata affliction post ISS was the smoothest spec ever in the history of the game. Destro is very smooth on the one hand, but in any aoe or add situation things can get hectic trying to sqeeze as much damage and embers out as you can. Not a fan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I would say hunters. Even though hunter rotations are bloated as fuck, being 100% completely and utterly mobile and ranged at the same time is so nice. No more dreading to move out of the fire and losing a ton of dps in the process.

I really like MoP spriests too. Solid multi-dotting and simple/straightforward everything else.

Demo is smooth too, but IMO they ruined affliction with MoP. Cata affliction post ISS was the smoothest spec ever in the history of the game. Destro is very smooth on the one hand, but in any aoe or add situation things can get hectic trying to sqeeze as much damage and embers out as you can. Not a fan.
    Destruction AoE is super easy because you're merely doing your single target spells while smacking FnB whenever you can, while throwing out RoF.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Hunters are ranged DPS, so you might want to add them. ;-)
    Cant add poll options after its done. Therefore this seems to be pointless now :P

Fun is also subjective. I voted for warlock.

Both Balance and Warlock demo/destr is really awesome right now.
    But I still feel Balance is more fun and a more challenging to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vShadez View Post
    I wanted to know which ranged dps every one thinks is the most fun to play now in 5.2.
    I voted Locks (Having a Mage and a Lock), because how different the 3 dps specs is, while still only being able to dps.

Aff > Destro > Demo for me, in how fun I think the specs are, but I also suck at Demo

Wanna being able to move without restrictions during DPS? Hunter.
    Wanna have lots of utility talents, like ones that boost your speed, propell you back or save your repair bill? Hunter.
    Wanna have a really good DPS, based mostly on your personal skills to play the class? Hunter.
    Wanna be able to help your raid team using your pet as an off tank? Hunter.

Seriously, why are there even other options? I mean, why isn't there a hunter option?

Deleted
    Wanna being able to move without restrictions during DPS? Hunter.
    Wanna have lots of utility talents, like ones that boost your speed, propell you back or save your repair bill? Hunter.
    Wanna have a really good DPS, based mostly on your personal skills to play the class? Hunter.
    Wanna be able to help your raid team using your pet as an off tank? Hunter.

Seriously, why are there even other options? I mean, why isn't there a hunter option?
    Well you can do all those things with a Warlock but with much higher DPS and more survivability

Anyway the poll is about "fun" not usefulness. Destrolock is a looooot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing beats the joy of spamming chain lighting in large groups. Especially if the group moves a bit and doesn't stand in one spot. Double and triple procs just look so awesome